Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 20, 2014, 10:02 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
This thread is for discussion of issues with transfers of UR points to someone else's hotel or airline loyalty program account.

There is a separate thread to discuss transfers of UR points directly into someone else's UR account: Chase closed my Sapphire Preferred account due to transfers to other UR accounts.
Print Wikipost

Official: UR hotel/airline xfer only to self/spouse/domestic partner

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by OliverB
Could someone please explain how I would obtain a member ID to transfer to a domestic partner/spouse?

Thanks in advance!
create a chase account for your credit card.

anybody know how long it takes a chase to chase transfer takes? my account shows the activity but the points havent posted yet. i just transferred the points 15 mins ago haha.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 11:30 am

I wanted to xfer 3k Chase points to my wife's Marriott acct since she was just short of an award. I tried to add her Marriott acct info to my Chase acct's transfer feature by clicking on the "spouse" option, but it kept rejecting her account number. I noticed that I have an 8-digit Marriott acct # beginning with "9", while my wife has a newer 9-digit Marriott acct # beginning with "1", so I figured Chase's system just isn't set up yet to accept the new 9-digit format. I called Chase and they were able to add her Marriott acct to my Chase transfer options no problem. It took about 3 days for the transfer to go through. In the mean time, I called Marriott to find out when it might go through, and they told me it was unlikely to go through since the names don't match (we have the same last name, but different first names), which obviously turned out to be wrong, so it sounds like Marriott's customer service department doesn't know how their own system works.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:29 pm

My girlfriend and I share the same address and same last name (common last name), we are good to go in terms of transferring points, yeah?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
My girlfriend and I share the same address and same last name (common last name), we are good to go in terms of transferring points, yeah?
As long as you are comfortable and willing to designate and identify her as your
"spouse".
Old Aug 8, 2015, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
As long as you are comfortable and willing to designate and identify her as your
"spouse".
Yes, will they ask for a marriage license?

Also, is she able to transfer Ink Cash points into my CSP?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA, B6, UA, HH, WoH
Originally Posted by SuperKirby
Yes, will they ask for a marriage license?

Also, is she able to transfer Ink Cash points into my CSP?
Nah, I was just kidding. No marriage license required. Just have to check the box "spouse".
Yes, she can transfer from her Ink Cash to your CSP.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by BOSOGG
Nah, I was just kidding. No marriage license required. Just have to check the box "spouse".
Yes, she can transfer from her Ink Cash to your CSP.
Lol, i took it seriously.

cool!
Old Aug 9, 2015, 4:35 pm

Is it OK if my sister transfers her UR points to my UR account, we have the same billing address and the same last name?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:27 pm

My mom has the CSP and want to add my sister as an authorized user. My sister only has the Chase Freedom card right now. As an authorized user, will my sister be able to transfer her points from her Freedom card to the CSP account?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:46 pm

Just to confirm, my mom can transfer point into my FF accounts from the Ink for the business that we co-own (a real business, by the way). Is that correct?
Old Nov 9, 2015, 3:39 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Ethics of this aside quickly...

I have 60k Ultimate Rewards points, and I'm about to cancel the credit card. I want to transfer them to a friends Korean Air account so he can make a booking on it. How likely are they to catch it (will it even go through) before the card is cancelled?

My plan is transfer points to friends -> have friend book award ticket -> cancel card.

No other open chase cards on the account.

Best,

Acrbag
Old Nov 9, 2015, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Its not a matter of ethics when those scumbags at chase are involved. The real question is whether your friend will get hosed. I mean even if it goes thru and you get out unscathed and he books his award, now they could still nail him for receiving the points and take whatever he has left.

I am assuming the 60k will shore up his account for an award he needs. If so then yeah you kinda have to weigh the risk and maybe proceed. But if the 60k happens to be exactly the ammt needed for said award, then why dont you just xfer to your acct and book it for him? Much safer if doable.

Or maybe find another friend who needs a 60k award of something--like maybe hyatt or something--and do a three way trade. You book for one, he for the other, and so on.

Hyatt has its own benefits such as the legitimate ability to xfer points to any member with the use of a simple form.

More involved, I know, but far more safe and secure to put em all into your hyatt and work trades after you cxl that cc.

Originally Posted by Acrbag

I have 60k Ultimate Rewards points, and I'm about to cancel the credit card. I want to transfer them to a friends Korean Air account so he can make a booking on it. How likely are they to catch it (will it even go through) before the card is cancelled?

My plan is transfer points to friends -> have friend book award ticket -> cancel card.

Best,

Acrbag
Old Nov 11, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Why is it an ethics problem? You have earned your 60k points and can transfer/cash them at any time. You don't have to keep the card open after you cash out.
Originally Posted by Acrbag

Best,

Acrbag
Old Nov 13, 2015, 3:34 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...-accounts.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.