Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Yas46377
So I went back and checked post #90 as someone suggested earlier and that says you can transfer points only to spouses but I thougth I also saw others say you can transfer to anyone. If my sister has a Freedom card can she transfer her points to my Sapphire Preferred card? Since we both have the same last name anyway they wouldn't know the difference right?
Chase does not check your relationship. You need to choose Other and then it would bring up input areas for you to input the info required.

For your sister's account to yours, the transfer is initiated from her UR account to your UR account.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
Ok, great! Thanks for the information. Didn't realize the Freedom card had it's own UR account but I guess that makes sense. Time for me to buy up all her Freedom Points
Old Oct 6, 2011, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ok, great! Thanks for the information. Didn't realize the Freedom card had it's own UR account but I guess that makes sense. Time for me to buy up all her Freedom Points
Yes, Freedom has its own UR program which is inferior than the Sapphire Preferred's UR program naturally since Freedom is a 0 fee card versus Sapphire has annual fee.

You can see the difference when you log in from different cards.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 5:08 pm

Yea, I read about the comparison/synergy between the two cards on TPG's website. I'm tempted to get the Freedom card myself and also open a checking account but then that's another checking account I need to maintain a minimum balance. Plus I'm still not a 100% sure if the Sapphire Preferred card is the fee card I want to keep. Still up in the air deciding between that and the AMEX SPG and PLAT cards...so many fees haha. Plus I fly mostly AA and with the BA devaluation coming I'm not sure the Sapphire card would be as useful for me to transfer to OW. Sorry I know I got slightly off topic.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Just noticed that in the UR transfer partner page, UA has been taken down. For people who don;t know what I am talking about, UA was up for several days but not really functional. I think they will need some time to sort it out but I am pretty sure UA will be a partner.

Another note is that my bookings through UR did earn me x3 points correctly. I booked AA and DL last month and points were posted once the statement closed.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 12:59 pm

Is there a price premium for booking through UR vs. airline or aggregate sites like priceline? I know with AMEX Travel there is usually a slight premium.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 1:00 pm

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Is there a price premium for booking through UR vs. airline or aggregate sites like priceline? I know with AMEX Travel there is usually a slight premium.
I booked a flight last night, no extra fees.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 2:34 pm

Awesome thanks. I also have the Premier Rewards Gold AMEX which gives me 3X points on airfare anywhere so I'll probably stick with that for now. But I probably won't keep it thanks to it's steep $175 fee so I might switch over to Sapphire card then. Sapphire seems to keep getting better. Definitely going to be a tough decision between that and my AMEX SPG card as far which fee card I keep.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:04 am

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Originally Posted by scuzzynutty
Hi, I just applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card, but got a message saying the application is pending approval and they will notify me in 10 days. I called customer service and asked if that's normal or if people get instant approval. she said it's normal and no one gets instant approval. I don't believe that. Did any of you get instant approval upon submitting your application?
I got instant approval on-line less than 3 seconds , just took over a week to get that heavy ... credit card.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 12:06 am

Programs: UA 1P, AA Plat, SW AL/CP
Originally Posted by Dhamal
I got instant approval on-line less than 3 seconds , just took over a week to get that heavy ... credit card.
Mine came in 3-4 days (I'm in San Francisco).
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:45 am
DH

KE is New Transfer Partner

Chase added Korean Air as transfer partner. It's good news that Chase is adding more transfer options.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by DH
Chase added Korean Air as transfer partner.
You do realize that this is mentioned conspicuously in post #1 (dated 7/19/11), right?
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:20 pm

Awesome thanks. I also have the Premier Rewards Gold AMEX which gives me 3X points on airfare anywhere so I'll probably stick with that for now. But I probably won't keep it thanks to it's steep $175 fee so I might switch over to Sapphire card then. Sapphire seems to keep getting better. Definitely going to be a tough decision between that and my AMEX SPG card as far which fee card I keep.
Unless AMEX gets some new *A transfer partners in there it's as good as cancelled for me. I think TPG suggested they add US Airways and I concur. That would really be an improvement from where they are at now.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:40 pm

Even though I mentioned the AMEX PRG card at the end I was actually referring to the AMEX SPG card. The SPG card has plenty of *A transfer partners including US Airways but of course it doesn't have any bonus categorties and only earns bonus points staying at Starwood category. So I will need to see how my work travel will be before I make a decision on which to renew or keep. Plus I have a couple years history with AMEX and if I cancel my Platinum card along with my PRG I want to keep the SPG to keep my history even though I probably could downgrade my Platinum or PRG to a no-fee green card I believe.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 3:40 pm

Even though I mentioned the AMEX PRG card at the end I was actually referring to the AMEX SPG card. The SPG card has plenty of *A transfer partners including US Airways but of course it doesn't have any bonus categorties and only earns bonus points staying at Starwood category. So I will need to see how my work travel will be before I make a decision on which to renew or keep. Plus I have a couple years history with AMEX and if I cancel my Platinum card along with my PRG I want to keep the SPG to keep my history even though I probably could downgrade my Platinum or PRG to a no-fee green card I believe.
Yeah, I'll pick up the SPG card soon.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.