Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2020, 12:39 am
MTY

I called a month ago and got a 60k cert extended by 1 year for the 2nd time. The 50k cert that was automatic but the 60k cert required someone to manually do it (first try--lucky i guess). I would try again.

PS - I also was able to get a $150 statement credit last week.
Old Jun 5, 2020, 10:12 am

Programs: UA,AA,SPG
Originally Posted by MTY
I called a month ago and got a 60k cert extended by 1 year for the 2nd time. The 50k cert that was automatic but the 60k cert required someone to manually do it (first try--lucky i guess). I would try again.

PS - I also was able to get a $150 statement credit last week.
No luck for me. I tried Twitter and phone, but Marriott is not budging. So what options do I have? Do I let the certificates lapse just like that?
Old Jun 5, 2020, 2:02 pm

Any rumblings about relaxing the requirements for the $300 travel credit a la Hilton Aspire and others?
I know we have an orphan card, but it seems like all other lux cards are doing this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:12 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Have you tried calling
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:17 am

Just tried calling to discuss the high AF with no benefits. I talked to three reps, none of which knew the Ritz card and had to go searching for documentation.

My AF posted in March, I called shortly thereafter, and was told “sorry, nothing available.” My call this afternoon was equally unsuccessful, I was offered to downgrade to the free Marriott Bold, or the $95 Marriott Boundless. When I brought up the Sapphire credits towards groceries, restaurants, etc. the agents went into marketing mode, and confirmed the credits, but said there was nothing in their product notes for the Ritz card.

I think the card has been forgotten, and is a (very small) profit center for Chase without many cardholders left. I really do see value in the card, and I’m reluctant to downgrade, since the unlimited PP, $300 and free night make this card practically “free”, when they are useable. I’m afraid that if I downgrade, the card will be killed, and won’t be allowed to back, when travel is finally possible.

In the meantime, I’ll hold out and hope that something changes in the next few months to redeem the credit at restaurants or the like. In the worse case, before the end of the year I’ll buy airline gift cards with with card, and hope that the airlines don’t go out of business before I can use them :-/

Last edited by radioactive; Jun 6, 2020 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 6, 2020, 9:53 am

FM made the point that it’s best if Chase forgets they have this product so nothing changes. I’m fine with nothing being offered (other than the temporary bonus categories).
Old Jun 6, 2020, 11:35 am

Programs: *A
Perhaps the lurkers can extend the certs? I'm in a similar position, although I think my 60k certs have been extended twice already. At the very least they should be extended until '21, like all the others.
I agree with others that this card is such a small percentage of CC customers that it isn't worth Chase making special rules. As it is, with unlimited PP visits / AU's and access to Chase exec line, this card is a keeper.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 12:57 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by radioactive
I think the card has been forgotten
No, but it is discontinued. Chase will be unable to make changes without Marriott's consent. Typically discontinued products are allowed to wither until attrition reduces the number of cardholders to a level where someone decides it is time for a forced migration to a different product.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by danbnash
Any rumblings about relaxing the requirements for the $300 travel credit a la Hilton Aspire and others?
I know we have an orphan card, but it seems like all other lux cards are doing this.
I inquired via secure message and here is the response:

Currently we are not adding any categories to be used towards the $300 annual travel credit. If there is any such upcoming offer, we'll send you a notification. You receive $300.00 statement credit for travel incidentals per calendar year (January 1 through December 31).
danbnash likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2020, 6:32 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Best remaining feature of this card for me - customer service during the pandemic.

Found out my CSP was closed by them Friday night (I had started to the closure discussion but then said I wanted to reconsider (no retention offer by the way). Tried that number a few times, their system that routes to what I think are home based employees (temporarily) was faulty - I could hear but not be heard, or just couldn't get throught.

These folks answered and fix my problems in less than four minutes.
alvinroast likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
Best remaining feature of this card for me - customer service during the pandemic.

Found out my CSP was closed by them Friday night (I had started to the closure discussion but then said I wanted to reconsider (no retention offer by the way). Tried that number a few times, their system that routes to what I think are home based employees (temporarily) was faulty - I could hear but not be heard, or just couldn't get throught.

These folks answered and fix my problems in less than four minutes.
Agreed. Whenever I have a reason to call Chase, the # on my Ritz card always goes to the Chase Executive line and those guys can handle everything and service any card, better than even than my Sapphire Reserve.
LF72 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Agreed. Whenever I have a reason to call Chase, the # on my Ritz card always goes to the Chase Executive line and those guys can handle everything and service any card, better than even than my Sapphire Reserve.
Yeah that # is the best, and agreed better than the CSR.

I wish they'd extend the $300 as Hilton/Amex has for their cards. Hyatt has done some great things, but since my cert dropped in 1/20, they aren't extending it past the 1/21 deadline, which will be hard to use. Anyone with a cert expiring in 2020 gets a whole extra year which was nice of them, just doesn't help me. Worst case I have to eat some travel credit this year, oh well.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 10:14 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott Platinum, Hertz President's Circle, Avis President's Club
Could anyone help me with understanding how I might see things unfold in this situation?

I have been holding onto the original Marriott Premier card (not the new Bonvoy version, the one with the 1 night/$3k spend) since before the transition. My annual fee date is ~7/1, and my 25k certificate just dropped into my account 2 days ago. I have been eyeing the Ritz card here for a while, and so I am considering doing a product change as I start to plan out future travel after the current pandemic situation calms down, etc. If I were to product change to the Ritz card now, before my annual fee on the existing MR card but after the certificate drops, what happens?
  • Do I get to keep the 25k cert?
  • Does the date of the product change become my new anniversary date, or does it renew at the time of my original anniversary ~7/1?
  • Also what happens with regards to the 50k cert for the Ritz card, do I get that now, after 7/1 or have to wait a whole year from now?
Old Jun 10, 2020, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by aphoward13
Could anyone help me with understanding how I might see things unfold in this situation?

I have been holding onto the original Marriott Premier card (not the new Bonvoy version, the one with the 1 night/$3k spend) since before the transition. My annual fee date is ~7/1, and my 25k certificate just dropped into my account 2 days ago. I have been eyeing the Ritz card here for a while, and so I am considering doing a product change as I start to plan out future travel after the current pandemic situation calms down, etc. If I were to product change to the Ritz card now, before my annual fee on the existing MR card but after the certificate drops, what happens?
  • Do I get to keep the 25k cert?
  • Does the date of the product change become my new anniversary date, or does it renew at the time of my original anniversary ~7/1?
  • Also what happens with regards to the 50k cert for the Ritz card, do I get that now, after 7/1 or have to wait a whole year from now.
I had a similar situation, so I'll share my experience. I originally had the $85 Chase Marriott card with the 25000 point certificate. Prior to my one year anniversary date, I was offered 10,000 Marriott points if I upgraded my card to the newer $95 Marriott card that comes with a 35,000 after the first year anniversary. After I had held the card for just over 1 year, I called to product change to the Ritz card. 5-7 days before my call, I received a 35,000 point free night certificate.

If you upgrade to the Ritz card:

1. Your account anniversary date will stay the same and you will keep the 25,000 certificate.
2. You will not receive another free night certificate until your next anniversary, but it will be for 50,000 points.
3. You will have access to the $300 travel credit immediately and again on January 1, 2021, so you should still have plenty of time to utilize the 2020 credit.
4. Not sure about the situation with the annual fee. If I recall correctly, my annual fee had already posted for $95 before I made the change to the Ritz card. I don't believe I was charged any prorated fee after the product change and didn't get charged another annual fee until after my next anniversary.
Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone tried asking if Chase would allow the travel credit to be used on anything else?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.