Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by mia
A) It's a rumor, not a fact. It would be uncharacteristic for Chase to increase the bonus on a newly launched card, and there isn't any evidence to support this rumor.

B) Chase has a policy on matching new offers. You ask, and they say yes or no based on the amount of time since you applied. There are no other factors considered.
Also, will only expect them to match if its a public offer. Targeted 100k offer will not be matched.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I agree with mia. I just don't buy this 100k rumor on a card that was launched just a few months ago. If anything, I'd expect it to be lowered not raised.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 3:30 pm

Programs: United
Ink Preffered - Places that sell GC's that code as 3x?

Per the subject: Has anyone found a place that codes as 3x that sells gift cards?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:18 pm

How about a shipping supply store like usps/ups/FedEx?
Old Mar 1, 2017, 4:24 pm

Programs: United
Originally Posted by gumercindo
How about a shipping supply store like usps/ups/FedEx?
I tried Fedex Office, no gift cards there. Fedex proper, no dice either
Old Mar 1, 2017, 5:15 pm

I wonder if mom and pop shipping stores have any
Old Mar 3, 2017, 10:15 am

Two questions,
Is this card okay to apply with SSN or it requires a registered business?
Also, to get pre-approval in branch, do I need to open a business checking account? I'm way above 5/24.
Thanks a bunch!!
Old Mar 3, 2017, 3:57 pm

SSN is fine to do. Hate to say it but odds are really slim you'll get approval.
Old Mar 3, 2017, 4:48 pm

I applied for the Ink Preferred in-branch and the rep made me sign up for a Business Checking account. I was approved for the card (waiting for it to come) and have not actually made a transfer into the Business Checking. Can I just cancel the checking account? I don't really have plans to use it.
Old Mar 4, 2017, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rgilkes
I applied for the Ink Preferred in-branch and the rep made me sign up for a Business Checking account. I was approved for the card (waiting for it to come) and have not actually made a transfer into the Business Checking. Can I just cancel the checking account? I don't really have plans to use it.
How very Wells-Fargo-like.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 7:31 am

Was not approved online but got a message saying to call them asap after clicking submit button. On phone about 5 minutes then approved.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by svirfnebli
Per the subject: Has anyone found a place that codes as 3x that sells gift cards?
Does Staples not work? I placed an order, but I don't think I'll know if it coded as 3x until it at least posts, and possibly later. I've had some Verizon Fios charges and phone bills post to the account, but I'm not even sure how to confirm that those coded as 3x.

EDIT: I don't know why I thought Office Supply Stores were one of the 3x categories. I was mistaken.

Last edited by Mancolt; Mar 7, 2017 at 8:04 am Reason: OSS not a category on Preferred
Old Mar 7, 2017, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by Mancolt
Does Staples not work? I placed an order, but I don't think I'll know if it coded as 3x until it at least posts, and possibly later. I've had some Verizon Fios charges and phone bills post to the account, but I'm not even sure how to confirm that those coded as 3x.
You can go to UR portal and see how many points each transaction is going to earn.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
100k sign-up bonus coming soon for the Chase Ink Preferred, per http://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-...0-ur-soon-ish/
I have heard this (independently) from a Chase branch employee.
Old Mar 7, 2017, 4:24 pm

Does anyone know if any of the 3% apply with eBay fees or postage printed through eBay/PayPal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.