Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by robyng
We were in LAX this last week - and Chase SP contacted us immediately when a big credit draw from our hotel showed up on my card. With AMEX - I always tell them when we are going to be out of the US. Since our Chase card is pretty new - I don't mind this kind of inquiry - even if it's domestic. Robyn
Both Chase and Amex have done that for me in the past.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 7:47 pm
Suspended

Sapphire points transferable?

My wife tried to transfer her Sapphire prefer points to my Sapphire prefer acct but was unable to do so as she had trouble finding the links to do so. I heard these points were transferable to others for free?

Any hints to how the steps to take to go about doing this transfer.

Or if that is not possible then perhaps it may be possible to have her transfer her Sapp. points to my Continental FF program for the 1:1 miles conversion instead--not sure if there are any fees for the miles conversion though?

Thanks
Old Sep 16, 2011, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by freezone
My wife tried to transfer her Sapphire prefer points to my Sapphire prefer acct but was unable to do so as she had trouble finding the links to do so. I heard these points were transferable to others for free?

Any hints to how the steps to take to go about doing this transfer.
See post #90.

Or if that is not possible then perhaps it may be possible to have her transfer her Sapp. points to my Continental FF program for the 1:1 miles conversion instead--not sure if there are any fees for the miles conversion though?
No fees; yes, she can xfer to your (or anyone else's) CO acct.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sargenet
Yes...I think it is run by Cartera. Seems like I have problems with the same vendors when it is run by Cartera. I haven't used Chase mall lately because I am focusing on United Months of Miles...
OT:

UA Insider finally emailed me confirming that there was a programming error on UA part in that when they uploaded the targeted MP Member List, it was not uploaded properly for several files... Supposedly it was fixed now and the frontline CSRs can see us being both "targeted" and "registered". I was so disenchanted by the now capped 25K that I haven't make a call to MP to verify it. I actually have the 2 / 1000 miles offer but haven't done much.

HD, Sears, Best Buy all seem to have issue posting miles. HD and Best Buy disqualify GCs purchases now from what I read.

REI reportedly to be the best vendor to correctly reporting purchases. Except that REI does not have a store in Florida... When we lived in Texas we went to REI often - they have some quality and neat stuff.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by amrom
How long does it take to transfer to CO and may it be in anybodys CO account name?
Once your chase preferred card statement cuts, you will see the points in your saphire rewards account.

You can then transfer these points into ANYONE name's miles.

Youy can transfer your points to ANYONE's mileage account or another chase account. (This is not a miles to miles transfer that requires same name on transfers.)

Another hint: I have a chase freedom card as well where I earn 5 points per dollar on certain purchases made with chase freedom card.

I transfer my (and my parents') chase freedom card points to my chase sapphire. Then from my sapphire to CO miles.
Old Sep 22, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
I'm interested in this card. Couple of quick questions.

I did some searching on the concierge and don't seem to see any reviews. Guessing that's a bad sign... Has anyone ever used the concierge? Is it in house or what company is it run by? Is it useful at all? Not sure if it's far to ask since I know it doesn't compete with Amex Plat but is it close in terms of service?

Also, the ATM feature, can I withdraw money fee free from any chase ATM? It would be nice benefit for me, as I'm with a credit union and sometimes I cannot find an ATM on travel.

Finally, the purchase protection, extended warranty, and return protection all seem to be the exact same as Amex Gold, is this correct?
Old Sep 22, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by Happy
You generally get BETTER exchange rate on ATM or Card transactions because they use the Mean Multi-Million Inter-Bank Rate while your crispy USD100 use the rip-off counter transaction rate.

As long as there is 0 forex fee, using plastic always beats using cold hard cash unless you can exchange the cash at the "street" rate where there are plenty of exchangers that do business without even a license... You can find plenty of those in many parts of Asia... I even see old women squatting on the street corners of local food markets in Seoul changing USD to Won to USD all day long - always better than what you can get at a bank... It is good for small bills in case you need some. With the street dealer of course you would have to negotiate hard and be careful not to get back fake money in some locations...

ATM and CC with 0 forex fee is the way to go.
Excellent Point. I am aware of this, and the reason for my joy is because Chase Sap. Preferred even beat the local vendors (which i always go for, as they tend to give about 3-5% better rate than the banks, especially one at the airport).

the rate i have stated above was for local vendor, and for banks, you would have to take away another .8 -.9 baht.

as for Korea, yeah, they have tons of that. Although you get best deal at banks, if you have decent saving/investment at the bank. As a premium member at Shinhan bank, i get 58 won benefit on my transactions. I also happen to do quite a lot of business with that branch's owner..

Asian countries, it seem, care more about these personal connection dearly. networking networking and more networking is a way to go =)
Old Sep 24, 2011, 6:09 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by scuzzynutty
Hi, I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but got a message saying the application is pending approval and they will notify me in 10 days. I called customer service and asked if that's normal or if people get instant approval. she said it's normal and no one gets instant approval. I don't believe that. Did any of you get instant approval upon submitting your application?
I got solicited today via mail... my 50K bonus came with " first purchase" and I got instant approval.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by david4455
I got solicited today via mail... my 50K bonus came with " first purchase" and I got instant approval.

nice! first yr no fee as well? If that's so, a very solid deal.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:38 pm

Does Chase Sapphire Preferred with waive baggage fee

I recently flew on United economy SJC to LGA. It was booked with Chase Sapphire Preferred. No bag fee collected on the kiosk, then the ticket agent already had the bag tag ready. I didn't ask questions and moved on. The 2 bags arrived at the destination.

Could it be that it's because of the Chase card bag waiver. No rule mentioned on the benefit policy when I signed up.

No complaints from me. Just wanna know if it's going to happen again.

I currently have no status with United.
Old Sep 24, 2011, 11:40 pm

Nope, not as far as I know
Old Sep 25, 2011, 6:54 am

No, this card doesn't have any baggage waiver on it. Maybe you slipped under the radar. Or maybe a few days later you'll see a charge on your credit card for it.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 9:49 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Starbucks card reloads do not count as restaurants -- no double points. Wonder if this is a carryover from bad blood from the old Chase/Sbux credit card experience? Although Sbux cards are good for more than food.
Old Sep 25, 2011, 12:39 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sunrider101
nice! first yr no fee as well? If that's so, a very solid deal.
Yes... no fee first year.
Old Sep 28, 2011, 2:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Plat, Hilton Gold
How are people notified when applying for the card online? I applied a day or so ago.

Website did say it could take up to 10 days for approval, but I haven't even had an email that states thanks for apply or any follow up.

I just want to make sure it's in the queue. Is there a number I should call to make sure it went through and is under review?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.