Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 11, 2016, 1:33 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
Ritz-Carlton Rewards Visa Infinite (closed to new applications)

All card offers are dead as of 7/26/18.

Information still available on the Chase SITE.

The previous version of this card was discussed HERE.

(Expired) New Card Bonus ($4,000 spending): Two free night certificates good at any Ritz Carlton (Marriott) properties up to 60,000 points (possible to book any SPG properties later)
(old: at any tier 1-4 Ritz Carlton Hotel after $4k spend).
current offer (dead): https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/rit...n/naepredirect
  • Annual fee of $450 NOT waived.
  • 6 points per dollar at Marriott properties, including SPGs and Ritz-Carltons. (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • 3 points per dollar at restaurants, car rental companies and airline tickets purchased directly from airlines
  • 2 points per dollar on all other purchases (same as all Chase & AmEx Marriott cards)
  • Annual (anniversary) free night award good at any Marriott (including Ritz) property up to 50,000 MRs.
  • Automatic Marriott Gold Status.
  • Marriott Platinum Status after $75,000 card spending in a card-member year.
  • $100 companion airfare discount booked through Visa Infinite website.
  • $100 statement credit for Global Entry after the Global Entry program application fee is charged to an eligible card.
  • $300 Annual (calendar) Travel Credit "Only the following types of non-ticket purchases qualify for this offer: airline lounge day pass, or towards a yearly lounge membership of your choice; airline seat upgrades; airline baggage fees; in-flight Internet/entertainment; in-flight meals."
  • Three (3) Ritz Carlton Club Level upgrade certificates each year for up to 7 nights each stay. The stays must be paid stays, excluding point redemption and award night.
  • Troon Rewards and PRIVÉ ACCESS golf benefits
  • $100 credit for qualifying dining, spa or other hotel recreational activities. Use the credit with any paid stay at The Ritz-Carlton of two nights or more OR get a $100 hotel credit per stay at all Marriott luxury properties. Advance reservations are required. Valid only on non-discounted rates. Cannot be combined with any packages, discounts, negotiated corporate or group rates or point-redemption bookings.

Things qualifying/not qualifying under $300 annual travel credit
one member wrote: AA is now showing gift cards as "giftcard" rather than general purchase if the csr looks closely. Last year it worked for me, yesterday it did not and csr told me that's why. However, later the same day I also requested the credit by Secure Message (for "baggage fees) and it was approved. Very YMMV now but still doable. 2/10/2017

Southwest Airlines GCs work fairly easily. I've generally bought them for $150 and said they're excess baggage fees.

Frequent Miler has a collection of data points of what has worked in the past. Link

Print Wikipost

Ritz-Carlton Visa Infinite - closed for applications 7.26.2018 (2016-2021)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by RedSun
That is for 2019 only.

There is a big difference between Gold and Platinum, room upgrade, free breakfast or club lounge.

Not sure who is going to put on $75k spending on this card just to get a few free breakfast. We can't even travel.
I started towards the $75k in the beginning of the year. I had way too much Chase UR, AMEX MR, and Citi Thank You that I wasn't using. Figured, even with the crappy value, might as well pay biz bills with it. Got up to $65k in Mid Feb when sh*t hit the fan. So now I'm like, do I really want Marriott Plat?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by krazieman
I started towards the $75k in the beginning of the year. I had way too much Chase UR, AMEX MR, and Citi Thank You that I wasn't using. Figured, even with the crappy value, might as well pay biz bills with it. Got up to $65k in Mid Feb when sh*t hit the fan. So now I'm like, do I really want Marriott Plat?
You're only $10k away...
cuthroat likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:18 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by krazieman
Do some math. How many days you'll stay at Marriott hotel with club lounge or have free breakfast. And what the total value of those perks. Then calculate the marginal value you lose by charging on this card. If the benefit is $200 and you lose $300 on the point difference, then it is not worth it.

Chase is also sensitive with card charges. Since you've charge so much to the card just in a couple of months, Chase may think you MS or put on business spending on personal card....
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Do some math. How many days you'll stay at Marriott hotel with club lounge or have free breakfast. And what the total value of those perks. Then calculate the marginal value you lose by charging on this card. If the benefit is $200 and you lose $300 on the point difference, then it is not worth it.

Chase is also sensitive with card charges. Since you've charge so much to the card just in a couple of months, Chase may think you MS or put on business spending on personal card....
Oh? Source?

Thank you.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I don't think Chase cares if you're putting biz spend on a personal card as long as it's not manufactured spending. But yeah, I totally agree with you on the cost/benefit. Is free breakfast/lounge/upgrades worth the points I could've earned on Citi Double cash? Then again, Marriott points are a lot easier to use than Citi Thank You.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 6:44 pm

My fee posted on the 12th, can I still cancel and get my funds back? If so can anyone talk me out of it giving the current travel situation?

Thanks
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Norville
My fee posted on the 12th, can I still cancel and get my funds back? If so can anyone talk me out of it giving the current travel situation?

Thanks
You are the one to decide on your own. We all have different situations....
Old Mar 28, 2020, 5:36 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
I'm keeping it for the better-than-most free travel insurance as well as the responsive customer service. The automatic extension to the expiry of Marriott free night certificates also helps.

Thanks
LF72 likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2020, 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by progapanda
I'm keeping it for the better-than-most free travel insurance as well as the responsive customer service. The automatic extension to the expiry of Marriott free night certificates also helps.
I assume by your response that this means I could still get a refund if I wanted? Also i agree that the travel benefits are great with this card and something to consider, I did not know off the extension do you know how long it is?

Thanks
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:33 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
.... I could still get a refund ....
What does it say on your statement? Read the paragraph titled Annual Renewal Notice.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond/IHG Platinum/DL Plutononium
So my free night certificate is expiring in June and I'm worried about it expiring worthless. I went on chat and they said it would automatically be extended, but the June expiration is still showing and I can't book a reservation for July with it. Should I be hounding Mariott again?
Old Mar 31, 2020, 2:46 pm

Extensions are supposed to happen in April.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 11:16 am

upgrade back to gold today.. go figure.

That is for 2019 only.

There is a big difference between Gold and Platinum, room upgrade, free breakfast or club lounge.

Not sure who is going to put on $75k spending on this card just to get a few free breakfast. We can't even travel.
Old Apr 2, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: CO-plat, SPG-plat
I just found out that the Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite card dropped this benefit effective Jan 15, 2020.

https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritz...d/default.aspx

no longer works, so I suspect this change is permanent.

I find little other reason to keep this card since this was the most valuable benefit for those not taking advantage of Ritz Carlton Club upgrade certificates. This card has the same mediocre points earning structure as the other Marriott co-branded cards, and CSR/CSP has both trip delay/cancellation and primary car rental insurance. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Old Apr 3, 2020, 9:16 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Totoro
I just found out that the Ritz Carlton Visa Infinite card dropped this benefit effective Jan 15, 2020.

https://www.visadiscountair.com/ritz...d/default.aspx

no longer works, so I suspect this change is permanent.

I find little other reason to keep this card since this was the most valuable benefit for those not taking advantage of Ritz Carlton Club upgrade certificates. This card has the same mediocre points earning structure as the other Marriott co-branded cards, and CSR/CSP has both trip delay/cancellation and primary car rental insurance. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Just cut it up with scissors if you get the plastic card. Or use a wire cutter if you have the old metal cards.

Move on...
alvinroast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.