Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Old Sep 26, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by abaheti
Thanks. Let me try again! Will post here if it works.
FWIW, I initiated my most recent LHC dispute with Chase on Twitter, and Chase social media rep escalated to Chase Marketing, who control the outflow of points apparently.
abaheti likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Persistence is key since there's going to be a lot of run-around for +7x at a high-dollar spend.

LHC not being eligible is a new twist, and I'm unsure if / when that became accurate. I'm now chasing down 10x points from a late summer LHC stay that erroneously posted at 3x. Will let you know how it develops / ends.
Twitter: No, LHC is not eligible.
Call: Rep put in an escalation ticket because she agreed the stay should credit at 10x. What's new to me is that she said Travel credits at 3x and then 2 cycles later credits at an additional 7x.
abaheti and candgfan like this.
Old Oct 19, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depends
OK, it finally worked... 3 email exchanges and weeks, but they just put the extra points in my account. I don't know if it was worth the trouble, frankly, but it just became a thing. I resorted to screen shots of my Chase account showing the actual transaction and the booking. It got bounced around a few times and finally handled. Sigh.
Old Oct 20, 2023, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
OK, it finally worked... 3 email exchanges and weeks, but they just put the extra points in my account. I don't know if it was worth the trouble, frankly, but it just became a thing. I resorted to screen shots of my Chase account showing the actual transaction and the booking. It got bounced around a few times and finally handled. Sigh.
That's encouraging news. My escalation is still being reviewed. Interestingly, I received a promo email showing LHC crediting at 3x.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 3:44 am

Programs: UA GS>1K>Nothing; DL PM 2MM; AS 75K>Nothing>MVP
What a complete POS.
1. Tried to book with Sapphire Reserve, I just see the rack rates with no member benefits
2. Using the first 6 digits of United Club Card, it works fine until I get to payment and click on Complete Checkout. Then it just hangs.
3. Tried calling Chase. Transferred to no fewer than 5 agents. None of them had clue.

I'm applying for an Amex card in the morning.
Old Nov 10, 2023, 11:57 pm

That's encouraging news. My escalation is still being reviewed. Interestingly, I received a promo email showing LHC crediting at 3x.
Got snail mail this week: "nope, it's 3x." I could argue, "That's not what the T&Cs said at the time of booking," but it seems like a losing battle.

So long, 10x for LHC.
Old Nov 15, 2023, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by dll
I had a very mixed experience using LHRC. Great rate at a hotel that is not in the AmEx FHR program. LHRC included its usual benefits (breakfast/upgrade/resort credit) so I booked it. I needed to cancel as the trip was postponed until later in the year. That should have been easy; it was a fully flexible booking and wasn't even a pre-paid, so should have been super easy. Cannot do it online so I called the number in the confirmation email. They needed to verify my credit card number which apparently wasn't working on their end, so they transferred me to Chase card services. Chase was confused why I was calling them for an LHRC booking so they transferred me back. It went on like that for two rounds of transfers until someone at Chase understood the problem. She then separately called the 800-number in the confirmation (I dictated her the info) and patched me in. I meanwhile had tried calling the hotel directly to cancel but they wouldn't touch it since it's an agency booking. All in all it took 1 hour 12 minutes and multiple LHRC and Chase reps to cancel the reservation.

I really like the value of this program on paper but I'll be very careful about using it in the future unless it's a property not offered by AmEx or Virtuoso agents.
by the way, exact same thing happened to me. finally they found my information by just me providing the name, hotel, dates, etc. The supervisor then said they were able to see the "Trip ID" in a different field on their screens... its called "SUPER PNR" so if anyone has this issue, have them lookup the Trip ID in that field.
Oh and the deal I got is pretty good. Note that it changed by $100 on and off over a 4 week period, so keep checking. I booked at a decent rate, then when it went down $100 I canceled and rebooked.
Old Dec 1, 2023, 3:33 pm

hello~ question
can i use other Chase Cards to book and actual stay than United/CSR?
can i even use non chase VISA/MASTER card?
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:09 am

Originally Posted by mercury83j
hello~ question
can i use other Chase Cards to book and actual stay than United/CSR?
can i even use non chase VISA/MASTER card?
Yes, with LHC through the Chase Travel portal, you're only making a reservation. You pay the bill at the hotel, which is why Chase now explicitly states LHC credits at 3x, not 10x.
Old Dec 2, 2023, 11:39 am

Yes, with LHC through the Chase Travel portal, you're only making a reservation. You pay the bill at the hotel, which is why Chase now explicitly states LHC credits at 3x, not 10x.
thanks Ekeko!
now i wonder if there's diff between LHRC website vs "through the Chase Portal" hm....
Old Jan 2, 2024, 12:46 pm

Just to share my experience for Las Vegas. Booked with Caesars Palace and Nobu Hotel (I booked 4 rooms for 3 nights and hopped between Caesars-Nobu-Caesars to maximize F/B credit. Each room got the F/B credit.). The price you see on the LHRC website includes the resort fee, however after you book you will only be charged the rate without the resort fee. Resort fee will be charged after checking in. Also, I think this is specific to Caesars Palace/Nobu Hotel, but they did not differentiate between the $60 breakfast credit and the $100 F/B credit (ie you can spend all $160 on dinner). Also, you can spend the food credits at pretty much all food establishments on property, not just the ones they specifically list. Charged Starbucks and food court places to the room and they did not show up on room charges. This is standard, but the F/B credit does not cover tip. The only thing I didn't like was that if F/B charges are covered by the credit, they do not show up on the room folio. I would prefer if all charges showed up on the folio and then F/B credit applied overall, just for tracking purposes.
MDtR-Chicago and willoL like this.
Old Jan 2, 2024, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by mercury83j
thanks Ekeko!
now i wonder if there's diff between LHRC website vs "through the Chase Portal" hm....
Same and stays qualify for 3x, as of mid-2023.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 8:07 pm

how to know the hotel is under lhrc? havent search for so long and Lhrc has combined in Chase travel portal....... only room rate shown but no benefits mentioned, how to know are they under lhrc properties? Thanks!!
Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:07 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by Milesyst
how to know the hotel is under lhrc? ....
The LHRC properties are marked, like this:

Old Feb 13, 2024, 9:22 pm

Thanks! no wonder the country I search has no lhrc properties........ sad

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.