Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus (Premier Gold); Hilton HHonors (Gold); Chase Ultimate Rewards; Amex Plat
Originally Posted by tmiw
They're betting on people forgetting to do so, meaning that Chase doesn't have to pay as much to PP as they would otherwise.
This is not unique to Chase. Of the "big 3" cards that offer Priority Pass Select (Amex Platinum, Citi Prestige, and CSR), only the Prestige automatically sends PP cards to all holders. On the other two, you have to enroll separately.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:24 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by tmiw
They're betting on people forgetting to do so, meaning that Chase doesn't have to pay as much to PP as they would otherwise.
It's not just about forgetting. This is a duplicate benefit which many (most?) Reserve cardholders already have from another issuer. We do not need, and would not use, another Priority Pass membership.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:01 am

Amex Surpass also send the PP card automatically.
At least they sent one to me!
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:59 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
just another data point. Still have not received PP card. Today I received my GE card in the mail. Which means that I have applied, been approved, interviewed and now received by Global Entry card BEFORE I have received my PP card even though I activated my PP membership first.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:18 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ck8
just another data point. Still have not received PP card. Today I received my GE card in the mail. Which means that I have applied, been approved, interviewed and now received by Global Entry card BEFORE I have received my PP card even though I activated my PP membership first.
I think that indicates that there's not a surge of thousands of people all requesting GE at the same time. We know that Chase have been overwhelmed by the response to the CSR, and it certainly seems that the same has happened to PP.

I don't think there's anything you can honestly do but be patient. I wish that was more helpful, but it's what I perceive as the only option.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by chrisgwins
I did that as soon as I could. So tomorrow I'm at 3 weeks after hitting Activate online.
Update: got my PP card in the mail yesterday. So it took 3 weeks and a day since activating online.

As for my AU: her card did not come in the same envelope, so we are waiting for that. Called Chase as she has a flight today..with 4 guests and wanted to use the PP benefit (pretty much the only use for shelling out $75 for the AU). Chase rep told me she should use my card. We'll see how that works out for her. Truthfully, her group doesn't really need free booze before a flight, so I'm not too bent out of shape if she is denied access.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA
How is PP card being shipped? UPS/Fedex/USPS?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by daKav
How is PP card being shipped? UPS/Fedex/USPS?
Mine came snail mail USPS.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 7:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, WN A-List
Got mine today. About 10-15 days after I activated it.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 8:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Did you guys get any kind of notification or confirmation when you activated?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by wco81
Hmm, I never got any kind of notification.
Getting nervous? I never received notification either and the card arrived ~20 days after activation.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Formerly Starbucks Gold
Activating through Chase UR, no. Once I got my actual card and activated it through the site, then yes.
Old Sep 16, 2016, 9:58 pm

Does the authorized user get a separate Priority Pass card to use by themselves ?

My SO and myself will be taking slightly different itineraries later this year. We'll be together for 2 flights, but not together for 2 other flights.

I know the PP membership covers guest if the primary card holder is traveling - but what if he/she is not ?
Old Sep 16, 2016, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by madbrain
Does the authorized user get a separate Priority Pass card to use by themselves ?

My SO and myself will be taking slightly different itineraries later this year. We'll be together for 2 flights, but not together for 2 other flights.

I know the PP membership covers guest if the primary card holder is traveling - but what if he/she is not ?
Yes, each authorized user will get their own separate card. We got ours last Saturday.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by JMWEEZ
Yes, each authorized user will get their own separate card. We got ours last Saturday.
OK. Maybe that is why they charge $75 for the authorized user, then. Haven't added my SO to the CSR yet, but maybe it's worth it. All the airports for all our upcoming flights have PP lounges available, except at CDG - I will be flying to/from terminal 2E.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.