Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Old Aug 17, 2021, 1:36 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by writetorich
All Virtuoso booking earn points ,As do FHR online bookings.
FHR bookings only earn points with Hyatt as a matter of policy. With Marriott it is much hit or miss. Not many Hilton FHR hotels anyway but I'm guessing it's somewhere in between the two.
Old Oct 7, 2021, 7:39 pm

Guys,

A friend made a LHRC booking for me in Las Vegas using his Chase Credit card as the qualifying card but I was going to pay with my (non-Chase) credit card at the property. Now I'm beginning to wonder if this is going to be a problem and I should cancel and boook myself through some other portal.

Any advice?

FWIW, I do bank with Chase and have their debit card.

Thanks
Old Oct 11, 2021, 6:25 am

It has been a while since I’ve used LHRC but using a different card wasn’t an issue. I used a 5X Amex at check in with no questions about the card type.

FWIW, I also search classictravel.com for Virtuoso rates to compare. They offer online cancellations, LHRC required a phone call but this might have changed.

Last edited by AFAM-DFW; Oct 11, 2021 at 6:57 am
Old Dec 29, 2021, 4:26 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I will never understand why there just cannot be transparency up front. The price is the price and I respect that, just do not hide it from the customer.
Old Jan 4, 2022, 4:29 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Did they change the benefits for the MGM Las Vegas hotels? They now list for the MGM Grand
Cardmember Benefits**
  • Breakfast daily ($15 credit per person for up to 2 people for purchased rooms or one-bedroom suites)
  • $30 Food & Beverage credit, per room, per day (3 day maximum)
  • Daily $5 Wi-Fi credit applied toward Daily Resort Fee, subject to applicable tax
Old Jan 4, 2022, 7:04 pm

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Did they change the benefits for the MGM Las Vegas hotels? They now list for the MGM Grand
Yes, Unfortunately.
https://www.flyinghighonpoints.com/m...m-life-hotels/
Old Jan 4, 2022, 10:33 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Did they change the benefits for the MGM Las Vegas hotels?
First no Hyatt points, now this.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 3:58 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I had a very mixed experience using LHRC. Great rate at a hotel that is not in the AmEx FHR program. LHRC included its usual benefits (breakfast/upgrade/resort credit) so I booked it. I needed to cancel as the trip was postponed until later in the year. That should have been easy; it was a fully flexible booking and wasn't even a pre-paid, so should have been super easy. Cannot do it online so I called the number in the confirmation email. They needed to verify my credit card number which apparently wasn't working on their end, so they transferred me to Chase card services. Chase was confused why I was calling them for an LHRC booking so they transferred me back. It went on like that for two rounds of transfers until someone at Chase understood the problem. She then separately called the 800-number in the confirmation (I dictated her the info) and patched me in. I meanwhile had tried calling the hotel directly to cancel but they wouldn't touch it since it's an agency booking. All in all it took 1 hour 12 minutes and multiple LHRC and Chase reps to cancel the reservation.

I really like the value of this program on paper but I'll be very careful about using it in the future unless it's a property not offered by AmEx or Virtuoso agents.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by Adelphos
Has anyone figured out whether these bookings earn 10x/5x points on Chase Sapphire Reserve/Preferred?
They do not.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 10:29 am

Yes. Try to cancel a LHRC booking is time consuming. It took an hour last time becaUse the phone rep couldn’t find my booking despite having a confirmation number and trip ID.
Old Feb 22, 2022, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by neuro0
Yes. Try to cancel a LHRC booking is time consuming. It took an hour last time becaUse the phone rep couldnt find my booking despite having a confirmation number and trip ID.
I'm in the same boat. How did you remedy the situtation?
Old Feb 25, 2022, 3:26 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shablagoo
I'm in the same boat. How did you remedy the situtation?
Keep calling and eventually...you will find someone who can figure out how to help. This seems a major gap in the program.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 1:01 pm

Programs: Au: UA, Marriott, Hilton; GE
Fairmont Waterfront Vancouver

Great experience at Fairmont Waterfront. Booked a Gold waterfront view for two nights pre-cruise. After a red-eye, arrived at hotel at 0730. Got room immediately and also immediate access to the lounge. While there is no late checkout benefit , one was given to us.
mia likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2022, 11:50 pm

If my Marriott Boundless card gets past the 6-digit check after I click United, can I still book and receive LHR benefits, or will they be clawed back once I have booked with another card?
Old Jan 22, 2023, 1:30 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Adelphos
Has anyone figured out whether these bookings earn 10x/5x points on Chase Sapphire Reserve/Preferred?
Saw the answer from early 2022 was 3x, but there current CSR T&C lead me to believe its 10x. Which one is it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.