Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2011, 3:07 pm

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by mot29
Starbucks card reloads do not count as restaurants -- no double points. Wonder if this is a carryover from bad blood from the old Chase/Sbux credit card experience? Although Sbux cards are good for more than food.
In my experience with my Citi Forward card, SBUX card reloads on their site or their mobile app DO NOT count as dining. However, reloading at a Starbucks does.

The reason I mention this although I do not have the Chase Sapphire is that what matters is not the card company but the Merchant Category Code (MCC) listed by Visa, MC, Amex for the merchant.

In Store reload is categorized as - Restaurants - Fast Food
Purchasing online/via the app is categorized as Merchandise - MISC FOOD STORE, SPECIALTY, CONVENIENCE
Old Oct 2, 2011, 11:55 am

Sapphire Preferred

I can't find in any of the literature or on line if this is a visa or a mastercard.
Anybody know?
Thanks,
Ellen
Old Oct 2, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by VOH2OX2
I can't find in any of the literature or on line if this is a visa or a mastercard.
Anybody know?
Thanks,
Ellen
Visa
Old Oct 2, 2011, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by sargenet
Yes...I think it is run by Cartera. Seems like I have problems with the same vendors when it is run by Cartera. I haven't used Chase mall lately because I am focusing on United Months of Miles...
FYI the UR Mall has been flawless for me. Totally spectacular!
Old Oct 3, 2011, 9:35 am

Originally Posted by VOH2OX2
Anybody know?
Thanks,
Ellen
Both actually, but the well advertised one is Visa. There are links, if you search, for the CSP MasterCard.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:21 pm

Programs: UA 2P, HY Diamond
It seems that United has just been added as a transfer partner in the Ultimate Rewards. At present, however, there is no place to enter your UA account #, so it is not working yet.
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by efox
It seems that United has just been added as a transfer partner in the Ultimate Rewards. At present, however, there is no place to enter your UA account #, so it is not working yet.
Good catch. Cautiously optimistic...
Old Oct 3, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Originally Posted by efox
Just saw this as well...

A huge, huge plus to the Sapphire card if it pans out (and I'm optimistic about this).

I'm glad I got this card!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:25 am

Programs: OnePass, MilesPlus, AAdvantage, SkyMiles (unfortunately), PC Plat, HH Silver, Marriott Aluminium
Skimmed through the thread but did not come across this...
Would you lose any un-transferred UR points when you close your Sapphire card as you do with MR points when you close your MR related AMEX card¿ (stupid Spanish keyboard)
Old Oct 4, 2011, 2:27 am

Great news about United!
Old Oct 4, 2011, 6:46 am

When I activated the card on Sept. 19th they asked if the closing date of the 1st of every month was fine. I said yes.

When I look at my account the closing date says "Not available" but the payment due date says "November 1st".

I have yet to get a statement, but if the payment due date is the 1st of November, then the statement has to come before then. I have no balance (I pay off everything before it goes to statement) but I just want to know when my points will post for the purchases I made.
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:18 am

Dumb Question, can you pay your house payment, like to Wells Fargo, with a credit card? NO, I am pretty sure, as it is a secured loan, right?

Same apply to car loans like with BMW USA?
Old Oct 4, 2011, 9:31 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by randys1
...can you pay your house payment, like to Wells Fargo, with a credit card?
Short answer: No

Longer answer: Yes, but it will cost you more than the value of the rewards. See here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...e-tuition.html
Old Oct 4, 2011, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by brasov02
Would you lose any un-transferred UR points when you close your Sapphire card as you do with MR points when you close your MR related AMEX card¿
If you had another Chase card with a compatible rewards program (like Ink Bold or Chase Freedom) you would be able to keep the points. If you had no remaining Chase card to hold the points, you would lose them. An easy solution is to transfer the points into another program before closing the account.

Only points held in the Ultimate Rewards program (Chase Sapphire Preferred, Ink Bold) can be transferred to external rewards programs.
Old Oct 6, 2011, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott PLAT, Starwood PLT, Hilton Silver
So I went back and checked post #90 as someone suggested earlier and that says you can transfer points only to spouses but I thougth I also saw others say you can transfer to anyone. If my sister has a Freedom card can she transfer her points to my Sapphire Preferred card? Since we both have the same last name anyway they wouldn't know the difference right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.