Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2024, 1:03 pm

I'm thinking of booking a hotel through Chase LHRC for my CSR. Am I reading correctly that I can use points at 1.5 cents/point and that the points (as well as the cash portion, since I don't have enough points) are fully refundable if I cancel, subject to the hotel's cancelation timing policy? Using points means I have to pay with points and cash now, rather than paying at the hotel.

Will there be any hassle with Chase if I decide to cancel?

Apologies if this is repetitious.

Last edited by richarddd; Feb 17, 2024 at 1:09 pm
Old Feb 17, 2024, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by richarddd
I'm thinking of booking a hotel through Chase LHRC for my CSR. Am I reading correctly that I can use points at 1.5 cents/point and that the points (as well as the cash portion, since I don't have enough points) are fully refundable if I cancel, subject to the hotel's cancelation timing policy? Using points means I have to pay with points and cash now, rather than paying at the hotel.

Will there be any hassle with Chase if I decide to cancel?

Apologies if this is repetitious.
I've booked & canceled numerous stays and never had a problem getting $$ and UR pts returned.
richarddd likes this.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
I've booked & canceled numerous stays and never had a problem getting $$ and UR pts returned.
That's good to hear. It just seems odd to have a prepaid refundable booking.
Old Feb 17, 2024, 7:34 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
That's good to hear. It just seems odd to have a prepaid refundable booking.
It wouldn't make much sense to have a refundable non-prepaid booking
Old Feb 19, 2024, 3:50 pm

1) Earlier posts in this thread say that you have to call to cancel a reservation. We just booked and the confirmation email includes a link to cancel the reservation. Is this new or did I miss a post?

2) The CSR is in my wife's name. Can I be the primary guest, so that I can get the hotel points and elite benefits, as applicable?
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:13 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75k, DL Silver Medallion
First time using CSR for LHRC booking this weekend.

At Raffles Boston, like hurijo mentioned the breakfast credits did not list on the folio (while the gratuity did); on the other hand, a room service order showed in its full amount and the $100 dining credit was subtracted as a separate line item.

I'd forgotten at check in that I'd booked using the CSR, thinking it was an Amex reservation. It didn't matter, though; the stay was billed to the CSR as I'd intended, and only our additional incidentals went on the other card presented at check in.

The property left not one but two personalized notes in our room (from the butler and from the manager) as well as a plate of macarons and a bowl of fruit, one of which was probably our welcome gift.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 9:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
....link to cancel the reservation. Is this new
Until recently LHRC had a separate booking site, but now it has been folded into the main Chase Travel portal.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by mia
Until recently LHRC had a separate booking site, but now it has been folded into the main Chase Travel portal.
I noticed that when you try to do a search and it asks which card you a logging in with, if you select Sapphire/JP Morgan Reserve, it will take you to the Chase Travel Portal, which is harder to use for just LHRC. But if you click you're using the United Mileage Plus card, and still use the first 6 digits of your Sapphire Reserve card, it will take you to the old LHRC portal which will only list LHRC hotels. I have booked this way using my Reserve card and did not have any issues with my booking/check-in.
747FC and willoL like this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 6:12 am

If you cancel a reservation made with cash and points, how long does it take for the points to be refunded? A hotel has lowered its rates, so I'd like to cancel and rebook.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by mia
True but now it's impossible to tell which hotels are part of it. There's a banner that says "The Edit" but there's no way to tell when you're looking at a hotel if it is part of the program and if you get benefits. The old LHR site won't let you search for hotels either.
I'm trying to figure out if Intercontinental or another hotel in Ljubljana are in it.

Update: It turns out to be way easier and less expensive with the Amex platinum card equivalent.

Is it very common actually get room upgrades with these programs?

Last edited by qofmiwok; Mar 4, 2024 at 6:22 pm
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:47 pm

We reserved a hotel through LHRC a few weeks ago. I wanted to make a change but the dates I wanted, as well as every other date I checked, shows "sold out". Looking at the hotel web site, nothing is sold out.

Why would this happen?
Old Mar 5, 2024, 11:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
We reserved a hotel through LHRC a few weeks ago. I wanted to make a change but the dates I wanted, as well as every other date I checked, shows "sold out". Looking at the hotel web site, nothing is sold out.

Why would this happen?
Guess: hotel reached their max allowable number of Chase LHC packages per time period
Old Mar 6, 2024, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Guess: hotel reached their max allowable number of Chase LHC packages per time period
Seems a reasonable guess. FWIW, it appears to be available through Amex FHR but at a very inflated rate. It's also available through travel agents, with the usual amenities, for about the hotel rate.
747FC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.