Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2020, 11:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by krazieman
Has anyone tried asking if Chase would allow the travel credit to be used on anything else?
Yes, and the answer was No: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32435224-post3564.html
krazieman likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:24 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, CC Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by sds1493
Perhaps the lurkers can extend the certs? I'm in a similar position, although I think my 60k certs have been extended twice already. At the very least they should be extended until '21, like all the others.
I agree with others that this card is such a small percentage of CC customers that it isn't worth Chase making special rules. As it is, with unlimited PP visits / AU's and access to Chase exec line, this card is a keeper.
FYI, just be careful if you call Bonvoy. A rep tried to change date on one of my certificates only to find out after cancelling it that it was not renewable. Escalated to supervisor which was no help. Was on the phone for over an hour by this point. Gave up, may try to call again in AM. Moral of the story, make sure they can extend before they cancel original award.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by AdeAhmed
i did indeed mean August 2019

got the card in August 2018 - paid first annual fee (which posted September 2018) - in August 2019 reduced CL and the AF was refunded - sitting in a credit balance now so waiting to see what happens with 2nd year AF

I got $600 in travel credit (once in 2018 and again in early 2019 back when it was based on once in calendar year) - so if the 2nd AF does post, since the certificate has posted on my marriott account, I wonder whether I should keep it or not

IF 2nd AF does not post, then easy decision
blast from the past update...i ended up getting my 2018 annual fee refunded in 2019 via the credit limit trick..an annual fee did not post for 2019 and im at renewal in august...so lets see with year 3

im going to claim by 2020 travel credit now, im in canada so typically used air canada gift cards which show as buy a tab...from the reading ive done this my last post, no data points on whether air canada gift cards still work...any new dps on that?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 10:53 pm

Anybody else seeing delays in RC points posting?
Old Jun 29, 2020, 11:19 pm

New to the card and did a search. Are folks using the card to purchase airline tickets for the trip delay insurance?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 2:32 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by LF72
.....trip delay insurance?
Discussion here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chas...y-benefit.html
LF72 likes this.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 5:30 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
2 more months then I can add a Bonvoy card just to sit on and PC
Old Jul 1, 2020, 8:55 am

I am trying to gauge if the card is worth it currently. I did use the infinite visa portal for tickets and last year I had Platinum Elite at Marriott that was worth it. With the discontinuation of infinite portal and downgrade to Gold elite not sure there is much value there. The $300 credit is not as easy to use as the CSR.
I think we still get the 50k points night, am I missing something? My renewal is coming up soon.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by Ali380
I am trying to gauge if the card is worth it currently. I did use the infinite visa portal for tickets and last year I had Platinum Elite at Marriott that was worth it. With the discontinuation of infinite portal and downgrade to Gold elite not sure there is much value there. The $300 credit is not as easy to use as the CSR.
I think we still get the 50k points night, am I missing something? My renewal is coming up soon.
I have been eyeing this card for some time; I don't have it nor do I have any Chase Marriott cards to be able to product change to it. I have the Marriott Bonvoy from AMEX (old SPG); it is one of my oldest cards (20+ years). Based on Chase terms, it looks like I am eligible for the card but not eligible bonus. As I understand it, Chase don't approve a card unless one is eligible for the bonus.

In terms of benefits for this card, I think it is great. After the $300 credit, the annual fee is $150. That basically is the cost for the 50K night cert. In addition, I love the following benefits:
- primary car rental insurance (CDW) for both primary and AUs
- Priority Pass (with restaurants) with unlimited guests
- Free AUs

With this card, it can (and will) replace my CSR.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by robchow
As I understand it, Chase don't approve a card unless one is eligible for the bonus.
This is true of many, but not all, Chase cards. You can be approved for Chase Marriott cards even if you are not eligible for the welcome bonus.
mia and robchow like this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:45 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
I have been eyeing this card for some time; I don't have it nor do I have any Chase Marriott cards to be able to product change to it. I have the Marriott Bonvoy from AMEX (old SPG); it is one of my oldest cards (20+ years). Based on Chase terms, it looks like I am eligible for the card but not eligible bonus. As I understand it, Chase don't approve a card unless one is eligible for the bonus.

In terms of benefits for this card, I think it is great. After the $300 credit, the annual fee is $150. That basically is the cost for the 50K night cert. In addition, I love the following benefits:
- primary car rental insurance (CDW) for both primary and AUs
- Priority Pass (with restaurants) with unlimited guests
- Free AUs

I have been debating about this card myself. If one can use the $300 with minimal fuss, it's almost a no-brainer.

LAX
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:35 pm

That's what I just did.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 12:41 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by LAX
I have been debating about this card myself. If one can use the $300 with minimal fuss, it's almost a no-brainer.

LAX
but even if it’s your only card, seems hard to use the credit if you get free seat assugments and luggage due to elite airline status.
Old Jul 4, 2020, 5:35 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I use it for paid cabin upgrades.
WrightHI and Werty7777 like this.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 5:38 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by beachfan
but even if it’s your only card, seems hard to use the credit if you get free seat assugments and luggage due to elite airline status.
That's why I have been debating. I tend to get free baggage on most flights even though it appears I will likely have to start shelling out for seat assignments. I am the frugal type, so I usually don't pay cash for upgrades.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.