Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2020, 10:12 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...31-max-5k.html
Old May 1, 2020, 8:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Right now Amex is allowing their premium cardholders like the hilton aspire to use it on restaurants and Marriott $300 on restaurants too, I wonder if Chase Ritz will do the same
LF72 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 11:22 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by danbnash
My 3 club upgrades were set to expire in Oct. 2020 and were also bumped to 1/31/21. I think that's a pretty weak extension, but it would be hard to use them all since I will pick up 3 more in October.
If you cancel the card, does that make the club upgrade certs void?
Old May 3, 2020, 3:46 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by beachfan
If you cancel the card, does that make the club upgrade certs void?
Yes. The Club Upgrade certs don't behave like free night certs do. Not only will they (almost) immediately disappear, you should expect a status clawback shortly after.
Old May 4, 2020, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by happyvoid
Right now Amex is allowing their premium cardholders like the hilton aspire to use it on restaurants and Marriott $300 on restaurants too, I wonder if Chase Ritz will do the same
On the other side, Chase is giving $100 to CSR and JPMR cardholders. Seems like they have to throw us some bone?
Old May 4, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: *A
Originally Posted by rrgg
On the other side, Chase is giving $100 to CSR and JPMR cardholders. Seems like they have to throw us some bone?
CSR AF went up $100. JPMR are high value clients (in general).
msp3 likes this.
Old May 4, 2020, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by sds1493
CSR AF went up $100. JPMR are high value clients (in general).
You failed to mention that CSR customers got additional benefits with the $100 annual fee increase, namely free DashPass, $60 Door Dash credit, free Lyft Pink.

Chase kept this annual fee flat, but took away valuable benefits in terms of the $100 credit toward roundtrip airfare purchase.
Old May 4, 2020, 1:12 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by volkswankin
Chase kept this annual fee flat, but took away valuable benefits....
This is typical for discontinued cards.
LF72 likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:03 am

Chase kept this annual fee flat, but took away valuable benefits in terms of the $100 credit toward roundtrip airfare purchase.
Visa Infinite discontinued that benefit, not Chase.
krazykanuck likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 7:45 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

You failed to mention that CSR customers got additional benefits with the $100 annual fee increase, namely free DashPass, $60 Door Dash credit, free Lyft Pink.

It does not matter what benefits they add or remove. Do the math. If you start from scratch, which card adds the most value to YOU within your CC portfolio.

To me, RC adds far more value than CSR. Chase follows AmEx with adding all the junk benefits and higher AF. But I do not want to be led by Chase and change my lifestyle just to use some of those "benefits".
progapanda likes this.
Old May 5, 2020, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
It does not matter what benefits they add or remove. Do the math. If you start from scratch, which card adds the most value to YOU within your CC portfolio.

To me, RC adds far more value than CSR. Chase follows AmEx with adding all the junk benefits and higher AF. But I do not want to be led by Chase and change my lifestyle just to use some of those "benefits".
I prefer my RC over my CSR too, but if I can't use the $300 nor the lounge access, it won't be worth it. However, if I was forced to go a year without the benefits, I would as I don't want to risk not being able to get the card again.
Old May 6, 2020, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by RedSun

Originally Posted by LF72
I prefer my RC over my CSR too, but if I can't use the $300 nor the lounge access, it won't be worth it. However, if I was forced to go a year without the benefits, I would as I don't want to risk not being able to get the card again.
Why do you guys prefer RC over CSR besides the lower AF?
Old May 6, 2020, 7:45 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by lsquare
RC: executive phone line, much better than CSR and general Chase service. $450 AF for $300 and $150 for a free night for 50,000 points. Best Priority Pass access. And more.

CSR: $300 general travel. Goof if you use food delivery and ride share. So $250 for all the "benefits" and the ability to transfer to partners. A lot of competitors like CSP, CIP, AmEx Gold, AmEx Plat etc.
cuthroat likes this.
Old May 6, 2020, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Priority Pass benefits and unlimited AUs. Was without a CSR for a year or so, and didn't miss it. Actually gonna downgrade it next month for another few months.
Old May 6, 2020, 1:19 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Originally Posted by LF72
Priority Pass benefits and unlimited AUs. Was without a CSR for a year or so, and didn't miss it. Actually gonna downgrade it next month for another few months.
what do you downgrade the RC to? Are you certain you can upgrade it back to the RC?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.