Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Let's say you have both the Freedom and the Ink. Your spouse only has the Freedom. Can you move points from the wife's Freedom card account to your Freedom (or Ink) account?
Yes, provided you satisfy the new, slightly modified Chase policies. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
Old Nov 17, 2015, 12:41 am

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by beltway
Yes, provided you satisfy the new, slightly modified Chase policies. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html
Yes, I'm aware of the recent minor tweak - not an issue for us, spouse at same address, have transferred before. Question is actually for a friend, but should be similar situation.

That'll make it easier to convince her to get the Freedom card, if she can combine/transfer to hubby's account and get full UR points from her Freedom, without having to suffer the AF for one of the premium cards herself (he sees the value in that...she's reluctant....).

Thanks.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 7:52 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
... Can you move points from the wife's Freedom card account to your Freedom (or Ink) account?
I do this every month to consolidate points earned by several cards into our only account which permits airline/hotel transfers.
Old Dec 21, 2015, 6:37 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
A supervisor with Ink today told me that as of November, UR points earned on my Cash can not be transferred to my CSP, as UR transfers can not be made any more between business and personal accounts. Is that accurate? That's 66K stranded points--any thoughts on what to do?

And yes, I am the primary on both accounts.

And yes again, between May and October, supervisors have been able to make similar transfers manually, prior to the alleged November rule change.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Preacher7
A supervisor with Ink today told me that as of November, UR points earned on my Cash can not be transferred to my CSP, as UR transfers can not be made any more between business and personal accounts. Is that accurate? That's 66K stranded points--any thoughts on what to do?

And yes, I am the primary on both accounts.

And yes again, between May and October, supervisors have been able to make similar transfers manually, prior to the alleged November rule change.
Why can't you "combine" them online yourself? I am sure many people just do their combination each month online without calling Chase.

Right in this thread there are several mechanism one could use to perform the task online if at first you do not see the option.
Old Dec 23, 2015, 8:32 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
That option hasn't worked for my accounts for many months, since Chase changed its online platform earlier this year. The question remains: is the Supervisor correct? As of November, is it against policy to transfer UR points between personal and biz accounts?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 10:14 pm

That option hasn't worked for my accounts for many months, since Chase changed its online platform earlier this year. The question remains: is the Supervisor correct? As of November, is it against policy to transfer UR points between personal and biz accounts?
Less than one minute ago I transferred points from my Freedom-associated UR account to my DW's Ink Plus-related UR account.
Old Dec 24, 2015, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I transfer my husband's Freedom card and my own Freedom card earnings to my Ink Plus every month including this week.

Furthermore I dont believe none of the workarounds listed on this thread does not work with your accounts. I had to go thru one of the mechanisms myself in fact 2 times months apart. It worked, just annoying to have to go thru the steps again. It still beats calling Chase.

You basically have 2 choices - either read this short thread and learn the workarounds mentioned so you can try to do the transfer online yourself or you can keep calling Chase to play rep roulette until one supervisor is willing to do that for you. The choice should be pretty obvious for many but of course YMMV.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 24, 2015 at 6:39 pm
Old Dec 28, 2015, 5:54 pm

I transferred from Freedom and CSP to Ink yesterday.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:58 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, HHonors Diamond
Called the Number on the back of the card. I was getting an error transfering from my INK to Sapphire Preferred. Rep took care of it in 30 seconds.

Originally Posted by bigugly
I transferred from Freedom and CSP to Ink yesterday.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:59 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having the same issues and have exhausted everything I can think of to resolve this (3 escalations and an ongoing conversation with the Twitter support team that has lasted almost 2 weeks).

I have been combing my wife's Freedom URs with my CSP's URs for the past 2 years or so with no issues. In May, I was approved for an Ink Plus. Around that time (possibly even the same day I was approved), I started getting the "unexpected error" message when trying to combine points from my wife's Freedom with my CSP. I wasn't too concerned because I was working on the Ink spend. The odd thing was that the Ink replaced the CSP on the combine points screen on my wife's Freedom account. I never added it in; the system must have picked up my wife's name as a business owner on the Ink. I deleted it and tried to add my CSP back in, which is when I started receiving the "unexpected error" notification. I assumed it was a website glitch and forgot about it.

That brings me to the past 4 weeks. Chase CSRs have escalated my issue to "marketing" 3 times now. They keep sending me a letter with instructions on how to combine my points, which obviously isn't helping. One supervisor finally brought up the linking issue. However, I couldn't unlink my CSP and Ink since they were under the same login. I thought that moving it back to separate logins for business and personal would help, so I did. I was then able to unlink my Ink and CSP, but that hasn't solved the problem. All of our cards have now been unlinked for weeks and it still gives an "unexpected error" message when I try to combine the Freedom and CSP UR points.

The other interesting part is that I can't move points from my Ink to my CSP now that they're under separate logins, but it will let me move points between the Freedom and Ink. It would let me move from Ink to CSP when the accounts were merged under one login though. Also, I can moved points from my CSP to my wife's Freedom! Now that nothing is merged and everything has been unlinked, no points can be sent to my CSP. This wouldn't be a huge deal, except I actually use my CSP and would like to pool the points. I guess I could move from CSP to Freedom, and then to Ink, but I'll likely downgrade to Ink Cash at some point, so that isn't a long-term solution (that and I'd just like it to work the way it's supposed to).

The Twitter team claimed that their marketing team solved the problem and transferred the points manually. All they did was debit points from Freedom and credit points to the CSP, but it wasn't technically a transfer, it just shows as a manual debit and credit.

So, I'm pretty much at a loss and just wanted to see if anyone else is still in the same boat. Is there a keyword or piece of information I'm missing that could help me here? I've even tried using the middle initial and making sure all of information in all accounts is identical. Again, this used to work before I received the Ink, so I don't know what changed. Any help would be much appreciated! Sorry for the long post!
Old Aug 15, 2016, 7:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by TxTechWreckEm07
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm having the same issues and have exhausted everything I can think of to resolve this (3 escalations and an ongoing conversation with the Twitter support team that has lasted almost 2 weeks). ................
No need to apologize and welcome to FT!! This is a long shot suggestion but have you tried another browser? I would also suggest reading all the old posts here, especially from 2015. I was having xfer problems and switched to IE and my xfer worked fine. Your problem is more complex but, hey, give it a try. I normally use FF but switching to IE fixed my issue.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 8:29 pm

Thanks, philemer! Glad to be (somewhat) contributing and not just lurking!

Those are great suggestions. Unfortunately, I've tried most of those browsers, and even the mobile versions. To date, I've tried IE, Edge, Chrome, FF, and Safari. I've also tried the Chase app. I've tried every combination of middle initial, middle name, etc. too. The Chase CSRs have tried as well, also with no luck. I'm thankful that the Twitter team is so responsive, but it looks like they can't fix it.

This certainly isn't the end of the world since they seem to be willing to manually adjust the points, but that hardly seems efficient. I'm trying to figure this out before next week... Who knows what kind of chaos adding or PCing to the Sapphire Reserve will cause! Trying to jump on that early in hopes of bypassing 5/24.

I saw a Reddit thread talking about this, but they seemed to clear it up easily by unlinking cards. This FT thread seems to be the most comprehensive.

I'll keep engaging the Twitter team in hopes they can figure it out. I guess I could try the Executive Line if all else fails. I will keep you posted!

Originally Posted by philemer
No need to apologize and welcome to FT!! This is a long shot suggestion but have you tried another browser? I would also suggest reading all the old posts here, especially from 2015. I was having xfer problems and switched to IE and my xfer worked fine. Your problem is more complex but, hey, give it a try. I normally use FF but switching to IE fixed my issue.

Good luck and keep us informed of your progress.
---

Quick update: I downloaded some new browsers on my phone (Opera and Dolphin). I can't log in to Chase.com at all through those for some reason. I went back to the Chase app and none of my UR information is showing up. I get an error message saying it's unavailable. I'm not sure if this is good or bad news!

Last edited by philemer; Aug 15, 2016 at 8:59 pm Reason: when making consecutive posts just edit the previous post and add your new info-cheers!
Old Sep 10, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I've had this issue for years - can't combine UR from Ink with my CSP. I finally decided to ask Chase to fix the linkage so I don't have to call them every time, and they couldn't figure it out and said they'd open a ticket and I'd hear back by mail?! They mailed me basic instructions on how to link accounts. Clearly Chase doesn't understand the issue and/or doesn't care. Is there any solution, or should I just plan on having to call regularly? I've tried different browsers, different computers, etc. This is obviously a Chase-side issue as it's so commonplace. I'm sure many people have the issue but don't even realize it as they always transfer directly to travel partners.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:52 am

Programs: UA & AA 1 million miler
I want to transfer my UR points to one of my household members' UR account who is an authorized user of my CSP card, but after I entered his CSP card number and his last name, I got an unexpected error.
I tried several times but I always got the error.
Do I need to call Chase and do that over the phone???
By the way his last name is different from mine.
I have no idea if that is causing the error...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.