Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Oct 18, 2013, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
[This thread is now archived.
Please continue the discussion here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rd-2016-a.html

[/B][/SIZE]

============================================

[/b] 50 + 5k offer for personal card. Requires MileagePlus login; redirects to https://www.theexplorercard.com/50kAFW
  • 50k miles after $3000 spend within first 3 months
  • 5k miles for adding an authorized user
  • No annual fee first year
  • No FTF
  • Each calendar year, you are eligible to receive one 10,000-mile bonus after you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your Card.

For discussion of card benefits, see the master thread in the United forum.
My math says a 50K offer. Where do the extra points come from?
The extra 5000 points come from adding an authorized user after you have been approved for the card.
Is there a business card?
Yes, and Flyertalk has a thread devoted to the business card: United business card: 50k+10k united miles
Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?
See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015-Present
Print Wikipost

[Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2015, 10:29 am

I received my last chase bonus on 6/26/2013, is it safe to apply once again this month?Because I am moving on August. I think this is more than 24 months now. Thank you for your reply.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by ericliujian
I received my last chase bonus on 6/26/2013, is it safe to apply once again this month?Because I am moving on August. I think this is more than 24 months now. Thank you for your reply.
The wording of the offer is that you're ineligible if you received a bonus within the past 24 months. Assuming 6/26/2013 is when your previous bonus posted to your credit card account, you should be good to go now.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 4:31 pm

On the note of bonus timing - has anyone successfully argued to get the bonus when they were 22 or 23 months out of the last card?

I only ask because, if I'm being targeted an offer I expect the offeree to have done their homework to make sure I'm actually qualified to receive the offer bonus.
Old Jul 19, 2015, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nekbet
On the note of bonus timing - has anyone successfully argued to get the bonus when they were 22 or 23 months out of the last card?

I only ask because, if I'm being targeted an offer I expect the offeree to have done their homework to make sure I'm actually qualified to receive the offer bonus.
There is a poster who is in the situation that her previous bonus is less than 24 months ago. She said she would post back when her July statement closes whether she got bonus or not. Read back and you should be able to find that poster's posts. And wait patiently if she would come back to update the thread on the final outcome. (Her last update was she got the $50 statement credit - but we had seen that even before the official 24 months rule - that $50 statement credit was received, but also a postcard of no bonus was received the following cycle when the spend was met. - that was over 2 years ago data points when the UNOFFICIAL rule was 24+ months from previous app. The OFFICIAL rule now is 24 months from previous bonus POSTED.
Old Jul 20, 2015, 2:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by beckoa
Originally Posted by nkaufman
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Tried to have a friend send me a referral. That failed, so I applied using the flight search technique to generate the 50K+5K+$50 credit. Approved instantly ^
Was wondering if you noticed a situation similar to mine (see my earlier post) about $50 statement credit disappearing when one logs in even after a flight search or did you not look into that when filling up the application.

Thanks,
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I thought it was there, but I'm not certain.
Just to follow up- 55K miles posted to my account on July 9, after meeting my spend requirement while in Italy. And the $50 statement credit also posted to my account. Thanks ^
Old Jul 21, 2015, 10:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
Do you get all the card benefits (priority boarding, free checked bag) if you're using it to pay for the taxes/fee on a domestic economy award ticket?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 11:44 am

Do I sound like a good candidate for a Chase UA or other miles card?

I've been thinking about getting the Chase UA credit card, but I'm not sure if I fly enough to benefit from it. I only fly about once a year, and put most of my purchases on one of my rotating 5% cash back credit cards.

Do I sound like a good candidate for an airline miles card?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by poisson
I've been thinking about getting the Chase UA credit card, but I'm not sure if I fly enough to benefit from it. I only fly about once a year, and put most of my purchases on one of my rotating 5% cash back credit cards.

Do I sound like a good candidate for an airline miles card?
The Chase UA card will give you enough bonus miles for a free r/t in the lower 48. The Business card is currently giving out 50K. Keep it for 11 months and then cancel.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
There is a poster who is in the situation that her previous bonus is less than 24 months ago. She said she would post back when her July statement closes whether she got bonus or not. Read back and you should be able to find that poster's posts. And wait patiently if she would come back to update the thread on the final outcome. (Her last update was she got the $50 statement credit - but we had seen that even before the official 24 months rule - that $50 statement credit was received, but also a postcard of no bonus was received the following cycle when the spend was met. - that was over 2 years ago data points when the UNOFFICIAL rule was 24+ months from previous app. The OFFICIAL rule now is 24 months from previous bonus POSTED.
This was me, and yes, miraculously, my points posted late last week in my Chase account and yesterday into my United account. I double checked, and the last time I received a sign up bonus was December 2013. I don't know how I slipped through the cracks. The only thing I can think of is that I got married and legally changed my last name in 2014. Although of course my ssn and even my address have stayed the same.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
The Chase UA card will give you enough bonus miles for a free r/t in the lower 48. The Business card is currently giving out 50K. Keep it for 11 months and then cancel.
Can you get a business card without owning a business?
Old Jul 21, 2015, 9:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Laura782
This was me, and yes, miraculously, my points posted late last week in my Chase account and yesterday into my United account. I double checked, and the last time I received a sign up bonus was December 2013. I don't know how I slipped through the cracks. The only thing I can think of is that I got married and legally changed my last name in 2014. Although of course my ssn and even my address have stayed the same.
Good for you! And thanks for coming back to update.

Was the last card the identical Explorer card? Was the UA number the same?

I agree, despite the name changed, the SSN is the same and one would think this is what the system would check.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Good for you! And thanks for coming back to update.

Was the last card the identical Explorer card? Was the UA number the same?

I agree, despite the name changed, the SSN is the same and one would think this is what the system would check.

Identical explorer card (Chase Visa MileagePlus Explorer) and with the same UA number. Despite my luck, my husband decided not to push it for himself... and I don't plan on risking the timing again in the future. I'll consider this a lucky one-off unless I read reports of others having the same experience!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Laura782
Identical explorer card (Chase Visa MileagePlus Explorer) and with the same UA number. Despite my luck, my husband decided not to push it for himself... and I don't plan on risking the timing again in the future. I'll consider this a lucky one-off unless I read reports of others having the same experience!
I doubt you will hear any more reports because most everyone is careful to keep track of timing - any mishap would be by accident not by intent. May be the system tracks more than just SSN, when the name is different, it stops the flagging... nobody would know as hardly anyone would test it, or even in the situation to test it (different names due to marriage.)
Old Jul 23, 2015, 1:22 am

I'm looking to do a little dental tourism before school starts back up and just need to make it over to SE Asia from CA.

I got an offer for the UA explorer card that the 2000 dollar requirement within 3 months for 50,000 miles plus 5000 for an AU add-on. From what I've been reading, this seems like a good card. I have a small business as well, is it OK (or necessary) to apply for the explorer business card at the same time, or are there protocols like using different browsers? Please discuss

Last edited by bounce; Jul 23, 2015 at 1:22 am Reason: typo.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 1:48 pm

is nontargeted 50k offer (without statement bonus) still available for applicants in physical Chase branches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.