Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by trikotret
I got the same thing. Anual fee was waived first year with 80k bonus. I still have ink plus though.
Thanks. I am way over 5/24 and didn't know if this would bypass it.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by 141park
Thanks. I am way over 5/24 and didn't know if this would bypass it.
It won't bypass 5/24. I've already tried it. Also many DPs say it won't. Your best bet is to see if you are pre-approved at branch.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 6:47 pm

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Since there's no guarantee of approval in either case, why not go for the one with the higher signup bonus first?
I ended up doing just that, just went for the Ink Preferred. Applied online and got the 7-10 day message. Waited, then called the automated line 3 days later and it said I was approved w/ $9k limit. Still waiting for the physical card.

Anyone know if you're able to access personal and business cards to the same online login? I'm 90% sure I should be able to transfer the UR points from the Ink Preferred to the Sapphire Reserve for the higher redemption rate.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by skw1
I ended up doing just that, just went for the Ink Preferred. Applied online and got the 7-10 day message. Waited, then called the automated line 3 days later and it said I was approved w/ $9k limit. Still waiting for the physical card.

Anyone know if you're able to access personal and business cards to the same online login? I'm 90% sure I should be able to transfer the UR points from the Ink Preferred to the Sapphire Reserve for the higher redemption rate.
I am able to access both cards in one login. I setup the login as business site and then called CS to add my personal cards.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:05 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
This is how my I manage my Chase cards. All my personal and business accounts are tied to the same login and I consolidate all my UR points into my CSR account.
Old Jan 4, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: UA, VX, QF, EY, VA

Congrats on the approval. Good choice.

Keep in mind that you don't need to have them under the same login to transfer UR. Once you do it the first time it stores the card number/name for future point combining.

The reason not to merge logins is that you'll be stuck with the old UI as business accounts still use the design from 200X. If you don't care about that, then you'll need to call them.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by patrick.barnes
Congrats on the approval. Good choice.

Keep in mind that you don't need to have them under the same login to transfer UR. Once you do it the first time it stores the card number/name for future point combining.

The reason not to merge logins is that you'll be stuck with the old UI as business accounts still use the design from 200X. If you don't care about that, then you'll need to call them.
I ended up not merging as I've already gotten used to and like the layout/UI of the personal site over the one that's used on the business site. Next issue is getting the 3x points for VZ wireless. Sent a SM as I paid a bill at the in store kiosk and only got 1 point per dollar. Going to try next doing a payment online to see if that makes a difference.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:51 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Magic Pickles
Since Ink Plus is no longer available and the 80k is for a different product, Ink Preferred, you will be eligible for the bonus if approved for the card.
So the general rule of having to wait 24 months to get a bonus does not apply to the Ink Business Preferred? I last got a Chase Ink 50K bonus in March 2015 and was planning on waiting until March 2017 to apply for Ink Preferred. Can I apply now and get the 80K bonus even though it hasn't been 24 months?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 1:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
So the general rule of having to wait 24 months to get a bonus does not apply to the Ink Business Preferred?
The 24 month language which appears in most Chase offers refers to how recently you have received a bonus from the same card. Receiving a bonus for any other card is irrelevant. This card is new, and you probably have not already receive a bonus from an INK Preferred.

Last edited by mia; Jan 23, 2017 at 2:11 pm
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by mia
The 24 month language which appears in most Chase offers refers to how recently you have received a bonus from the same card. Receiving a bonus for any other card is irrelevant. This card is new, and you probably have not already receive a bonus from an INK Preferred.
No, I have not. I won't wait then. I'll apply immediately for myself and one for my husband. We both have our current Ink cards coming up for renewal soon, his in February and mine in July. 80K bonus points is a great offer.
Old Jan 23, 2017, 2:31 pm

I ended up not merging as I've already gotten used to and like the layout/UI of the personal site over the one that's used on the business site. Next issue is getting the 3x points for VZ wireless. Sent a SM as I paid a bill at the in store kiosk and only got 1 point per dollar. Going to try next doing a payment online to see if that makes a difference.
Good luck with that. When I pay my google fiber bill with Chase Ink cards they will not give me the 3x points. I'm told that google is not considered internet service even though I get my internet via google fiber. So I miss out on these extra points. Chase told me I have to get google to reclassify the charge on my credit card bill. Yea right. Big google corporation is going to talk to me.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: Aadvantage
Utilities

Does anyone know what category electricity bills fall under? will it get 3x?
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:48 pm

is 80K bonus the new normal?

is the 80K sign up bonus the new normal for this card? Will this offer always be the one for Ink Business Preferred? I have an Ink Plus that will come up for renewal in July and was going to wait until 1 month before to open a new account and get another sign up bonus then cancel the Ink Plus. If the bonus is going to drop to the standard 50K on Ink cards then I will do the application now.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 6:08 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by susiesan
is the 80K sign up bonus the new normal for this card?...
We don't know, but 80,000 is probably the new product launch offer, which will be reduced to 40-50,000 in time. I doubt that it will still be 80,000 in June.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 8:31 am

Applied yesterday afternoon and got the 30 day message. Called the automated line and got the 7-10 day message.

Should I call in? Is it definite that I was denied?

Currently 2/24.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.