Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chase Luxury Hotel Collection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2017, 5:58 pm

Anyone know what this is?

> The following amenities are guaranteed at the time of booking:
> Upgrade to the next room category (Excludes Personality Suite, Grand Hotel Suite or Presidential Suite)

Does that mean you can go ahead and book Room A, and the hotel will upgrade you to Room B (next room category vs Room A) immediately upon confirmation of your booking?

Or does that mean you should book Room B directly, and Room B's price already has the upgrade "discount" reflected on it?

Called Chase LHC and the CSR wasn't clear. Overall, I feel the Chase LHC program is extremely poorly managed for a card with a $450 annual fee.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 10:23 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by SilverGGA
Anyone know what this is?
You may receive better replies if you mention the name of the property.

If it is Raffles Singapore it appears there are five categories, and the offer excludes the three highest. My interpretation is that you book the lowest and will stay in the next category because they have very few of the base category suites:

Accommodation

- 18 Raffles Inc. State-room Suites
- 66 Courtyard and Palm Court Suites
- 12 Personality Suites
- 5 Grand Hotel Suites
- 2 Presidential Suites
-- http://www.raffles.com/singapore/rooms-suites/

It also appears that the identical offer is available through some other agencies, and you might try elsewhere if the service isn't to your liking.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by mia
You may receive better replies if you mention the name of the property.

If it is Raffles Singapore it appears there are five categories, and the offer excludes the three highest. My interpretation is that you book the lowest and will stay in the next category because they have very few of the base category suites:

-- http://www.raffles.com/singapore/rooms-suites/

It also appears that the identical offer is available through some other agencies, and you might try elsewhere if the service isn't to your liking.
Thanks Mia. It is indeed Raffles Singapore.

So should I call Raffles after booking at the lowest (State room) and see if it has been upgraded to Courtyard/Palm? When I called Chase LHR, the representative did not have much idea. The e-mail confirmation doesn't say anything about upgrade.

Btw are you aware of any booking service that gives similar upgrade perks on Marina Sands Singapore? Thanks.

On a separate trip, I am looking at Blakely in New York, and LHR is as confusing:

> The following amenities are subject to availability at the time of booking:
> Upgrade to Junior Suite (Excludes Penthouse Suite)

I want to stay in "550 SQFT ONE BEDROOM STE W 2 QUEEN BEDS SEP LIV ROOM AREA BED WITH FULL DAY FREE" (need 3 beds), not sure if I should book that one directly, or can I book "310 SQFT 29 SQM 2 QUEEN BEDS KITCHENETTE" and will be upgraded to the 550 sqft room.
Old Mar 30, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: DL, AS, Marriott, Hyatt, National
Is anyone else finding that the website errors out upon trying to add a room to their itinerary? It's been this way for me for days.

After calling and having 4 transfers and an accumulated time of 45 mins. this morning trying to get someone to book my room for me, I gave up.
Old Apr 14, 2017, 5:16 pm

Having issues understanding if this reservation is refundable or not:

In the email, under the price, it clearly states "non-refundable". However, the policies section says:

Cancellation CXL BY 1500 HOTEL TIME ON 10JUN17-FEE 1 NIGHT-INCL TAX-FEES-. CANCEL BY 12AM THREE DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL OR 1 NIGHT PENALTY

I'm having issues understanding the difference between the two, and the non-refundable banner up top. Starting date of stay is June 13, so the 3 days versus midnight is only that single day. Does that mean that if I cancel on June 9th, it's full refund, but the 10th from 12am until 3pm is 1 night? Or is that irrelevant because it just can't be cancelled?

I haven't paid anything yet, and I'm also fearful reading some of the recent posts here given that I did book this all on a CSP, and not a CSR.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA/CO, SPG, Hyatt
Booking a hotel in Vegas and again on one page there is a general statement that rates are inclusive of taxes; resort fees may apply. Then on the subsequent booking page it says hotel taxes and reset fees may apply.

Hotel has no idea what LHR is.

Chase CSR says taxes and resort fees are not included in the rates.

Any who's booked with LHR know the truth?
Old Apr 30, 2017, 11:45 am

I booked and stayed at the mgm signature towers in Las Vegas last December and the resort fees were not included. I think at the time they were like 35.00 a day per room
Old May 2, 2017, 3:47 pm

Luxury resorts via UR portal?

I've noticed that the UR Portal lacks some of the luxury resorts/hotels in Colorado, Montana, and even wine country.

I am looking for a luxury 4 day vacation spot, ideally in the mountains, in CO, UT or perhaps wine country.

Any recommendations for spots available through the portal?

I can only figure out how to sort by city, not by state.
Old May 4, 2017, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by lotrbfme
Has anyone used this benefit:

The following amenities are subject to availability at the time of booking:
Upgrade
(the benefits shows on certain properties as an unique amenity)

I see a property room that is $500 a night and the next room is a suite that is $1000+ per night. This would be awesome if it actually works.
Hi did you ever get an answer for this? I'd love to book the lower and get upgraded (if available) to a much more expensive one.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 10:16 am

Anyone know if you book a Fairmont through this, can you then apply the free night certs over the phone?
Old Aug 22, 2017, 11:14 am

SynXis Central Reservation System

Is it possible to book directly with the hotel using its SynXis Central Reservation System? If so, does Chase's The Luxury Hotel & Resort Collection have a code that goes under "Group Code", "Corporate/Promotion Code" or Travel Industry ID?
Old Sep 9, 2017, 3:43 pm

I keep seeing different information online, so I'm unclear on this:

If you book through LHC, are resort fees included? I'm specifically looking at Vegas hotels and it's unclear to me if the daily resort fees are included in the final rate Chase lists. Some are saying yes, others are saying no. Chase reps have no idea.
Old Sep 17, 2017, 11:43 am

So, I made two reservations, one through https://reserve.lhrcollection.com and https://www.lhrcollection.com with my CSR. They seem like the same thing, but the latter makes references to the United MileagePlus and also gives a different phone number than when I booked through the Reserve profile. Should I be worried?
Old Sep 17, 2017, 5:08 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by joe318
...Should I be worried?
What, specifically, is your concern?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by mia
What, specifically, is your concern?
Hey all,
New to the site and this is my first post. I recently took a trip to Las Vegas. Booked through chase luxury hotels and resorts collection for two nights at the aria in Las Vegas. Was quoted $378.40 for two nights. This rate excludes taxes and resort fees. When I booked the room I was charged a deposit of the first night including taxes. So charged 203.18. As I'm checking in the price they are looking to charge me is 562.82(tax,resort fee included.) at the time I didn't think anything of it and just got my room key and went on my way to enjoy my two nights.
On the way home I'm looking over the bill and notice I got overcharged by close to $100(quick calculation estimate)So I call chase luxury hotel collection to inquire about the over charge. Csr calls Aria to confirm the charges, and comes back on to my line to inform me that she did confirm the total amount charged to my card but unable to get a detailed billing from them. I inform her I have the detailed bill and read off the charges. She places me on hold again and comes back and says it does look like I was over charged $40. She says she can credit my acccount 3,000 points. As I'm looking for my cash back, she informs me it's not possible because The money was taken from the Aria already. So being angry I say if that's my only option and quickly get off the phone.(I'm not one to be confrontational, most of the time I would just eat the the money lost in a situation like this).
Once I have some free time to do the hard calculations I noticed she calculated wrong. She was calculating the higher room rate tax and missed about $50 in overcharges. Still debating on calling back to inform them they are still short on their totals. Another hour phone call might just be worth eating the $50.

Paying $450 for a credit card(csr) and spending $50k on it last year this is not the service I expect. time to start looking into the American Express platinum.

TlDR.: overcharged about $100 and got compensated 3,000 points.

Don't use chase luxury hotel and resort collection.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.