Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:07 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by EkekoBWI
Saw the answer from early 2022 was 3x, but there current CSR T&C lead me to believe its 10x. Which one is it?
Resolved: LHC is 3x despite being booked through Chase Travel. Knowing that would not have changed my booking decision, but I think the T&Cs could be more prominent.
Old Apr 3, 2023, 2:28 pm

Resolved: LHC is 3x despite being booked through Chase Travel. Knowing that would not have changed my booking decision, but I think the T&Cs could be more prominent.
Nope, Chase Sapphire Reserve rep reversed their decision--LHC is eligible at 10x, just like all other hotels through Chase Travel--but Chase now is claiming hotel reception is to blame for points not crediting. Any other Chase number I should be calling to straighten this out?
Old Apr 3, 2023, 4:29 pm

Programs: HH, PC, SPG, MR, GP, US, UA, AA
It appears that one can no longer input the first 6 digits of Chase card on lhrc site?

Old Apr 13, 2023, 9:33 pm

Update: Chase reversed its earlier decision and awarded me 10x.
candgfan and aesoprocky like this.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by rdchen
It appears that one can no longer input the first 6 digits of Chase card on lhrc site?
Seems they culled quite a number of cards out of LHRC eligibility.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 11:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Do you have the impression that this is an exception that they made for you, or a policy change?
Old Apr 15, 2023, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by mia
Do you have the impression that this is an exception that they made for you, or a policy change?
Tough to say--it was a bizarre series of exchanges over the past 6 weeks that--in the spirit of helping others--I'll paraphrase here:
You didn't book it through the official site. Yes I did, and here's the confirmation email.
LHC only credits 3x. The T&Cs state all Chase Travel credits at 10x.
You checked in at the hotel incorrectly. I showed the confirmation email and provided the CSR I booked with.
Old Jul 2, 2023, 5:16 am

Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this question in, I'm new to the forum.

Was wondering if anyone knew if breakfast credit can be combined with food/beverage credit for Chase LHRC hotels if your breakfast exceeds the breakfast credit amount, on bookings that offer both breakfast credit of $30/pp and $100 food and beverage credit?
Old Jul 8, 2023, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by RiceTriangle
Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this question in, I'm new to the forum.

Was wondering if anyone knew if breakfast credit can be combined with food/beverage credit for Chase LHRC hotels if your breakfast exceeds the breakfast credit amount, on bookings that offer both breakfast credit of $30/pp and $100 food and beverage credit?
Yes. IME, all food and beverage costs get itemized and summed and then the Chase credit ($100) gets debited at check-out. The Chase food and beverage credit can also be applied to room service fees and tips.
Old Aug 3, 2023, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA MM/Gold; WN A-list; HH something depending; Marriott Gold
Just stayed at the Claremont Fairmont in Berkeley, California. The rate seemed great (like $375 or so), got $100 food credit, breakfast for 2 ($30 per person), 2 drinks (bartender poured most expensive champagne he had, so say $60-$70). The rate was silent on resort fees but when I called in to cancel another reservation Chase told me I would have to pay any resort fees, but taxes, etc. were included. Fine. Somehow I am paying just under $10 more than the rate cited. I'm curious if this is typical or a quirk of this hotel -- or that I just am not understanding how the bill should have been calculated. Should the LHR rate be precise or are the usually little odds and ends that don't tally up? More out of curiosity because I don't feel like dealing with the call center.
Old Sep 3, 2023, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by rdchen

Click the United one and you can input your 6 digits. Used my Chase Ink and it works still.
Old Sep 8, 2023, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Just stayed at the Claremont Fairmont in Berkeley, California. The rate seemed great (like $375 or so), got $100 food credit, breakfast for 2 ($30 per person), 2 drinks (bartender poured most expensive champagne he had, so say $60-$70). The rate was silent on resort fees but when I called in to cancel another reservation Chase told me I would have to pay any resort fees, but taxes, etc. were included. Fine. Somehow I am paying just under $10 more than the rate cited. I'm curious if this is typical or a quirk of this hotel -- or that I just am not understanding how the bill should have been calculated. Should the LHR rate be precise or are the usually little odds and ends that don't tally up? More out of curiosity because I don't feel like dealing with the call center.
DPs this year: 1 spot on, 1 with a $20 difference in my favor. Both were credited at 3x with CSR and required numerous calls to credit at 10x.
abaheti likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 8:42 am

Are there magic words? I sent a message requesting 10x and got this, which is also weird because I paid use CSR at the hotel not with points. They say LHR Is excluded? Maybe I'm not understanding the rules from up thread.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your account concerning non receipt of bonus points. Yes, you do earn 10 total points per $1 on hotel and car rentals purchased through Ultimate Rewards (excluding The Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection). Arun, upon review we found that the July 26, 2023 hotel charge was made using 24,897 points and not purchased through Ultimate Rewards. Hence, you did not receive 10x bonus points for this redemption.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by abaheti
Are there magic words? I sent a message requesting 10x and got this, which is also weird because I paid use CSR at the hotel not with points. They say LHR Is excluded? Maybe I'm not understanding the rules from up thread.

We appreciate the opportunity to review your account concerning non receipt of bonus points. Yes, you do earn 10 total points per $1 on hotel and car rentals purchased through Ultimate Rewards (excluding The Luxury Hotel and Resort Collection). Arun, upon review we found that the July 26, 2023 hotel charge was made using 24,897 points and not purchased through Ultimate Rewards. Hence, you did not receive 10x bonus points for this redemption.
Persistence is key since there's going to be a lot of run-around for +7x at a high-dollar spend.

LHC not being eligible is a new twist, and I'm unsure if / when that became accurate. I'm now chasing down 10x points from a late summer LHC stay that erroneously posted at 3x. Will let you know how it develops / ends.
Old Sep 24, 2023, 9:17 pm

Thanks. Let me try again! Will post here if it works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.