Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 14, 2016, 8:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: OverThereTooMuch
Basic Entry Information:
If you have never used a Priority Pass lounge click HERE to read how it works.

philemer's PP card arrived 20 days following approval of CSR. Others have reported an even quicker delivery. Yes, it comes via USPS.
Authorized User will receive their own PP card.

The PP Select membership offered through the CSR now includes digital pass access. Sign up in advance here: https://www.prioritypass.com/chasedmc
Note: Some lounges may not accept the digital pass. Make sure to check the PP lounge directory details for the specific lounge you plan on visiting.

To sign up for Priority Pass Select, as soon as the account shows up online:
1. Click on Go To Ultimate Rewards.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom left and click on "Card Benefits"
3. Activate Membership to request card.
4. Card can't be expedited. Some members have reported success in charging the lounge access to their CSR account and requesting a refund from Customer Service. However, others have reported that the lounge access was refunded via the travel credit.

Priority Pass website: https://www.prioritypass.com/#

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass value: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...rth-money.html

Here are some other links where you can discuss other bank perks, since PP does not have a definitive home in the FT forums:

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via American Express Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...s-benefit.html

Ongoing FT discussion about Priority Pass benefits offered via CitiBank Credit Cards: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...=priority+pass

Entry denied thread (housed in the Citi forum): http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/citi-...unge-full.html

Entry denied thread, Alaska Board Room lounges. (housed in the Alaska Airlines forum) http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...l#post28524751

Non-Lounge Benefits (see post 853 for details)
  • US$28 towards restaurant bill (DEN, LGW, PDX, SYD)
  • Minute Suites (ATL, DFW, PHL)
  • Sleep ’N Fly Pods (DXB)
  • Bliss Spa/Aspire Lounge & Spa (LHR)
  • 30% at IHG Hotels by logging in through the Priority Pass membership portal
  • AVIS Preferred Plus
Print Wikipost

Chase Priority Pass memberships (2016 - 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:51 am

Report from a poster over at slickdeals regarding guest access:

Used it this AM and brought along 2 guests. They did not ask for a credit card, and no charges have posted on my CSR. Priority Pass could not verify that charges won't apply, but Chase rep says that as long as lounge allows guests they should be free. She also said that if fees were to apply, they would post same day, and so far so good. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 12:36 pm

I activated my Priority Pass on 8/22 and have yet to receive my card in the mail. Is there anybody else in a similar situation or has everyone who activated on or before 8/22 received their card already?
Old Sep 11, 2016, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, UA Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by paj1
I activated my Priority Pass on 8/22 and have yet to receive my card in the mail. Is there anybody else in a similar situation or has everyone who activated on or before 8/22 received their card already?
I activated on 8/22 around 9AM eastern time. Received mine Friday. I'd guess you receive yours in the next day or two, unless you live in a remote area or overseas.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Ratamacue
Report from a poster over at slickdeals regarding guest access:
Meh. Sounds like a DP from somebody who has never used Priority Pass before the CSR. They never ask to see the credit card and the lounge has no clue what your guest allowance is or necessarily what the charge is for guests. They swipe the card, enter the number of people entering on the card, and any charges are handled by Priority Pass itself not the lounge. Maybe I'm paranoid but I always request my copy of the receipt and keep it to verify I'm not charged for anything I shouldn't be.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:25 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Diplomatico
Reading some of the posts on that thread at slickdeals.net is enlightening.
^ Indeed. It takes Priority Pass more than 1 business day to process visits. Looking at my account history for my Citi Prestige issued Priority Pass, for my visits over the past year, the average time to process was four days.

(Unfortunately, it sounds like the Chase issued Priority Pass does not have online account access? In which case people won't be able to log in and see the exact details of their visit, including whether or not there was a charge for the guests.)
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by dw
^ Indeed. It takes Priority Pass more than 1 business day to process visits. Looking at my account history for my Citi Prestige issued Priority Pass, for my visits over the past year, the average time to process was four days.

(Unfortunately, it sounds like the Chase issued Priority Pass does not have online account access? In which case people won't be able to log in and see the exact details of their visit, including whether or not there was a charge for the guests.)
you can still create an account online (and log in using the app)

but you don't get the digital card, dont think I can see any historical use (haven't used my access yet)
(so the digital acount is basically pointless)
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by KRSW
I'm partially wondering if Chase knew this would happen, hence the need to activate PriorityPass separately. I do find it interesting that Citi's Prestige sends out PriorityPass immediately and Chase & Amex Plat does it by request only.

That's the smarter way of doing it. Why spend the money to get you there priority pass if you don't want it?

Just like mail in rebates vs instant rebate. I'll give it to you if you really want it. Keeps revenue higher.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
What's the delivery time averaging for the PP card after registering for PP on the Chase website? I know the CSR website says to allow 1-2 weeks, but I'm curious about the turnaround time folks are actually experiencing.

-FlyerBeek
Going by some of the posts in this thread, it's running at least 2 weeks. Even though only a fraction of CSR applicants manage to find the magic Priority Pass Activate button, I'd imagine this is quite a heavy load for Priority Pass as well.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:58 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by KRSW
Going by some of the posts in this thread, it's running at least 2 weeks. Even though only a fraction of CSR applicants manage to find the magic Priority Pass Activate button, I'd imagine this is quite a heavy load for Priority Pass as well.
Thanks. I'm currently sitting at 1 week since activating the PP membership. Not really a big deal for now since I've already got PP from two other cards, but it would be nice to have guesting privileges.

-FlyerBeek
Old Sep 13, 2016, 10:05 am
Suspended

It took me about 2 weeks to receive my Priority Pass Card.

Originally Posted by chrisgwins
I'll be at 3 weeks tomorrow and no PP card yet. Sucks as my wife (AU) is traveling on thursday with friends and would love to use the lounge access. Not sure I trust that Chase will refund fees for AU and four guests.

Did you go to chase.com/reserve and hit "Activate" for Priority Pass?

Last edited by philemer; Sep 14, 2016 at 8:58 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by cslovacek
Did you go to chase.com/reserve and hit "Activate" for Priority Pass?
I did that as soon as I could. So tomorrow I'm at 3 weeks after hitting Activate online.

Last edited by chrisgwins; Sep 13, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:12 pm

We applied for CSR the day it came out, were approved, got the card and immediately applied for the priority pass. It came a few weeks later and we have already flown and used the lounge. It was super easy and they let 4 of us in on my husbands card. We were in ATL and they just asked to scan our boarding passes. No issues and no charges for the extra people (2 of whom were children ages 14, 17) appeared on the card.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 5:43 am

Still a bit confused as to the Priority Pass/Lounge access benefits of the CSR. The PP website alludes to it being a pay-per-use-per-person service. However, several posts in this forum mention that Lounge access is free for CSR cardholders. And for guests too?

So do the primary cardholder and authorized user both get free lounge access? How about guests of the primary/ AU who are not CSR cardholders?
Old Sep 14, 2016, 6:48 am

Programs: WN A-List Pref, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by bosboy73
Still a bit confused as to the Priority Pass/Lounge access benefits of the CSR. The PP website alludes to it being a pay-per-use-per-person service. However, several posts in this forum mention that Lounge access is free for CSR cardholders. And for guests too?

So do the primary cardholder and authorized user both get free lounge access? How about guests of the primary/ AU who are not CSR cardholders?
Again, this has been covered:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChaseSupp...84287261245440

We really need to note this in the wiki...
Old Sep 14, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: UA GS slavery, *A Gold, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
It's been about 2.5 weeks since I signed up for Priority Pass on Ultimate Rewards portal. Still haven't received the card. I DMed ChaseSupport and PriorityPass on twitter. Each giving me a runaround on status. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited by twkidM3; Sep 14, 2016 at 2:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.