Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
For more current information on Chase-to-Chase UR transfers, see the wiki & discussion at 11.15.2015 Ultimate Rewards transfer ONLY to own & AU's airline/hotel accounts.
Print Wikipost

Problems Combining UR points between accounts

Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by OliverB
I'm having the same issue except that my wife's account is in her maiden name. Coudl this be what's blocking the transfer?

I click on COMBINE POINTS and then enter her card number and last name. I click the button to certify that this account belongs to my spuse of domestic partner and then I get the following message - "An unexpected error occurred".

???
tweet @Chasesupport
Old Jan 16, 2015, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
There can only be one link to/from a card. If your card is linked to any other account, the transfer will fail. Additionally, you cannot link a card within 24 hours of it having been unlinked from a different account. So make sure your card is not currently linked anywhere, and then make sure you've waited 24 hours before attempting another transfer.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Unable to combine points on already linked cards

I was able to move husband's Freedom card pts to my Freedom card last month without having the difficulties others reported here.

Today, I saw the 2 cards are linked, but the CONTINUE button did not budge.

I removed the linkage, and use the Add card method, and it gave me a technical error message!

THIS. IS. GETTING. ABSURD. That we have to find ways to get pass the website failure when they did the "upgrades" on UR site.

I am not quite sure the "UNLINK" part under my own UR account per above post 40. My Freedom shows on my own UR account on the From side together with my 2 Inks but not on the To side which only shows 2 Inks. Hence there is no "remove" for the Freedom in my own UR account.

EDIT:
I linked my Ink Plus to husband's Freedom and the stupid site allows me to combine points.

Not sure how much the obstacles can accomplish other than creates lots of frustration to cardholders as well as calls/tweets to Chase support groups.

Last edited by Happy; Jan 19, 2015 at 12:58 pm
Old Feb 13, 2015, 4:23 pm

I was having similar issues - I ultimately used Internet Explorer which gave me the old UR site. I still couldn't transfer from Ink to Freedom, but was able to transfer from Ink to another Ink. FYI - I got a warning message that said I couldn't access the old site after March 22 so I would try it sooner rather than later.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 7:46 pm

Chase UR transfer, "An unexpected error occurred"

Tried to do my very first ever points transfer to BA, and after entering in my name, member ID, etc and hitting submit, all I got was this error "An unexpected error occurred". Any ideas what I did wrong? I know my name is correct, as well as my BAEC number.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by PackingIt
Tried to do my very first ever points transfer to BA, and after entering in my name, member ID, etc and hitting submit, all I got was this error "An unexpected error occurred". Any ideas what I did wrong? I know my name is correct, as well as my BAEC number.
Did you log out and then log in and try it again?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:37 pm

I did. Even tried with all three browsers on my computer (Chrome, Safari, Firefox). I successfully added United. Issues seems to be specifically with BA.

Originally Posted by philemer
Did you log out and then log in and try it again?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 6:19 pm

Im having the same problem except im trying to transfer UR between accounts
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:00 pm

Call Chase and let them know. The more complaints, the more likely it will get addressed by someone.

Originally Posted by pacys95
Im having the same problem except im trying to transfer UR between accounts
Old Feb 22, 2015, 3:27 am

Wasn't Chase doing maintenance in the evening of 2/20?
Old Feb 22, 2015, 5:35 am

flood with tweets
Old Feb 22, 2015, 10:06 am

Still not working for me today as well.

Originally Posted by mbfanos
Wasn't Chase doing maintenance in the evening of 2/20?
Old Mar 1, 2015, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Platinum
As a result of continuous "unexpected errors", an additional 45k points transfer to Hyatt was processed than I intended. My calls to Chase have not been able to resolve the issue. First call took place a month ago. They keep "escalating" the issue, but that has not achieved anything. They also keep telling me that this is a marketing department issue, but will not let me talk directly to marketing.

Any ideas or suggestions as far as what I can do to settle this matter? Thanks.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Two similar threads have now been merged. Hopefully Chase get their act together soon & fix the issues.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
the CONTINUE button did not budge
Same issue here. My DW's CSP was linked to my Freedom card several weeks ago & we've made one or two experimental transfers, but it's not working now. The CONTINUE button does nothing.

Maddening.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.