Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for discussion of issues with transfers of UR points to someone else's hotel or airline loyalty program account.

There is a separate thread to discuss transfers of UR points directly into someone else's UR account: Chase closed my Sapphire Preferred account due to transfers to other UR accounts.
Print Wikipost

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by illinidad
Couldn't you just transfer to your own UA account and then book tickets for them? I've done that for my then-minor son. Not ideal, I know, but maybe that would work.
That works but in my case I owe my bro-in-law 150k. I can book for his family, but he has United Platinum status so miles are more versatile to him than to me.
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:28 pm

So sounds like best bet is to make my mother part owner of business, make her AU and then xfer?
Old Jan 26, 2015, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by nic3456
So sounds like best bet is to make my mother part owner of business, make her AU and then xfer?
Can that be done? I added my bro-in-law as AU for my Ink card but the business is still my name (sole prop). How can I go about transferring to his United account?
Old Feb 8, 2015, 7:38 pm

Transfer UR to your spouse of business account?

Originally Posted by al613
When you transfer on the last page you get: "You can transfer points in 1,000 point increments to participating frequent travel program accounts belonging to you, your spouse,domestic partner or, for business cardholders only, to joint business owner(s). If we suspect that you’ve engaged in fraudulent activity related to your credit card account or Ultimate Rewards, or that you've misused Ultimate Rewards in any way (for example by buying or selling points, moving or transferring points with or to an ineligible third party or account, or repeatedly opening or otherwise maintaining credit card accounts for the sole purpose of generating rewards) we may temporarily prohibit you from earning points or using points you've already earned. If we believe you've engaged in any of these acts, we'll close your credit card account and you'll lose all your points."
Does "for business cardholders only, to joint business owner(s)" mean that you can't transfer your UR from business account to your spouse?

Does this mean that you can transfer your UR from business account only to joint owner but not your spouse?

Has anyone transferred UR from business account to your spouse?

Thanks.
Old Feb 8, 2015, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by blueskywcc
Does "for business cardholders only, to joint business owner(s)" mean that you can't transfer your UR from business account to your spouse?

Does this mean that you can transfer your UR from business account only to joint owner but not your spouse?

Has anyone transferred UR from business account to your spouse?

Thanks.
If you're that worried, transfer it to a personal UR account, then from there to your spouse?
Old Feb 9, 2015, 12:04 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Bluesky, it means nothing of that sort! ALL accounts may transfer to self or spouse/ DP, but "business cardholders only" enjoy the added privilege of transferring "to joint business owner(s)."
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:13 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Has anyone done a UR transfer, using a business account, and transferred the points to a joint/co-business owner recently (who is not a spouse/domestic partner).

The idea that I would be unable to transfer to a joint business owner is crazy. But I dont see the language on the UR website allowing me to do so anymore.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:06 pm
HCA

Originally Posted by rajuabju
Has anyone done a UR transfer, using a business account, and transferred the points to a joint/co-business owner recently (who is not a spouse/domestic partner).

The idea that I would be unable to transfer to a joint business owner is crazy. But I dont see the language on the UR website allowing me to do so anymore.
Same question here, anyone tried?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:09 pm

I'm trying too. I owe my bro-in-law 150k United miles. I added him as AU on my Ink and I still can't figure a way to transfer miles.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Wish they would be like Amex and allow one to transfer to AUs.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
I have searched this thread as well as others and have not found this question covered. Has anyone had experience transferring UR points to someone else's Korean Air Skypass account? I've done UR to someone else's Hyatt account with no problem but wanted to know about Korean. Thanks.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by friedablass
I have searched this thread as well as others and have not found this question covered. Has anyone had experience transferring UR points to someone else's Korean Air Skypass account? I've done UR to someone else's Hyatt account with no problem but wanted to know about Korean. Thanks.
Be careful transferring to someone not your spouse/SO. Chase is cracking down on transfers.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: UA, SW, US, DL
I read around and think I got the answer but I just wanted to confirm here
Can my wife get a CSP, combine her Freedom and CSP UR points and transfer them to my UA account? I am only short 10k miles from booking both our tickets. From all my reading, seems yes.
Old Apr 11, 2015, 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by slbnoob
I read around and think I got the answer but I just wanted to confirm here
Can my wife get a CSP, combine her Freedom and CSP UR points and transfer them to my UA account? I am only short 10k miles from booking both our tickets. From all my reading, seems yes.
Yes
Old Apr 30, 2015, 10:00 am

Could someone please explain how I would obtain a member ID to transfer to a domestic partner/spouse?

Thanks in advance!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.