Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 8:32 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Chase customer service made very clear that, we/you can transfer UR points within the same household as long as they live in the same permanent address as the "primary customer". The last part needs some further definition.

you can only move points to another Chase card
with Ultimate Rewards that belongs to you or one member of
your household.

as long as your parents/children or siblings have the
credit card accounts with Ultimate Rewards, you can
transfer the reward points (A household member is a family
member who has the same permanent address as the primary
customer). For details, see your rewards program agreement
at chase.com/ultimaterewards.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 10:32 pm

Programs: Marriott BonvAnnoyed
I am trying to transfer points to authorized user/cobusiness owner from my chase ink preferred card but I got a special handling require error. So I sent a SM and I got a reply which make no sense to me. This authorized user is already on my other chase business cards as well but what chase is telling me, AU is a employee and I can’t transfer points to his FF account. What exactly they need when it comes to differentiate authorized user from an employee. Funny thing is when I go to the transfer screen pull up, AU name showed up as business owner but the text field is greyed out and special handling error pops up.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 7:27 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ali7204
. What exactly they need when it comes to differentiate authorized user from an employee.
The requirement is that the second person must be -both- an owner of the business -and- an Authorized User on the Chase account from which you are trying to make the Transfer. Does the person meet both requirements? Have you previously transferred from this Chase account to any airline or hotel partner?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:30 am

Thanks mia, The second person meet both requirements and as I mentioned AU (I am trying to transfer to) showed as a business owner but the FF account field is greyed out.
Yes, I have done the transfer from another business account to this AU hyatt/united last year. I never recall Chase asking me to send any proof of AU business ownership before and the fact is, they haven't asked it yet.
They just keep telling me that the AU user is an employee and hence no transfer. Should I just tell them that he is also the business owner (though they can see it in a transfer screen)?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 8:36 am
mia

I have done the transfer from another business account to this AU hyatt/united last year
History with other Chase card accounts is probably not relevant. The customer service statements do not necessarily indicate the real reason for the failure.

Have you transferred from THIS Chase card account to any airline or hotel account, including your own? Was THIS Chase account opened as a Sole Proprietorship business?
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by mia

Have you transferred from THIS Chase card account to any airline or hotel account, including your own? Was THIS Chase account opened as a Sole Proprietorship business?
No, I haven't transferred from this account to ANY (including MINE) and the account was opened as a sole prop. Would this be a problem? doing business as a Sole Prop.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:11 am
mia

No, I haven't transferred from this account to ANY (including MINE) and the account was opened as a sole prop. Would this be a problem? doing business as a Sole Prop.
It could be that Chase's system now excludes the possibility of a co-owner of a Sole Proprietorship, but I do not recall a previous report. I think you will need to work through this by telephone. Be careful not to "lead" the agent to a specific explanation, just explain that you need to transfer to the frequent flyer account of another owner of the business and it does not work. I would not mention the previous SM explanations. Listen to what they say.
Old Jan 30, 2020, 9:18 am

Thanks, will do and I will post an update, if there is any positive update.

here is the exact reply for more context.

"He/she should be listed as an Authorizing Officer on another Chase business account, if he/sheis only listed as an employee on an account we cannot transfer the points to the frequent travel program and this scenario has always been there it is not a recent change"

Highlighted key words to make sure, I am reading it correctly. Authorizing officer on another Chase business account OR on the same account? What makes one an Authorizing officer?

Last edited by ali7204; Jan 30, 2020 at 9:24 am
Old Feb 11, 2020, 5:55 pm

Update: After talking to couple of reps over the phone, I was told, I need copy of Schd C and partner agreement, if I want other owners/Authorized user FF to be linked for transfer.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 2:12 am

Update: After talking to couple of reps over the phone, I was told, I need copy of Schd C and partner agreement, if I want other owners/Authorized user FF to be linked for transfer.
You mentioned being able to transfer from another business card/account; have you considered first moving the points to that other business account and then doing the transfer from there to your AU's FF account. This may require having your points move through one of your personal cards and then to your other business account, but it could work.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: UR
i'm getting the error while trying to combine points between two CIP cards....both in my name. is this not possible?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:31 am
mia

Originally Posted by sincerity82
.... the error....
Welcome to Flyertalk. What is the error message? Are you the primary cardholder of both accounts, and are they linked to the same UserID on chase.com ?
Old Jul 17, 2020, 8:34 am

Programs: UR
Originally Posted by mia
Welcome to Flyertalk. What is the error message? Are you the primary cardholder of both accounts, and are they linked to the same UserID on chase.com ?
thank you

This card is not eligible to receive points from you at this time

They are not linked to the same userid and I am the primary on both accounts.....appreciate the time
Old Jul 20, 2020, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by sincerity82
thank you

This card is not eligible to receive points from you at this time

They are not linked to the same userid and I am the primary on both accounts.....appreciate the time
Do you have any other Chase cards that have combined points currently or in the past onto the CIP in question? If so, combine points from the first CIP onto that card, then combine them onto the destination CIP.
Old Oct 24, 2020, 11:53 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I’m trying to move UR points from my Sapphire to my wife’s Freedom, but when I enter her card number and last name, I get an error message saying incomplete or invalid. Moving points the other way works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.