Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 19, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
What qualifies as a "restaurant" for the Q2 2014 bonus?

From the Freedom website:
Merchants in the Restaurants category are merchants whose primary business is sit-down or eat-in dining, including fast food restaurants as well as fine dining establishments. Please note that some merchants that sell food and drinks located within larger merchants that sell other goods or services may not be included in this category; for example, sports stadium concessions and department store cafeterias.
Print Wikipost

Chase Freedom 5% Merchant Categories

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2013, 11:31 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xelnaga
Do you guys know if its possible to buy apple products on the amazon website and get the 5% fall bonus category?
Anything that is processed through Amazon and thus charged as an amazon transaction will get the 5%. Know that the quarter limit is $1,500.
Old Oct 27, 2013, 5:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by healthnut
Anything that is processed through Amazon and thus charged as an amazon transaction will get the 5%. Know that the quarter limit is $1,500.
Great, thank you!
Old Oct 27, 2013, 6:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Just to head off the inevitable question, only PURCHASES, not just any payments process by Amazon.

Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:17 am

Would sending money through Amazon payments count for 5% cashback? I suspect its no but just thought I would ask anyways.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:04 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Campath
Would sending money through Amazon payments count for 5% cashback? I suspect its no but just thought I would ask anyways.
Nope, they are not.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 11:58 am

I've been scheming all weekend about how to get the most points for a new MBP purchase, and unfortunately I don't have the Ink card... I think 7,500 points is the best I can do... I can't find other ultimate rewards mall links that give better points.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 1:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by xelnaga
I've been scheming all weekend about how to get the most points for a new MBP purchase, and unfortunately I don't have the Ink card... I think 7,500 points is the best I can do... I can't find other ultimate rewards mall links that give better points.
I agree... I looked through the UR Mall quickly and it doesn't look like you'll be able to tack on any bonus points via a Freedom or CSP for an Apple product. Best other than the 5x would be to go straight through UR Mall with Apple for 2x additional points = 3x points. Not worth it since you can buy Apple Care anywhere!
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Campath
Read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 5:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K and 1MM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Read the post DIRECTLY ABOVE YOURS.
LOL! ^^^
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:01 pm

I agree... I looked through the UR Mall quickly and it doesn't look like you'll be able to tack on any bonus points via a Freedom or CSP for an Apple product. Best other than the 5x would be to go straight through UR Mall with Apple for 2x additional points = 3x points. Not worth it since you can buy Apple Care anywhere!
I guess if you are spending more than $1,500 on a laptop, option 2 will yield you more points, and leave you more capacity in your 5x spend for other purchases.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 2:31 pm

Guys,

If you purchase an Amazon Gift Card online using your Freedom and then use that Amazon Gift Card for Amazon Payment, wouldn't you be able to earn the Freedom Quarter 4 bonus?

The only question is if we can use Amazon Gift Card to send payments on Amazon Payments. Does anyone know if we can?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by cowboyguy
Guys,

If you purchase an Amazon Gift Card online using your Freedom and then use that Amazon Gift Card for Amazon Payment, wouldn't you be able to earn the Freedom Quarter 4 bonus?

The only question is if we can use Amazon Gift Card to send payments on Amazon Payments. Does anyone know if we can?
............interesting.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 3:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by djtsukasa
............interesting.
I see no way to select Amazon GC for AP payment.
Old Nov 1, 2013, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
I see no way to select Amazon GC for AP payment.
........also interesting.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:21 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, DL Gold
2014 Categories

2014 Categories have been posted:

Q1:
Gas stations
Movie theaters
Starbucks® stores

Q2:
Restaurants
Lowe's® home improvement stores

Q3:
Gas stations
Kohl's®

Q4:
Amazon.com
Zappos.com
Select Department stores

Overall pretty good although very heavy on the gas stations which to me personally isn't that impressive since there are a lot of other cards which favor gas stations, I liked having the Freedom for other categories. Still, the Q2 restaurants and Q4 Amazon.com are going to get maxed out. Interesting no supermarkets or drugstores this quarter… maybe too much like the competition or too many Vanilla Reloads at CVS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.