Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Secure Messages Reply function not working as expected.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Is it just me or is there not a way to reply to chase secure messages? There's a reply button but you cannot send anything.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 1:54 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
I....There's a reply button but you cannot send anything.
Are you experiencing this problem in a smartphone app or website? If app, iOS or Android? If website, which browsers have you tried?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Are you experiencing this problem in a smartphone app or website? If app, iOS or Android? If website, which browsers have you tried?

Tried on Chase app on Android, on Chrome and Safari on my Mac. Appears to all be greyed out. Here's a screenshot. "Send" appears greyed out.

Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
Originally Posted by mrcaptain
Tried on Chase app on Android, on Chrome and Safari on my Mac. Appears to all be greyed out. Here's a screenshot. "Send" appears greyed out.

Are you still logged (and haven't timed-out)?
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by txpenny
Are you still logged (and haven't timed-out)?
Yup, still logged in and not timed out. I've never been able to respond to chase secure messages. Was curious if it's just me.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Have you tried tapping the grey Send word? On the website, using Chrome, it is grey until I click on it once, then it is blue and I can send.
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 7, 2022, 2:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mia
Have you tried tapping the grey Send word? On the website, using Chrome, it is grey until I click on it once, then it is blue and I can send.
That worked! thanks so much!
Old Apr 7, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
Also, I have found that if you click "send (or add) attachment"(can't remember the exact word) whether you have an attachment to send or not, clears it up so your message can be sent. But I'll try tapping the word "send" next time, thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2022, 4:43 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mia
Of course I'm not sure, but my recollection is that clicking anywhere in the browser window outside the composition box (or tabbing to get outside it) will enable the Send button.
Old Nov 7, 2023, 10:35 am
RNE

I sent a SM yesterday, asking to close a card. Normally, closure requests happen without a hitch. This time however, although Chase stated that my card was closed, it was not closed. I had to send another SM this morning. They replied, apologizing for the oversight. Now, the card is closed. R.I.P.

RNE, reminding everyone to doublecheck, particularly if you're closing a card shortly before its AF becomes non-refundable.
notquiteaff and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Mar 7, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: Marriott Platium. Hyatt Globlist. United Member. WN A-list w/CP. Frontier Elite 100K.
Well, I was having this issue--today I wrote my message elsewhere and copied and pasted it and the message box.. I was only able to type one character. in the message box but this worked.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 7:28 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MileHighColorado
Well, I was having this issue--today I wrote my message elsewhere and copied and pasted it and the message box.. I was only able to type one character. in the message box but this worked.
Off-topic for this thread, but I experienced the same anomaly (only able to type one character in a text field) at the IHG web site while trying to add a second name to a reservation. Same solution; type the information somewhere else, copy and paste.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.