Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:09 am

I get the same security error. This is incompetence at the most fundamental level - and scary for customers.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:49 am

this issue still isnt fixed.... seriously...
Old Dec 25, 2016, 8:18 pm

Sapphire Preferred does NOT qualify for Luxury Hotels

Tried booking with a Sapphire Preferred and kept getting an error message. Called 866-973-2911, the phone number for Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection, and they confirmed that the Sapphire Preferred does not qualify. Only the Sapphire Reserve or United Explorer cards will qualify for actual bookings. You can use your Preferred card to see availability and benefits, but not for actual bookings.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 11:50 am

Has anyone experienced problems with using this service as part of the Chase Sapphire Reserve Benefit?

I've been trying a hotel which falls under the LHRC's properties, but there is no availability on their site for any day in March. I find this absurd given the large number of rooms available on the hotel's website.

After calling the, I was told they only have a certain number of rooms available for this offer and apparently none were available at the hotel I wanted for an entire month.
Old Jan 30, 2017, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Has anyone used this benefit:

The following amenities are subject to availability at the time of booking:
Upgrade
(the benefits shows on certain properties as an unique amenity)

I see a property room that is $500 a night and the next room is a suite that is $1000+ per night. This would be awesome if it actually works.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:50 pm

Question about LHRC

Hey guys,

Today I called LHRC, because I noticed that the price for a hotel I had booked went way down. They told me that the price I will pay is not the one that I booked the hotel for, but it will be a price set by the hotel while I am visiting. Is this true? It sounds very weird to me.
Essentially they made it sound like the price I was shown is just a price holder.

Thanks!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:11 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The LHRC is a Chase card benefit. So I am going to move this to the appropriate credit card forum where I believe they will comment more widely.

RichardInSF, moderator, luxury hotels
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:56 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Please add LHRC to the glossary for those who do not know what it means.
Old Feb 11, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by abaabe10
Hey guys,

Today I called LHRC, because I noticed that the price for a hotel I had booked went way down. They told me that the price I will pay is not the one that I booked the hotel for, but it will be a price set by the hotel while I am visiting. Is this true? It sounds very weird to me.
Essentially they made it sound like the price I was shown is just a price holder.

Thanks!
Nope. Price as booked will be the price you pay. Imagine your reaction if the price went up after booking.

Cancel and rebook at new price.
Old Feb 20, 2017, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by AFAM-DFW
Nope. Price as booked will be the price you pay. Imagine your reaction if the price went up after booking.

Cancel and rebook at new price.
What about if the price went down ?
Is that in vegas
Old Feb 21, 2017, 9:13 am

CSR Hotel Benefit Question

Hi All,

I've got a stay coming up at the Hyatt Grand Cypress next month in Orlando. I used my two free nights from my Hyatt card for this reservation (that I made last fall prior to getting the CSR).

I see now that said hotel has a free breakfast and free upgrade perk listed for CSR holders. Is there anyway I could take advantage of that? I figure probably not but that it didn't hurt to ask.

Thanks all
Old Feb 22, 2017, 6:16 am

I assume you are talking about free breakfast through the luxury hotel collection or the visa infinite hotel thing. If that's the case then unfortunately not. You can't combine the benefits of these if it's booked through another method.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 9:40 pm

Yep...and thanks! I figured...
Old Mar 9, 2017, 2:44 pm

Experts please help.

I made a reservation to Aria resorts, Las Vegas through LHR.
LHR clearly stated
(* Price displayed is the starting from average price for the nights selected and is for the total amount based on double occupancy and your search parameters. Rate is inclusive of hotel taxes; resort fees may be additional.).

Price Per Stay : $279 (Inclusive of taxes)

Resort fees+ taxes ~ 44 will be added once i checkout at hotel.

Now, I am seeing a pending charge of $279 + 37.33 tax (13.38% room tax) = 316.33.

Is this normal ?

Last edited by tarangzin; Mar 9, 2017 at 2:56 pm
Old Mar 12, 2017, 10:25 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by tarangzin
Experts please help.

I made a reservation to Aria resorts, Las Vegas through LHR.
LHR clearly stated
(* Price displayed is the starting from average price for the nights selected and is for the total amount based on double occupancy and your search parameters. Rate is inclusive of hotel taxes; resort fees may be additional.).

Price Per Stay : $279 (Inclusive of taxes)

Resort fees+ taxes ~ 44 will be added once i checkout at hotel.

Now, I am seeing a pending charge of $279 + 37.33 tax (13.38% room tax) = 316.33.

Is this normal ?
There's a difference in the terms and conditions from your initial starting page, where it says room rate is inclusive of taxes --- to subsequent pages in the booking process, where it says room taxes are in addition to the room rate.

I'd push back at LHRC now and get them to clarify the difference in how they present it on their website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.