Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2020, 10:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Can we stack Suite Night Awards with Club Level Upgrade Certificates?
Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2020, 12:22 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dagangwood
Can we stack Suite Night Awards with Club Level Upgrade Certificates?
Thanks
SNAs don’t work at RC properties.
dagangwood likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG SA
Originally Posted by nexusCFX
SNAs don’t work at RC properties.
Good to know..
Old Apr 25, 2020, 3:53 pm

Any experience whether Chase reverses the travel credit when you have an airline incidental refunded by the airline? Paid for a $200 F upgrade on delta and had it reimbursed by chase using my credit. Cancelled flight and getting a refund. What will happen now? If Chase reverses the credit can I reuse it later?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by lkar
Any experience whether Chase reverses the travel credit when you have an airline incidental refunded by the airline? Paid for a $200 F upgrade on delta and had it reimbursed by chase using my credit. Cancelled flight and getting a refund. What will happen now? If Chase reverses the credit can I reuse it later?
Have not had this happen, but given that these incidentals have to be manually processed, I wouldn't be too concerned, personally.
Old Apr 25, 2020, 6:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

given very limited ability to travel are agents more receptive to reimbursing GC?
Old Apr 25, 2020, 7:41 pm

Programs: AC 25K, AS MVP Gold, BA Bronze, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lkar
They don't.
lkar likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
Anyone tried getting reinbursed by chase for uber transactions since travel is difficult now?
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:19 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Does anyone have experience cancelling a Delta flight that was booked through the Visa Infinite Air Discount website?

I'd love to get a refund by contacting Delta; but, I suspect I have to call 877-408-5537 and try. Travel isn't for 30 days.

Delta has issued massive schedule and routing changes.
With AA I tweeted them, then DM’ed the PNR. I explained the travel agency is no longer around. AA took back control of the ticket. It was easy. Hopefully delta will work with you.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 10:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by airb330
With AA I tweeted them, then DM’ed the PNR. I explained the travel agency is no longer around. AA took back control of the ticket. It was easy. Hopefully delta will work with you.
Sadly, when I told Delta the same thing, they said they would issue the refund to the OTA regardless (but, they did confirm my trips qualified for cancellation and refund). So, I called the JPM Concierge who tracked down a note that I have to email CheapAir at [email protected].

Unfortunately, I'm not feeling too positive about my requests for cancellation given the automatic reply they provided:

Cheapair Support

to me

Tue, Apr 21, 12:42 PM (6 days ago)

Thank you for your email. Because of the situation we're all going through, our support team has been inundated with requests and frankly we're not able to keep up. We normally aim to respond to emails within an hour but we're nowhere near that now. For that, we're really sorry. To make sure we get to everyone, we are prioritizing requests for March travel first, then April, then the rest of the year. This is a difficult time and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

Please be sure to include your 10-digit booking number with your travel request. Example: 1960752962 or 2021993618.

If you have an 8 digit booking number that looks like this Booking 65271937. You have booked with CheapOair and have to reach out to them. Here is the web page they are providing for support. https://www.cheapoair.com/flights/coronavirus-alert

While you wait to hear back from us, feel free to read this blog post which provides some general information on canceling flights due to the coronavirus.

https://www.cheapair.com/blog/what-t...irus-covid-19/
Old Apr 28, 2020, 2:23 pm

ways to use travel credit

My annual fee is coming up but I think I'm going to cancel because I just can't justify keeping the card with no travel on my horizon and a $450 fee. I feel bad because I thought I would have this card for awhile as it has great perks, but the fee is just too high to end up with a free night for the next year.

My question is, how do I use the travel credit for the year before cancelling? I'm not flying or doing any sort of travel for the foreseeable future and I know gift cards won't work so any ideas would be appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by dez3b
My annual fee is coming up but I think I'm going to cancel because I just can't justify keeping the card with no travel on my horizon and a $450 fee. I feel bad because I thought I would have this card for awhile as it has great perks, but the fee is just too high to end up with a free night for the next year.

My question is, how do I use the travel credit for the year before cancelling? I'm not flying or doing any sort of travel for the foreseeable future and I know gift cards won't work so any ideas would be appreciated.
maybe theyll give you a retention offer?
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by dez3b

You could buy a ticket for regular coach on any airline, though I use Southwest or Delta. Wait a couple days for the charge to post and then upgrade the ticket to Business Class. Call Chase and tell them that the $300 credit should be applied to the Business Class upgrade charge. This is a valid use for the credit. Then you should be able to turn the ticket into a travel voucher with the airline and have it available to use in 2021 when travel is hopefully back to semi-normal.
dagangwood and Nagasaki Joe like this.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:23 am

Location: EWR Ionosphere Club, LAX Clipper Club, Still Traveling Global, yearly BIS miles
Programs: EAL Silver Wings, I-Club, Flying Colonels DL, WorldPass PLat from the olde Meatball and PE SMARTbank
Any news about the supermarket 6xs with this card?
Old May 1, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
I received an email from Chase this morning stating that the 6x on groceries applies to the Ritz card as well.

You will earn a total of 6 points for each $1 spent on up to $5,000 in total purchases made in the grocery store category from 5/1/20 to 7/31/20. For Marriott Bonvoy Boundless™, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier Plus Business, and The Ritz- Carlton™ Credit Cardmembers that's 4 points on top of the 2 points you already earn on grocery purchases with your card. For Marriott Bonvoy Bold™, Marriott Bonvoy™, Marriott Bonvoy™ Premier, and Marriott Bonvoy Business™ Credit Cardmembers that's 5 points on top of the 1 point you already earn on grocery purchases with your card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.