Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 18, 2013, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
Moderator caution: Referral offers -or- links are NOT permitted in any thread in the Chase forum. Instead, see: Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first Please do not post ANY application links in the Wikipost or thread, even if you think they are not referral links. If you think there is an extraordinary circumstance where the link is difficult to find elsewhere, consult with a moderator before posting.

What is the best current offer?
A. Beginning April 14, 2022, the public offer has been increased to 80,000 Bonus Points After You Spend $4,000 On Purchases In The First 3 Months From Account Opening. Annual fee [$95] is not waived. This offer is now publicly available. Based on some datapoints, it may be possible to get this offer at your local Chase branch with a one year waiver of the annual fee.

For any CSP offer, be sure to check the pricing details before applying. Normally, the annual fee for the CSP for year 2 and later is $95; however, in mid-2014 and then again more recently, Chase began randomly changing the pricing for some visits to the pages above, with AF as high as $150. If you get a page with that higher pricing, try reloading the page.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. This card is subject to the Chase 5/24 policy. For details, see the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards, 2017 onward.

As of August 2018, all Chase Sapphire cards are subject to an additional restriction:
The product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of any Sapphire credit card who received a new cardmember bonus within the last 48 months.
See Sapphire (CSR & CSP) 48 months between bonuses, August 2018 for details and ongoing discussion.

Q. I'm an authorized user for a card issued to my spouse/parent. Does that prevent me from signing up for the same card and earning a bonus?

A. No, being an authorized user does not prevent you from obtaining your own card / bonus.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. What's the value of a UR point? What are the best redemption options?

A. Because these questions are not specific to the Sapphire Preferred card, see discussion in the following separate threads:
Q. What are the benefits of this card other than UR points?

Benefits Guide https://www.chasebenefits.com/sapphirepreferred

A. See the discussion in Chase Sapphire Preferred Benefits Thread, especially the source documents referenced in the wiki.
Other discussion
Which travel booking sites qualify for 2x points on CSP?

To review previous Sapphire Preferred thread, click HERE.

Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred (CSP) : 60K , $4k spend, $95 fee. (2013-2023)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by compddd
Looks like this is dead, what gives?
Ok it looks like it is dead but when you click on the Link above for the 50k offer it brings you to the 40K offer page with $95 annual fee.

I change the last number on the application to a 4 and under terms and condition it gives you the $0 first year and $125 after which was for the 50K offer. (the 40k apply is a 3, if you change it to a 2 you get the normal sapphire card.)

So anyone brave enough to give a go? Or anyone saved the Application link? OR is this like Citi card where as long as the application link work they will honor the bonus?

Can anyone provide some feedback since its only 40K?

Here is the link after I edit the last digit:

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...F01&SPID=F7F4#

Edit:
http://www.jeffsetter.com/get-chase-...0-point-bonus/

I think this will work as you can see in the link above he posted a picture of his approval page and left side looks the same as the left side of the applications.

Last edited by stunt; Dec 13, 2013 at 2:39 am
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:13 am

Nope, did not work for me. opened in incognito mode and still the same 40 k app.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:20 am

Did not work for me either.
Old Dec 13, 2013, 8:46 am

Says offer unavailable now
Old Dec 13, 2013, 2:27 pm

It work late last night, I guess it was the right link since they killed the application now.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:03 am

Still alive via phone app (as of yesterday evening).

1-800-297-5578
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:19 am

Successfully applied by phone just now.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:36 am

Same just now. Thank you very much kwest2
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by kwest2
Still alive via phone app (as of yesterday evening).

1-800-297-5578

Well, I just applied over the phone. The agent told me I was applying for the 50k offer.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by kitkatft
Originally Posted by himavant
UPDATE!

I called 3 different reps. The first two reps said no-go on the 40k -> 50k offer.

The third rep was the charm and she said I should get a letter about it if it goes through! Fingers crossed!
I called customer service about getting my 40K upgraded to this new 50K (I was 89 days ago today), and my rep said Chase had to look into it more and would mail me a letter within 7-10 business days. So I guess I've got to be patient for a while...wish me luck. Good luck to you, himavant!
My letter said no luck, they were being "fair to everyone." Himavant, how did you do?

However, I did manage to get in on the authorized user 5K.

Also, has anyone who already had a 40K/$95 card managed to get a 50K/$125 card in addition?
Old Dec 14, 2013, 8:23 pm

Originally Posted by jeanie
Well, I just applied over the phone. The agent told me I was applying for the 50k offer.
I got the 7-10 day message on the automated line. That is a rejection, isn't it? Some bloggers are saying Chase recon doesn't work anymore. Is this true?

Thanks.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 9:30 pm

I got the 7-10 day message on the automated line. That is a rejection, isn't it? Some bloggers are saying Chase recon doesn't work anymore. Is this true?

Thanks.
Which ones? I want to go have a good laugh.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 12:35 am

Thanks.
Originally Posted by compddd
Which ones? I want to go have a good laugh.

LOL I worded that very badly didn't I?

I don't read blogs very often, but I do admit that I have a few pages bookmarked for reference. A couple of those pages list reconsideration numbers for multiple banks. The pages I had bookmarked had deleted Chase from their list.

Upon further Googling, I read that Chase had asked some bloggers to take their recon numbers off of the blog. So it just took me a bit longer to get the right numbers. For those that are curious, this is what I came up with:

Automated app status line: 800 625 5166

Personal card recon: 888 245 0625

The recon lines are out there. Just depends on which blogger you are looking at! I am not going to call them out on this thread, though. We don't need to go through that debate again!

Last edited by jeanie; Dec 15, 2013 at 12:53 am
Old Dec 15, 2013, 1:04 am

i hope this comes back around. i did not want to sign up for it since i already had multiple Chase CCs for the 12 month period.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:45 am

The recon lines are out there. Just depends on which blogger you are looking at!
No need to go to the bloggers. There is an extensive list of Chase contact numbers in the wiki for http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.