Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:36 pm

I am about to apply (actually re-apply) for ink plus in January. I have two options, and I'd to get some folks thoughts. We have a legitimate business, but it isn't a huge revenue business. I reported less than $100k revenue to chase during the last app process. We already have one ink plus and a separate marriott business card for it. Should I apply again under the same business or go a different route to put one under a "business" as defined by chase and not necessarily by tax forms. The reason I would do the latter is because I don't know at what point chase might have a concern with having two much spend going to multiple accounts that spend against a very small business.

Am I looking too deep into this, and should I just put the next one under our normal business?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:10 am

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by thepointswhore
Thinking about adding an authorized user to my CSP. I have questions about what an authorized user can and cannot do:

1.) Can authorized users make payments to the card from a separate online chase account login?

2.) Can authorized users make a bill pay using their own bank to pay the credit card?

3.) Can authorized users transfer points to their loyalty accounts without my consent?

4.) Can authorized users transfer points to their UR account without my consent?

Basically, I am trying to see if an authorized user can earn points for themselves without my involvement. I would like for the authorized user to be able to earn bonus points, but I don't want to be bothered with asking for payments and point transfer requests.
You might look into adding them as a joint account holder, which would accomplish these things. You can add them as an AU first to get the point bonus, and then switch to AU. However, this may affect their eligibility for a future CSP if they wanted one on their own.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Newgene
I am about to apply (actually re-apply) for ink plus in January. I have two options, and I'd to get some folks thoughts. We have a legitimate business, but it isn't a huge revenue business. I reported less than $100k revenue to chase during the last app process. We already have one ink plus and a separate marriott business card for it. Should I apply again under the same business or go a different route to put one under a "business" as defined by chase and not necessarily by tax forms. The reason I would do the latter is because I don't know at what point chase might have a concern with having two much spend going to multiple accounts that spend against a very small business.

Am I looking too deep into this, and should I just put the next one under our normal business?
Someone else can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure you can only have one of each card type per business. So your ~$100k revenue business already has the max ink plus cards it can have.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 11:57 am

Data point- wife auto approved for Ink plus on 12/12/15. She previously owned from 7/13 to 7/14. Credit line of $30k
-Applied for CSP today...pending. Previously owned from 7/13, downgraded to regular sapphire on 7/14, still owns, credit line of $32k
-no new cards in last 2 years
- The $62k of credit now is probably what has to be looked at and hopefully they adjust and approve the CSP
-Auto app line states 2 weeks for decision, WIKI shows that might be a good sign in that 7-10 day decision usually means denial?
Old Dec 24, 2015, 12:35 pm

My husband has a CSP and me name is not on his count. He got a promotion prefer email from Chase and put my name on his prefer list. If I apply a credit card and get approve, husband will get 5K point from Chase.

Today, I received an invited email from Chase today and apply a csp card (using the link provided) . My application is pending. Should I call chase consider line or just wait to see if my application will go thru.

For the last two years, I have been applied United explored, US air card and Chase freedom. However, the US air card was changed to AA aviator card By Barclay bank. Not sure how all of that counting with new chase credit card rule now.

Please advise what I need to do to get that CSP approval. Thank you
Old Dec 24, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by vnfilm1
My husband has a CSP and me name is not on his count. He got a promotion prefer email from Chase and put my name on his prefer list. If I apply a credit card and get approve, husband will get 5K point from Chase.

Today, I received an invited email from Chase today and apply a csp card (using the link provided) . My application is pending. Should I call chase consider line or just wait to see if my application will go thru.

For the last two years, I have been applied United explored, US air card and Chase freedom. However, the US air card was changed to AA aviator card By Barclay bank. Not sure how all of that counting with new chase credit card rule now.

Please advise what I need to do to get that CSP approval. Thank you
read the wiki
Old Dec 25, 2015, 6:05 pm

Multiple data points for you guys:

My wife is quite new to credit cards and points/miles, prior to my previous round of apps for her, she only had (w/in the last 24 months) a Discover It and a Citi Hhonors Card (no AF one) to her name, and about 6 other credit cards that are all mine where I added her as an authorized user (to help pump up her credit score and credit history length). She also has a Chase checking and savings account opened back in June 2015 since we had a $500 combined coupon code for her to use.

Back in Nov 2015 when the Ink Cash still had the 30k bonus, I applied using my name, got the pending status, and made the mistake of calling the next day to get a quicker decision. I prepared for all the business related questions and thought I answered them pretty well, stating that I did reselling and had modest income. The rep put me on hold for about 10 mins and said I would be declined for having too many inquires/accounts to my name in last 12 months. Yea she used 12 months for some reason.

Anyway a day or two later (11/18) my wife applied for the Ink Cash and also got pending status, except this time we waited it out, and on 12/3 she got an email saying she would be approved and the card was on the way.

I have the CSP, so I invited my wife to apply so I can get 5k UR for her getting the card. On 12/3 she applied for the CSP w/ 50k bonus and the Ink Plus w/ 60k bonus, both went into decision pending status, and she only got 1 hard pull from Equifax (probably Experian too, although I havent checked yet).

The following Monday we got a letter in the mail stating CSP declined for too many accounts opened in the last 24 months, so this is in line with the new 5/24 rule. Came on this board to check for data points, then called reconsideration, stating she only has 2 cards to her name, the rest are all my cards and were AU. The CSR asked me about each and every credit card she was an AU on, and I explained each one. For airline cards I just stated we fly that airline, and for hotel cards I said we stay at those hotels. Then she put me on hold for 10 mins and came back saying she will be approved, and I requested to have the card expedited.

We waited out the Ink Plus app, and on 12/22 I noticed a new account was added under her list of business accounts online. Opened the UR website and was able to confirm the new account was an Ink Plus. Called in to have this card expedited as well. Note: She didn't get an email this time saying she was approved though.

Overall a great Christmas present for us, and I'm glad we went ahead and did all these apps for her, even though I asked about this here on FT few weeks ago and a few stuck up guys pointed to the strict 5/24 rule and discouraged us from applying. I guess the moral of the story is don't listen to other too much, try things out for yourself and you may be surprised. I also want to thank this board for all the information I have learned! Happy holidays all!

Last edited by elementofice; Jan 4, 2016 at 2:18 am
Old Dec 25, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: PetCo Pals Rewards
Originally Posted by elementofice
Multiple data points for you guys
Thanks for sharing! Glad to see that the Ink is not subject to the 5/24 rule, and nice work on getting the AU cards disregarded.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:43 am

Follow-up on "Too many cards" Denial

As stated in previous posts, by wife's app for CSP was denied due to too many cards. Now that we got her Experian credit report, I see that they have a record of 4 new cards as primary in the last 24 months and 3 cards on which she's AU (2 Chase and 1 Citi, both where I'm the primary, but all are now closed).

Should I call them and ask them to reconsider on the basis that she's primary on only 4 in 24 and the 3 AU cards are all closed, so I can't remove her AU status? On the other hand, why should they even count if they're closed?

Is it better to call the recon line on a weekday instead of a weekend to better our chances of speaking with a senior credit analyst?

Any advice?
Old Dec 26, 2015, 2:33 pm
Suspended

From everything I've seen posted, Chase doesn't care if they're closed. In fact, it might even hurt someone with a borderline case, since Chase is clearly targeting bonus-chasers. (With seven accounts in the last 24 months, your wife isn't in the "borderline" category.)
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:21 pm

Heck, if I had known someone was keeping track of cards on which one is an AU, I would never have put my name down as AU on my wife's cards and vice versa. It's easy enough for us to share one card when we need to meet a spending requirement since I only present a physical card when I buy gas or go to the hardware store -- the rest of my spending is all online.

Going forward, we'll just get one card for the primary user.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 7:15 pm

Applying to get Chase Points and Marriott Point

Hi, looking for some advise on bonus points for that I can use at Marriott. I'd like to rack up as many points as possible for Marriott and was thinking of signing up for the Marriott Rewards card, the Business Marriott card, and then also the Chase Sapphire Preferred, and Chase Ink Plus since they transfer 1:1 with Marriott. Is this too many Chase cards to sign up for all at once? I currently have a Chase Freedom that I've had open for 5+ years, which I'm thinking of closing now.

If I sign up for them all within a few days, will I get flagged and denied? Should I sign up for the Marriott cards, and then the Preferred and Ink 6 months later? Thoughts on the best way to make this work for me? Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:25 pm

Hi, I applied and was approved for a Chase Sapphire card back in 9/2013. I closed the card in 9/2014. Does anyone know when I would be eligible again to apply sapphire bonus points? Is it 24 months from when I applied or from when I closed the card? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Chase Application History
Chase British Airways - 4/2012
Chase Marriott - 7/2013
Chase Sapphire - 9/2013
Chase IHG - 3/2014
Chase Hyatt - 4/2014
Chase Freedom - 9/2014
Chase United - 5/2015
Chase Fairmont - 8//2015

Last edited by jdmkutz; Dec 26, 2015 at 8:31 pm
Old Dec 26, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by jdmkutz
Hi, I applied and was approved for a Chase Sapphire card back in 9/2013. I closed the card in 9/2014. Does anyone know when I would be eligible again to apply sapphire bonus points? Is it 24 months from when I applied or from when I closed the card? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Chase Application History
Chase British Airways - 4/2012
Chase Marriott - 7/2013
Chase Sapphire - 9/2013
Chase IHG - 3/2014
Chase Hyatt - 4/2014
Chase Freedom - 9/2014
Chase United - 5/2015
Chase Fairmont - 8//2015
It's 24 mos since you received your last bonus from that card. Check the info in the wiki above.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by duranza
It's 24 mos since you received your last bonus from that card. Check the info in the wiki above.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.