Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Hacked Again?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Chase Hacked Again?

http://pointprincess.boardingarea.co...ase-data-hack/

Definitely seems that something is going on...
Old May 25, 2015, 3:22 pm

My CSP was used last week (5/14) while we were in London. A $19.99 charhe to some music service and a large charge declined because they entered the incorrect expiration date.

What's weird is chase never contacted me, when we got back I looked at our statement and saw the fraud charges.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:49 pm

FWIW, my ink had fraud activity out of Brazil a few days ago. Card wasn't sock drawer end but seldom used besides phone/cable.
Old May 25, 2015, 4:07 pm

My csp also had a weird music streaming charge for 9.99 on it. Called and they said it was from singapore. We were in singapore recently so figured our numbers were lifted when we were there. Then my ink had a charge from sweden or something for train tickets. Hope it doesnt happen to all of our chase cards.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:37 pm

Ink Plus a few weeks ago had a fraudulent charge from a clothing store in Detroit. I got an alert from Jot and had the card replaced.
Old May 25, 2015, 7:53 pm

Mass data compromise at a merchant is a much more likely scenario than anything at Chase
Old May 25, 2015, 10:41 pm

I had a small $2 transaction appear on my Ritz card, Chase froze the account and emailed me to call in. This happened last week.
Old May 25, 2015, 10:57 pm

Similar experience here. Fraudulent activity on multiple Chase cards including Ink Bold, CSP, Ritz Carlton. Chase has a long-standing leak in their system that they fail to acknowledge.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
Similar experience here. Fraudulent activity on multiple Chase cards including Ink Bold, CSP, Ritz Carlton. Chase has a long-standing leak in their system that they fail to acknowledge.
Had a pending charge for $2.xx on my Freedom that went away by itself. Was not contacted by Chase (that I know of).
Old May 26, 2015, 7:59 am

Had one of my SW cards with an unauthorized charge from an online purchase this past Saturday while I was out of town, chase caught it and froze the card in the meantime.
Old May 26, 2015, 1:52 pm

I had a $1 change from Amway get declined on my CSP from someone using Apple Pay on 4/24. This was just after I received my new card and before I even used it once. Didn't get contacted until much later and related to something else. Once I told them I didn't make that charge. They issued a new card. Only reason I knew of the charge was because it was in my Apple Pay history.
Old May 26, 2015, 2:41 pm

IHG card compromised with a $6 charge last week. I have literally only ever used the card one time, at an IHG hotel. Never used it online, never handed the card to anybody other than Jessica. So, I guess we have Jessica to blame!
Old May 26, 2015, 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by NYCFlyer10001
IHG card compromised with a $6 charge last week. I have literally only ever used the card one time, at an IHG hotel. Never used it online, never handed the card to anybody other than Jessica. So, I guess we have Jessica to blame!
Based on the reports in this thread, Jessica sure does get around!
Old May 26, 2015, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by RhubarbPie
My csp also had a weird music streaming charge for 9.99 on it. Called and they said it was from singapore. We were in singapore recently so figured our numbers were lifted when we were there. Then my ink had a charge from sweden or something for train tickets. Hope it doesnt happen to all of our chase cards.
Interesting, my $19.99 charge was also a music streaming service. Something called tidal.com, specifically.
Old May 26, 2015, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA PPro, QF Gold, DL Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Platinum
My CSP was hacked a few weeks ago by wargaming.net. I was alerted, the account closed and a replacement card sent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.