Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2019, 7:36 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by mia
Has a transfer been made from your wife's account in 2019? If so, was it to her UA account, someone else's UA account, or to any other airline or hotel?
None found on her UR Rewards Activity.
Old Jun 19, 2019, 7:36 am

Originally Posted by rxgeek
I am an AU on my wife's CSR. I want to transfer points to miles on my UA Mileage Plus account. On the Chase "transfer to travel partner" page, I chose my name and entered my UA#. An error msg said I must call Chase for assistance. The rep told me I must wait until next year for this transfer to be allowed but she didn't know why & opened a ticket. Any insight here?
None found on her UR Rewards Activity.
Any updates on your situation?

My husband and I are facing the same problem right now. I am an AU on my husband's Sapphire Preferred card. I tried to transfer points to my Hyatt account and received the same response from Chase when I called. Problem is, we haven't transferred points out of this account in well over a year (Feb 2018). And last year the transfer was also to my Hyatt account. Starting to get frustrated!
Old Jun 19, 2019, 8:25 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
None found....
The one AU per year transfer restriction is the only rule that I am aware of that would require waiting until the next year. It could be that the software implementation of the rule is flawed, but I would press Chase to cite a published rule. Bear in mind that frontline customer service agents are skilled at inventing plausible, but incorrect, explanations for errors they do not understand.

(Note that American Express has announced a new restriction that will block transfers to Additional Cardholders' airline/hotel accounts for the first 90 days after the cardholder is added. It could be that Chase has implemented, but not announced, some similar restriction, to make it more difficult to transfer points to strangers or mileage brokers.)
Old Jun 19, 2019, 10:02 am

Programs: w/+1: AS MVPG; IHG/Marriott Plat; Hilton/BW Diamond; Hertz Prez; SG Silver
Originally Posted by cmzeh88
Any updates on your situation?

My husband and I are facing the same problem right now. I am an AU on my husband's Sapphire Preferred card. I tried to transfer points to my Hyatt account and received the same response from Chase when I called. Problem is, we haven't transferred points out of this account in well over a year (Feb 2018). And last year the transfer was also to my Hyatt account. Starting to get frustrated!
Although the Chase agent said she would escalate the issue, I have not received an update.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 11:13 am

Although the Chase agent said she would escalate the issue, I have not received an update.
Got an update via snail mail. The letter states, "we do not see any reason why you shouldn't be able to process this request online." They provided me with an 800 number to process the request.
Old Jul 28, 2019, 11:02 am

I got the unexpected error message when trying to move points from Freedom to CSP. I tried once more and got the same message. I was getting ready to remove cards as per advice upthread, but when I logged back in, probably 10 minutes later, the points had successfully been combined.
sdsearch likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by mia
Bear in mind that frontline customer service agents are skilled at inventing plausible, but incorrect, explanations for errors they do not understand.
I have often wondered why that is.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Chase UR Combine Points broken?

I tried to move points from my Ink Cash to my CSR, as I do every month. Failed yesterday and also today with this error:

”We are unable to move points at this time. Please try again later. If the error persists, please call the number on the back of your card.”

Anyone else seeing that?
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:18 am

It worked fine just a few minutes ago.....
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Thanks for the data point, Steve. On the whole wide internet there is, according to Google, only one mention of this error (other than this thread), on some obscure board - https://www.disboards.com/threads/i-.../post-59662078

No resolution there as far as I can tell. Guess I will give it a few days (it’s not many points and I don’t need them for anything right now; I am just consolidating proactively every month). And if it still fails, maybe try to move points to my CFU before calling customer service.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:32 am

Got an update via snail mail. The letter states, "we do not see any reason why you shouldn't be able to process this request online." They provided me with an 800 number to process the request.
I tried to make another transfer in August just like the previously failed one. No joy from numerous supervisors and Chase opened a ticket. Then I asked the supervisor to transfer UR points to her UA account with the plan to transfer her UA miles to my UA account. Then I ran into the $10/1000 service charge and abandoned that plan. Of course Chase saw that she transferred points to HER account and closed the ticket. I called Chase today and got it reopened. CS said call back in a week to see if it is resolved.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:34 pm

Thumbs up Update

I tried to make another transfer in August just like the previously failed one. No joy from numerous supervisors and Chase opened a ticket. Then I asked the supervisor to transfer UR points to her UA account with the plan to transfer her UA miles to my UA account. Then I ran into the $10/1000 service charge and abandoned that plan. Of course Chase saw that she transferred points to HER account and closed the ticket. I called Chase today and got it reopened. CS said call back in a week to see if it is resolved.
Finally got a supervisor that knew what to do. She removed and re-entered me into the system, whatever that means. She then transferred 1,000 UR points to my account and had me complete transfer online which was successful. The miles posted instantly. Unfortunately, the flight upgrade I was seeking with miles has disappeared after all this time. Maybe UA will open more seats before January.
If you have a similar issue, be persistent with Chase. Lastly, I got this supervisor's boss on the phone to make sure her efforts were recognized.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:13 am

I am unable to move my points from personal to my ink card. says " An expected error occured".

I entered the card number and last name correctly. Tried both on desktop and mobile.

Both are my own card/name/accounts.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
I am unable to move my points from personal to my ink card. says " An expected error occured".

I entered the card number and last name correctly. Tried both on desktop and mobile.

Both are my own card/name/accounts.
Did you recently delete the receiving account associated with your personal card? In the past, there has been a 24-hour dead period between delinking an existing send-to account and linking to a new one.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by beltway
Did you recently delete the receiving account associated with your personal card? In the past, there has been a 24-hour dead period between delinking an existing send-to account and linking to a new one.
the last time i deleted, added, transferred points to and from was 2 years ago. very strange it says error

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.