Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2019, 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Completely new membership, and you will need to create a new Username for prioritypass.com . You may be able to get the virtual card activated before you receive the physical card.
A+ Thanks!
CorgiMom likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2020, 7:53 am

If I downgrade/cancel my CSR, will my PP membership cancel also?

TIA.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by atluu
If I downgrade/cancel my CSR, will my PP membership cancel also?

TIA.
Yes, or even worse, it will still be active and Chase will pass through each $27 entrance fee to your downgraded card.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pallhedge
Yes, or even worse, it will still be active and Chase will pass through each $27 entrance fee to your downgraded card.
That's not necessarily a horrible deal. There are definitely some PP lounges that I would gladly pay $27 to access.

Consider that one-time passes to airline club lounges usually go for $50 or $60, have no hot food (except maybe soup), and charge for decent drinks.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 10:46 pm

is there a limit to how many guests we can bring with ritz carlton priority pass? someone mentioned its unlimited, but I just called JPM executive desk and they said we can only bring two guests....
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sleepy3192
is there a limit to how many guests we can bring with ritz carlton priority pass? someone mentioned its unlimited, but I just called JPM executive desk and they said we can only bring two guests....
I don't know about the Ritz Carlton card but the Sapphire Reserve started unlimited and quite quickly changed to a limit of two free. You can bring more but will be charged for them. The lounge will not know this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 7:47 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by MADPhil
....Sapphire Reserve started unlimited and quite quickly changed to a limit of two free
Chase announced changes for Sapphire Reserve and JPM Reserve, but not for the Ritz Carlton Priority Pass. I think sleepy3192 is asking if Chase has actually changed the policy for Ritz memberships without bothering to notify the cardholders.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Chase announced changes for Sapphire Reserve and JPM Reserve, but not for the Ritz Carlton Priority Pass. I think sleepy3192 is asking if Chase has actually changed the policy for Ritz memberships without bothering to notify the cardholders.
was it always unlimited though? it seems like always a hit/miss for questions related to ritz carlton card when calling JP Morgan....
Old Jan 15, 2020, 5:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by sleepy3192
was it always unlimited though? it seems like always a hit/miss for questions related to ritz carlton card when calling JP Morgan....
Ritz was always unlimited. I have even got it in writing several years ago.

I don't think there was any change, and phone agents are probably not that versed in the intricacies of the Ritz card. As opposed to the clear disclosure on the Reserve side, there is no limitation pointed on the Ritz benefits site (though it miight mean nothing).
Old Jan 21, 2020, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by baroqen
Get the Citi Prestige. It allows for your whole family OR two guests. I use it fine for my wife and two girls.
I asked another poster in a different thread, but perhaps you might know the answer. How does the lounge bill you when you're with immediate family (spouse + 2 kids) compared to you're with "guests"? Do they have a different way of billing for immediate family so that you don't end up paying for the second child (if they bill as 3 guests)?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by nort
I asked another poster in a different thread, but perhaps you might know the answer. How does the lounge bill you when you're with immediate family (spouse + 2 kids) compared to you're with "guests"? Do they have a different way of billing for immediate family so that you don't end up paying for the second child (if they bill as 3 guests)?
This is a GREAT question, and one that I asked as well. The lounge bills you the same way as usual, and you sign for yourself and the number of guests.... They seem to have nothing to do with who those guests actually are and the lounges have always given me a disclaimer that they don't know how any individual's PP works, and I may be charged for the visit and for the guests depending on my provider. So how does it work?

In my experience they have usually also scanned each boarding pass so my guess is that Citi gets this info and perhaps bases it on last names...

However... my wife doesn't share my last name so I was still worried, so I did call Citi to check, and they indicated that if I was ever charged for a guest that was actually a family member, I could just call them and they would clear it up. Fortunately I haven't had an issue in the 2 years since that call even when checking in 4 people (wife and 2 kids) on the card. I just have to make sure I use my Citi PP and not my Chase by accident!
nort likes this.
Old Jan 26, 2020, 3:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold
Originally Posted by baroqen
This is a GREAT question, and one that I asked as well. The lounge bills you the same way as usual, and you sign for yourself and the number of guests.... They seem to have nothing to do with who those guests actually are and the lounges have always given me a disclaimer that they don't know how any individual's PP works, and I may be charged for the visit and for the guests depending on my provider. So how does it work?

In my experience they have usually also scanned each boarding pass so my guess is that Citi gets this info and perhaps bases it on last names...

However... my wife doesn't share my last name so I was still worried, so I did call Citi to check, and they indicated that if I was ever charged for a guest that was actually a family member, I could just call them and they would clear it up. Fortunately I haven't had an issue in the 2 years since that call even when checking in 4 people (wife and 2 kids) on the card. I just have to make sure I use my Citi PP and not my Chase by accident!
This is very informative. Thank you!
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
The Priority Pass card that I got from a CSR that I don't have anymore has an expiration date of 2022. Can I still use it?
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by vanillabean
The Priority Pass card that I got from a CSR that I don't have anymore has an expiration date of 2022. Can I still use it?
Nope.

Regards
Old Oct 21, 2020, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by vanillabean
When Chase shut me down in April 2017 I was able to use My PP until Feb 2018. One day it just didn't work, but I was able to use my PP from my Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.