Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 14, 2016, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CodeAdam10
THIS THREAD IS NOW ARCHIVED.
PLEASE CONTINUE THE DISCUSSION HERE: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/2031752-chase-ink-business-preferred-2021-onward.html

================================================== ==================================
  • 100,000 Chase UR points after $15K spend in 3 months, with $95 annual fee (not waived the first year)

Additionally: For those who may be automatically excluded due to 5/24, the in-branch Business Rep can submit the application by Mail on your behalf (this avoids the application going through the computer check that would automatically exclude those who are already at 5/24.) First year's annual fee is not waived.

: Some members may have a referral link and would be very grateful if you would use it. See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

1) Should I apply using the link above or go to a nearby brick and mortar branch?
Sometimes there are better offers to be had in the branch (as referenced above). Some in-branch apps had/have the $95 AF waived 1st yr (ymmv). You can also have your banker check to see if you are pre-approved for this card (green screen on the banker's log in). However, it is likely simpler/easier to do a Chase business credit application Online as applying in-branch often requires providing documentation (proof of business, etc).

2) How do the rewards differ from other INK cards?
The bonus categories on this card are different than other cards in the INK family, notably, this card does NOT get a bonus at Office Supply stores, but DOES get the following:

3 Points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent in combined purchases in the following categories each account anniversary year:

- Travel; including airfare, hotels, rental cars, train tickets, and taxis
- Shipping purchases
- Internet, cable and phone services
- Advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines

- 1 Point per $1 on all other purchases (with no limits on the number of points you can earn).

Also, notably, it follows the Sapphire Preferred personal card in offering a bonus when using points to book travel using the Ultimate Rewards web site: Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 towards travel.*

See discussion on using the UR portal, here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...ts-2017-a.html
3) What are the insurance and other benefits provided by this card?
The Benefits Guide is here: https://www.chasebenefits.com/inkpreferred
4) Can I product change from a different INK Card?
Since this card is newly released, options may change in the future, but, at this time, Chase is not permitting product change to Ink Preferred at this time (reported on 11/23/16).
See our ongoing discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...16-onward.html
To check app. status find the numbers in the WIKI in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...onward-43.html

(888) 269-8690 - Business Credit Card Application Status Line, automated

================================================== ================================================== ==========================================

Landing page for all INK cards: https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/ink-business-compare-cards/nov?CELL=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/Ink-General_Brand_Exact_Ink_SEM_US_Desktop_Standard_NA/sea/p56076138828/Business+Card+-+Chase+-+Ink&ds_rl=1268784&ds_rl=1238366&ds_rl=1238420&gcl id=EAIaIQobChMIoIqR-oic7QIV1x6tBh3k0gDyEAAYASAAEgItB_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.d s

Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Preferred (2016 - 2020 ARCHIVED)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
The 24 month language which appears in most Chase offers refers to how recently you have received a bonus from the same card. Receiving a bonus for any other card is irrelevant.
You mean irreleveant regarding boni on personal cards, e.g. this business card is not subject to the 5/24 rule on someone's personal cards?
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: AA Gold
how long to get card once approved?

I applied for and was approved for Chase Business Preferred card on Jan. 30. it is now Feb. 10 and the card has not come in the mail. Will calling Chase get them to expedite sending ut the card? I have multiple business bills to pay and I wanted to use this new card to get the spend on it. I also am going on vacation out of the country in a few weeks and wanted to take this card to use as it doesn't have a foreign transaction fee.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 10:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cesco.g
...this business card is not subject to the 5/24 rule on someone's personal cards?
My post was not about the 5 new card accounts in 24 months policy. I referred only to the terms of offers which stipulate a 24 month wait after receiving a bonus for the same product. While both happen to mention 24 months they are separate requirements.

Originally Posted by susiesan
... approved for Chase Business Preferred card on Jan. 30. it is now Feb. 10
I think today is February 3rd, not yet the 10th.
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:53 pm

Programs: United
Gotta say im really digging this card. I got it to pay cell phone and landline bills, and all my fedex bills - stuff I was paying already. first month i pulled in 10000 ur points for doing nothing. this month will be 15,000. at this rate i'll have a free vacation every 2 years on this card
Old Feb 3, 2017, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan
I applied for and was approved for Chase Business Preferred card on Jan. 30. it is now Feb. 10 and the card has not come in the mail. Will calling Chase get them to expedite sending ut the card? I have multiple business bills to pay and I wanted to use this new card to get the spend on it. I also am going on vacation out of the country in a few weeks and wanted to take this card to use as it doesn't have a foreign transaction fee.
I got approved on 1/27 and received card on 1/30.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards, Saga Club, KrisFlyer
Hi! I have one of these cards and i'd like to start shopping for airfare awards asap! Does anyone know when the 80k bonus is awarded-- does it kick in as soon as you spend the $5000 or do you have to wait till the 3 months are up?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 8:29 am
mia

Originally Posted by crittermonster
... when the 80k bonus is awarded...
At the end of the statement cycle in which the required spending is achieved, UNLESS the qualifying spend is met within the last few days of the period, in which event the bonus points will post after the next statement is generated.
Old Feb 7, 2017, 9:34 am

Wife approved in branch on Feb 2nd and received card on Feb 6th (requested expedited shipping).
Old Feb 7, 2017, 8:32 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, UA Silver, RR A-List
100k sign-up bonus coming soon for the Chase Ink Preferred, per http://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-...0-ur-soon-ish/
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:35 am

Applied for the Ink preferred business card a week or so ago and received quick approval. There have been posts talking about rejections because lack of estbalished business. I periodically sell stuff on ebay and entered a sole prop application. Did not overstate income earned (sub $1k) and did not have an issue with the application.

Originally Posted by kerrigjl
100k sign-up bonus coming soon for the Chase Ink Preferred, per http://www.doctorofcredit.com/rumor-...0-ur-soon-ish/
Figures I get the 80k bonus and now there's talk about a 100k one. If I make my wife an authorized user on my ink business card, does that improve her chances to land the ink business card in her name in the future?

Originally Posted by svsfan
I got approved on 1/27 and received card on 1/30.
That's pretty fast. It's been abot a week for mine and still no card. They did say over the phone something like 5-7 business days.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, IHG Platinum, Aadvantage Platinum
Applied and am waiting even though it was at a bank branch, I'm a Chase Private Client and just opened a business checking account. I'm borderline depending on how they want to count on 24/5. Not thrilled that they still have me pending after the banker pushed for approval on the phone. I did close my regular Chase Ink a couple of months ago.. but it seems justifiable to switch to the Preferred since it offers different perks, right?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:00 am
mia

Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
...borderline depending on how they want to count ...
Where is the ambiguity?
Old Feb 10, 2017, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by wholelottamiles
Applied and am waiting even though it was at a bank branch, I'm a Chase Private Client and just opened a business checking account. I'm borderline depending on how they want to count on 24/5. Not thrilled that they still have me pending after the banker pushed for approval on the phone. I did close my regular Chase Ink a couple of months ago.. but it seems justifiable to switch to the Preferred since it offers different perks, right?
Opening in branch is NOT the same as being pre-approved in branch?

Also as mia asked - whats the ambiguity?
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:52 am

Programs: United MileagePlus, Rapid Rewards, Saga Club, KrisFlyer
Originally Posted by kerrigjl
Grr! Can those of us who only got 80 call and ask for the extra 20k?
"Heyyyyy i've been using this thing pretty hard and making merchants pay you their sweet sweet moolah for months now, and then some stranger waltzes in and gets 100k for being late to the party? What gives, jack? Am I gonna have to ask you to cash me outside? Howbow dah?!"
Old Feb 14, 2017, 7:05 am
mia

Originally Posted by crittermonster
Grr! Can those of us who only got 80 call and ask for the extra 20k?
A) It's a rumor, not a fact. It would be uncharacteristic for Chase to increase the bonus on a newly launched card, and there isn't any evidence to support this rumor.

B) Chase has a policy on matching new offers. You ask, and they say yes or no based on the amount of time since you applied. There are no other factors considered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.