Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 18, 2015, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BuBu4
Please read this Wiki before posting questions in the thread.

What's the difference between the Ink Bold & Ink Plus cards?
Ink Bold is no longer available. It was a charge card (pay balance in full each month), but it has been discontinued and many accounts were converted to Ink Plus cards with the same account numbers.

Ink Plus is a revolving credit card. It allows you to earn and redeem Chase Ultimate Rewards points (including transfering UR points to air/hotel/rail partners).
What are the best current Ink Plus offers?

The Ink Plus card is no longer available for new applicants. There is a separate thread for The Ink Business Preferred card.

Links for non-targeted Ink Plus 60K offer ($5,000 spend/3 months; annual $95 fee not waived)
There is a report of a 70k offer for the Chase Ink Plus available only through your local Chase Bank office, extended to August 20, 2016. If you recently accepted the 60K offer, you may be able to get the extra 10K simply by asking for it.

There is a no-fee, UR-earning Ink Cash card: https://creditcards.chase.com/ink-bu.../ink-cash-card
Are there are any rules or restrictions to keep in mind when applying for an Ink card?
What is the "5/24" policy?
Are targeted offers exempt from the 5/24 policy?
If my application isn't approved instantly, should I call in?
How can I determine the deadline for meeting the spend requirement to earn the signup bonus?
Once I meet the card's spend requirement, how soon will I receive my signup bonus points?
After being denied, how long should I wait before applying again for the same card?
How long should I wait after closing my card before applying again for the same card?

See the wiki & current discussion at Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.
Are there special earning categories?
Yes. You earn 5 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at office supply stores, and on cellular phone, landline, internet, and cable TV services. (Sirius XM Radio also qualifies.)

In addition, you earn 2 points per dollar on the first $50,000 spent annually at gas stations and for hotel accommodations when purchased directly from the hotel.

NOT ALL Ink cards earn the 5x and 2x bonus categories above. Not "Old Ink Bold" that earns 7,500 bonus points for $25,000 spend, 15,000 points for $50,000, and 25,000 points for $100,000 spend.
What merchants qualify for 5 points/dollar spent?
Merchants that qualify:
AnswerConnect (Ref)
AT&T monthly bills @ website (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Boost Mobile (Ref)
Cablevision (Ref)
CallingMart.com (Direct entry)
CardCash.com (PayPal) (Ref, Ref)
CashStar/Staples @ staples.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charter Spectrum/Time Warner Cable monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
Comcast (Ref)
Cox Internet subscription (Ref)
Cricket Wireless (Ref)
Digital River MyCommerce/vorpX (PayPal) (Ref)
DirecTV (Ref, Ref)
Dish Network (Ref, Ref)
Dropbox (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) (Mastercards only) (Ref)
GiftCard Mart (PayPal) (Ref)
GoDaddy.com (Ref, Ref)
Google Fiber (Ref)
Gyft.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Half.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Hetzner.de (PayPal) (Ref)
HTC Vive @ store.us.HTCVive.com (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Hulu (Ref, Ref, Ref)
INIZ (PayPal) (Ref)
LivingSocial.com (PayPal) (Ref)
MileagePlus X/OfficeMax @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
MileagePlus X/Staples @ app (YMMV ref, Ref)
Netflix (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Nvidia GeForce Now (Ref)
Office Depot @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OfficeMax @ B&M, officedepot.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
OneDrive (Ref)
Republic Wireless (Ref)
RingCentral (Ref)
Sirius XM (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sling TV @ sling.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Spotify.com (Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref, Ref)
Sprint (Ref)
Staples @ B&M, staples.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
TiVo monthly bills (Ref, Ref)
T-Mobile monthly bills (Ref, Ref, Ref)
UPrinting.com (Ref)
Verizon (Ref)
Verizon Wireless (Ref)
Virgin Mobile (Ref)
VirginMobileUSA.com (Direct entry, PayPal) (Ref)
Vudu.com (Ref, Ref)
Merchants that DO NOT qualify:
Adobe Acrobat DC (Ref)
Amazon Prime music and video (Ref)
Apple iTunes/Apple Music subscription
AT&T phone and equipment orders (Ref, YMMV ref)
CardCash.com (Direct entry) (Ref)
CashStar/Office Depot @ officedepot.cashstar.com (Ref)
CashStar/Panera Bread @ panerabread.cashstar.com (Ref)
Charges at Cricket Wireless Store
eBay/GiftCardMall (PayPal)
eBay/SVM Gift Cards (PayPal)
eGifter.com (Ref)
Giftcard Zen (Direct entry) (Ref)
Google Cloud Platform @ cloud.google.com (Ref)
Google Drive (Ref)
Google Project Fi @ fi.google.com (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Gyft.com (Direct entry)
H2O Wireless (Ref)
Newegg.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Oculus.com (Ref)
OfficeMax in-store pickup @ officedepot.com (Ref)
eBay/PayPal Digital Gifts (PayPal) Visa Cards Only (Ref)
Plastiq telecom (Ref)
Playstation Vue (Ref)
RingPlus.net (Direct entry)
Seashells @ shopseashells.com (Ref)
SWYCH app (using INK and Paypal) (Ref)
T-Mobile.com phone and equipment orders (Ref, Ref, Ref)
Todoist.com (Ref)
Venmo (Direct entry) (Ref, Ref)
Walmart.com (PayPal) (Ref)
Where can I find the Ink Plus Guide to Benefits?
What are the rules for transferring UR points to other users or to my own air/hotel/rail accounts?
Closing Ink Plus cards
It is possible to pay the annual fee for the Chase Ink Plus business card, then close the account and get a refund of the fee up to 6 months after it was charged. This provides a total of 18 months of earning up to 5X points for free. Make sure your points are transferred out (either to another UR account owned by you or a spouse, or to an air/hotel partner) before you close the account.
Previous Discussion Threads:
Print Wikipost

Chase Ink Business Cards - July 2015- Present

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:43 pm

IMO, Chase's warnings are meant only to cover themselves. If at some point, they choose not to offer the same protections for biz customers that they do for consumers, the warnings add a layer of protection against any legal action. In other words, these warnings are brought to you by the same lawyers that don't want you to remove the tag from your mattress.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:17 am

Hey guys, I have a quick question related to receiving the bonus and my options. I signed up for Ink Cash card on 7/23 and met spend by 8/13. My statement was generated on 8/18 which did not get the bonus. I thought not a big deal as I will get it next statement. Quick secure message to chase confirmed that. However, next statement also closed now on 9/18 and have not received my bonus yet. I get canned response from chase that I will get my bonus in 6-8 weeks.

My question is, I never have to wait 6 to 8 weeks before on chase. Has anyone experienced similar wait? Secondly, what are my options other than waiting to confirm I will get the bonus. I have paid tuition fees 4.5k which is coded as "legal and professional". I am now wondering if that has anything to do with not getting bonus? Any insight will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Old Sep 20, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Originally Posted by apesakal
Hey guys, I have a quick question related to receiving the bonus and my options. I signed up for Ink Cash card on 7/23 and met spend by 8/13. My statement was generated on 8/18 which did not get the bonus. I thought not a big deal as I will get it next statement. Quick secure message to chase confirmed that. However, next statement also closed now on 9/18 and have not received my bonus yet. I get canned response from chase that I will get my bonus in 6-8 weeks.

My question is, I never have to wait 6 to 8 weeks before on chase. Has anyone experienced similar wait? Secondly, what are my options other than waiting to confirm I will get the bonus. I have paid tuition fees 4.5k which is coded as "legal and professional". I am now wondering if that has anything to do with not getting bonus? Any insight will be helpful. Thanks in advance.
Is your Chase minimum spending bonus delayed?
Old Sep 20, 2018, 12:59 pm

Does anyone have the Chase Ink Business lending dept. number? TIA
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:06 pm

Is it true that you can get 2 CIP - one with SSN and one with EIN?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:12 pm

Originally Posted by geoff325
Is it true that you can get 2 CIP - one with SSN and one with EIN?
Yes -- bonus is tied to the business tax ID

As a sole prop you can do the bonus once using SSN as biz tax ID and again using EIN

You can also refer yourself for 20k referral pts
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:14 pm

I just need to space these out greater than 90 days for Chase business cards, correct?
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:18 pm

I just need to space these out greater than 90 days for Chase business cards, correct?
Minimum 31 days without any Chase apps if you're in a hurry, but most people recommend 3 months just to play it safe

You can get each Ink bonus twice (CIP/CIC/CIU) so spread them out as much as you can to avoid a Chase shutdown
Old Sep 28, 2018, 10:23 am

I got denied yesterday applying for a CIP - Was about 37 days after CSP. I am at 3/24 and new to all of this. I decided to call reconsideration and very easy process. Score 740ish. Income 250 - doctor. I told them trying to set up some 1099 work at outside facilities. Denied online using $1 income, 1 year work. On phone told new business, no revenue working on setting up new business and want to keep travel expenses and other seperate from personal. Approved quickly.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 1:52 pm

I got denied yesterday applying for a CIP - Was about 37 days after CSP. I am at 3/24 and new to all of this. I decided to call reconsideration and very easy process. Score 740ish. Income 250 - doctor. I told them trying to set up some 1099 work at outside facilities. Denied online using $1 income, 1 year work. On phone told new business, no revenue working on setting up new business and want to keep travel expenses and other seperate from personal. Approved quickly.
Thank you for the data point. I wonder if putting zero as business revenue would be an issue (i.e., application denial).
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Got the Ink Unlimited about a week ago. Would like to refer a friend but it’s not coming up when I enter last 4 digits of card on referral page. Is there a set amount of time before one can refer?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Got the Ink Unlimited about a week ago. Would like to refer a friend but it’s not coming up when I enter last 4 digits of card on referral page. Is there a set amount of time before one can refer?
There has never been a referral promotion for Ink Unlimited.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:34 am

Just had a purchase from CardCash using Paypal marked as 1x guess that's no longer working. Do anyone know if we can update the list at the top?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:12 pm

Hi, I received the Chase Ink Preferred for the 100k UR points back in May. Now that I have the points I'd like to downgrade to the Chase Ink Cash. Does anyone have a good sense of when a I can do this without setting off flags with Chase for churning?
Old Oct 3, 2018, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by snipsnipe
Hi, I received the Chase Ink Preferred for the 100k UR points back in May. Now that I have the points I'd like to downgrade to the Chase Ink Cash. Does anyone have a good sense of when a I can do this without setting off flags with Chase for churning?
i downgrade one month before AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.