Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by mia
What, specifically, is your concern?
That https://reserve.lhrcollection.com and https://www.lhrcollection.com are different levels of service.

Originally Posted by Bushwcked
Hey all,
New to the site and this is my first post. I recently took a trip to Las Vegas. Booked through chase luxury hotels and resorts collection for two nights at the aria in Las Vegas. Was quoted $378.40 for two nights. This rate excludes taxes and resort fees. When I booked the room I was charged a deposit of the first night including taxes. So charged 203.18. As I'm checking in the price they are looking to charge me is 562.82(tax,resort fee included.) at the time I didn't think anything of it and just got my room key and went on my way to enjoy my two nights.
On the way home I'm looking over the bill and notice I got overcharged by close to $100(quick calculation estimate)So I call chase luxury hotel collection to inquire about the over charge. Csr calls Aria to confirm the charges, and comes back on to my line to inform me that she did confirm the total amount charged to my card but unable to get a detailed billing from them. I inform her I have the detailed bill and read off the charges. She places me on hold again and comes back and says it does look like I was over charged $40. She says she can credit my acccount 3,000 points. As I'm looking for my cash back, she informs me it's not possible because The money was taken from the Aria already. So being angry I say if that's my only option and quickly get off the phone.(I'm not one to be confrontational, most of the time I would just eat the the money lost in a situation like this).
Once I have some free time to do the hard calculations I noticed she calculated wrong. She was calculating the higher room rate tax and missed about $50 in overcharges. Still debating on calling back to inform them they are still short on their totals. Another hour phone call might just be worth eating the $50.

Paying $450 for a credit card(csr) and spending $50k on it last year this is not the service I expect. time to start looking into the American Express platinum.

TlDR.: overcharged about $100 and got compensated 3,000 points.

Don't use chase luxury hotel and resort collection.
I'll start by saying that yes, I believe that CSR should provide you with better customer service. However, did you call the Luxury Hotel and Resort customer service line or the CSR customer service line? I bet that the main CSR line would be able to help you more.

That said, I think you calculations are incorrect if you think you've been overcharged by $100. If your room rate is $378.40 BEFORE taxes and resort fees:

$378.40 + 13.36% = $428.95
Resort fees: $39 x 2 = $78 + 13.36% = $88.42
$428.95 + $88.42 = $517.37

If you were charged $562.82 in total, it looks like you were overcharged $45.45, not $100. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in understanding this calculation.

Last edited by joe318; Sep 23, 2017 at 9:00 pm Reason: Slight corrections to the numbers
Old Sep 23, 2017, 5:51 pm

I called the main chase number then got transferred to the hotel collection csr. I will be calling again and will report back.

Also, You are not counting for the fact that I paid an average of $210 a night and not the $180.

Originally Posted by joe318

I'll start by saying that yes, I believe that CSR should provide you with better customer service. However, did you call the Luxury Hotel and Resort customer service line or the CSR customer service line? I bet that the main CSR line would be able to help you more.

That said, I think you calculations are incorrect if you think you've been overcharged by $100. If your room rate is $378.40 BEFORE taxes and resort fees:

$378.40 + 13.36% = $429.03
Resort fees: $39 x 2 = $78 + 13.36% = $91.36
$429.03 + $91.36 = $520.39

If you were charged $562.82 in total, it looks like you were overcharged $42.43, not $100. Someone correct me if I'm wrong in understanding this calculation.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 8:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bushwcked
I called the main chase number then got transferred to the hotel collection csr. I will be calling again and will report back.

Also, You are not counting for the fact that I paid an average of $210 a night and not the $180.
If my calculations are accurate, then you were supposed to be charged $517.37 for two nights based on the rate you quoted BEFORE taxes and resort fees (which you yourself said is $378.40). You were charged $562.82 in total, meaning you were overcharged $45.45, not $100. Where are you getting an average of $210 or $180 per night from? $378.40/2 = 189.20/per night and that's BEFORE taxes and daily resort fee (+ taxes). You were never paying an average of $180/night AFTER taxes and daily resort fee (+ taxes) based on the rate you were quoted.

Last edited by joe318; Sep 23, 2017 at 9:04 pm
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:17 pm

Can anyone confirm that you receive stay credit if booked through Chase Luxury Hotel Collection for Hyatt? I did a search and I believe the answer is yes, but I just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 8:16 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Can anyone confirm that you receive stay credit if booked through Chase Luxury Hotel Collection for Hyatt? I did a search and I believe the answer is yes, but I just want to confirm.

Thanks in advance.
I have lots of experience with Hyatt credit for MGM properties booked through Chase Luxury Hotel Collection (works great), but not sure if I've directly stayed at a Hyatt property.
cruisingmickey likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by rm456
Having issues understanding if this reservation is refundable or not:

In the email, under the price, it clearly states "non-refundable". However, the policies section says:

Cancellation CXL BY 1500 HOTEL TIME ON 10JUN17-FEE 1 NIGHT-INCL TAX-FEES-. CANCEL BY 12AM THREE DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL OR 1 NIGHT PENALTY

I'm having issues understanding the difference between the two, and the non-refundable banner up top. Starting date of stay is June 13, so the 3 days versus midnight is only that single day. Does that mean that if I cancel on June 9th, it's full refund, but the 10th from 12am until 3pm is 1 night? Or is that irrelevant because it just can't be cancelled?

I haven't paid anything yet, and I'm also fearful reading some of the recent posts here given that I did book this all on a CSP, and not a CSR.
Bumping this up, does anyone know the answer? The banner says non-refundable, but the policies say cancel by (3 days before) to avoid penalty (the word non-refundable did not appear anywhere during reservation, only at the email confirmation).
Old Nov 20, 2017, 11:01 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by nk15
Bumping this up, does anyone know the answer? The banner says non-refundable, but the policies say cancel by (3 days before) to avoid penalty (the word non-refundable did not appear anywhere during reservation, only at the email confirmation).
It is refundable. I had booked a hotel for December and noticed the price dropped. I called Chase up and asked if I can cancel and they said yes. So I cancelled on the phone and re-booked online at the lower price.
Old Dec 26, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: Coffee Shop Buy 10 Get 1 Free
Maybe this is a stupid question, but is there just a general directory of hotels that participate in this program? Without just searching areas and hoping something pops up?
Old Dec 27, 2017, 9:17 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Here's a data point, I had booked my room at the Willard through LHC at the rate of $228.45 pre-tax per night. When I checked out, they actually charged me the current hotel rate of $199.00 pre-tax per night. My total cost was $225.37 after taxes which included a $100 credit and free breakfast, which essentially means my room was about $100 after tax. It also counted as a qualified stay and I got my IHG points as well. I'm going to have to use LHC more often.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 7:52 pm

Is there a Pragmatic difference in "the level of service

Originally Posted by joe318
So, I made two reservations, one through https://reserve.lhrcollection.com and https://www.lhrcollection.com with my CSR. They seem like the same thing, but the latter makes references to the United MileagePlus and also gives a different phone number than when I booked through the Reserve profile. Should I be worried?
reserve ....requires preregistration
where as the old one did not.

once you get a receipt an Chase's name is not on it is it stackable with cit pay 4 get one free. figure does not hurt to ask sevral months ago CHASE LHR had a bug it omitted taxes and fees. Now it seem not to allow one night booking while virturuso has no problem with this,
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
How many rooms can one cardholder book through LHC, and still receive the benefits for each room? I am planning a bachelor party and plan on doing a multi-room booking.
Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:40 pm

Has anybody recently stayed at Aria (Las Vegas) with this rate? The upgrade stipulation from a Deluxe City View (I believe the mean "Strip" view) to Corner Suite seems enticing:
  • One Category Upgrade from Deluxe to Deluxe City View; Deluxe City View to Corner Suite. No upgrade from Corner Suite and above categories
Of course, this is "subject to availability at time of check-in". I am hoping to hear anecdotal evidence of if it actually happens.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:18 am

Every time I travel I cross check with the LHR collection and have found it the same price or more expensive. I'd rather book directly with the hotel company as it may give you more options and upgrades. Kind of a shame because the AMEX version had a lot of great deals.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 6:41 pm

Has anyone booked single nights at different hotels (or the same) in Vegas and just checked/in again? Is there a minimum amount of nights that I'm not seeing in these promotions? Some rooms can be had for $150 or less and come with $100 of credit and breakfast. Can I book one, then move onto another hotel in the same group such as MGM?
Old Jan 30, 2018, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by tearfromred
Has anyone booked single nights at different hotels (or the same) in Vegas and just checked/in again? Is there a minimum amount of nights that I'm not seeing in these promotions? Some rooms can be had for $150 or less and come with $100 of credit and breakfast. Can I book one, then move onto another hotel in the same group such as MGM?
Yes, a one night stay is just as valid as a ten night stay. It does give you incentive to bounce-around between properties, if you don't mind the hassle that it brings.

However; I would be skeptical about booking 10 consecutive one-night reservations at the same property. If you are traveling with another cardholder, you could spend consecutive nights at the same place and alternate between a reservation in your name and the other person's name, but I doubt they would let you do that for anything more than 2x the benefits.

In short, one night stays offer a great value, but I wouldn't get too greedy about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.