Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 4, 2015, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
This thread is now archived. For ongoing discussion and the current/updated wiki, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward. For the archived predecessor thread, see Applying for Chase Credit Cards- Archived 2008-5/2015
Print Wikipost

Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
y u didnt apply for the personal premier card? online app with 50k points is easily available.

i applied for premier and plus card on the same day and waited for 5 days to get it approved. No calls.

Opened 5 cards in 2 months before the southwest apps.
Sadly, I got the Premier card a year ago when I was first getting into the credit card business and didn't know about the companion pass until later.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
y u didnt apply for the personal premier card? online app with 50k points is easily available.

i applied for premier and plus card on the same day and waited for 5 days to get it approved. No calls.

Opened 5 cards in 2 months before the southwest apps.
How many Chase Personal ccs did you have open before you applied for the SW cards?
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by waylook
So the Ink Plus isn't being subject to the 5/24 rule?
NO, not by rule. But lately it's been VERY difficult to be approved for an INK, even if have an established business. At least if you make the mistake of calling Recon, which we did last Spring before we knew better.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:31 pm

That's too bad. We have a few legitimate business with large revenues and like to churn it every 2 years. I am guessing that it won't be worth trying now.

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
NO, not by rule. But lately it's been VERY difficult to be approved for an INK, even if have an established business. At least if you make the mistake of calling Recon, which we did last Spring before we knew better.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 1:50 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SW Companion
I currently have a sapphire and freedom with Chase. I am an AU on my wife's United. I want to apply for the two SW cards and possibly the Hyatt. No new apps since March 2015.

What are my chances of getting two, maybe all three approved in a day...slim or none?

Last edited by cmlsu; Dec 17, 2015 at 2:02 pm
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:15 pm

That's too bad. We have a few legitimate business with large revenues and like to churn it every 2 years. I am guessing that it won't be worth trying now.
If you have a legitimate business with a legitimate need, there is no reason to stop applying. We got another ink card (our third for the same business, we have very large cable bills) fairly recently. They requested our tax returns to confirm the information we gave them but otherwise asked no questions.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cmlsu
I currently have a sapphire and freedom with Chase. I am an AU on my wife's United. I want to apply for the two SW cards and possibly the Hyatt. No new apps since March 2015.

What are my chances of getting two, maybe all three approved in a day...slim or none?
Your answer is in the WIKI. But your results may vary from mine.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 3:27 pm

Wait, I didn't say you can't be approved. I just said it's gotten much harder to be approved. DW has a real from home business with profits around $60K. She was turned down since her business was "only 9 months old", despite having be profitable since day 1. And they wanted "to see more spending" on her current cards. Whatever that means, since she has had various Chase cards, not all still open, for around 5 years.

But if you have "a few legitimate business with large revenues", and can handle a wasted HP, I'd surely apply. I only meant to warn those with marginal business histories. Best of Luck. ^
Old Dec 17, 2015, 4:08 pm

I think I might try and apply for the Ink +. I looked at both Experian and TU, and on those, if you exclude Amex charge cards and and AU account from nearly 20 years ago, I only have 4 accounts open on both. Should I go ahead and try? I think I have a pretty good chance and even a denial might be worth the hard pull. My TU score is 782 and my Experian is 730. I don't have a business (yet) and I'm just going to use my SSN with very little income. We'll see if it pans out. If I have to call after a denial I will try and discuss future possible income for a business idea that I have.

Edit: Applied and got the "Call us immediately" decision. I'm going to take everyone's advice and not call. Hoping for the best.

Last edited by breadbedman; Dec 17, 2015 at 4:41 pm
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:22 pm

Data point....

Wife applied for Freedom card and we denied due to too many CC's in past 2 years (5/24 rule).

She currently has the Hyatt CC (May 2015) and Barclays Aviator Red (Feb 2015). What killed her was she was AU on 4 of my CCs (2 were Chase cards that were previously closed and 2 were Amex).

Not really sure I understand why Chase is using this policy. She has a FICO of 775 and otherwise excellent credit history.

Oh well. Also applied for Amex Everyday on same day and was instantly approved.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:27 pm
Suspended

Chase is clearly trying to cut down on the churners.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
I churn, and according to Kredit.Carma I have done 56,

I have a legitimate business, and an account with Chase,

They have moved CL's, but never been refused.

I tell them I apply for the perks, one look at my record and they know it.

I have more than one business, and a long track record, in the early days we ran the businesses on loans against savings accounts, CDs, and vehicle titles, before CCs.

Banks love to say yes, but they do check you out,
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Delta, Marriott
Recently I applied for a Chase Sapphire card. That was not smart of me as I should have checked how long it has been since I canceled my last Sapphire card. Turns out I needed to wait a few more months if I wanted the bonus miles offered. So, I immediately wrote to ask them to withdraw the application, and sent the same request to customer service. My FICO score is 820, and I have the Chase Mileage Plus card and the chase Hyatt card.
Chase turned my application down rather than allow me to withdraw it. They said I had too many credit cards. My feeling is that they could see I went for the bonus offers and the refusal was meant to be punitive. How many people with an 820 credit score and a perfect payment record get turned down?
Then I received an offer from Marriott for their card. It would keep me from losing the points I have with them as well. I assume now that I would get turned down for that. Do I have any recourse since I asked to withdraw the application? Note that I admit it wasn't smart of me to apply, but to affect my credit rating with a turn down seems highly unfair.
Old Dec 17, 2015, 9:29 pm
Suspended

The 5/24 rule only applies to the CSP, Freedom, and Slate, not the co-branded cards. But if Chase has blacklisted you as a churner, all bets are off.
Old Dec 18, 2015, 1:14 am

Well I want to apply for two new southwest cards to get the companion pass for the next two years. My partner had it the last two and we want to trade off applying and getting it in the future. My credit isn't as good as his so I'm a bit worried about getting approved but recently my credit has been skyrocketing and approvals getting much easier due to higher income and getting higher age of my credit history in general.

Anyone have any recommendations, I'd like to avoid the SW business card. Should I try to apply for the SW Plus and Premier on the same day or wait a month or so between apps? I really want to increase my odds as much as possible.

For a little more background I've applied/churned for about 3 other cards this year and have been added to 3 of my partners cards as an AU.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.