Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 11:58 pm

Does anyone know what the future of the points transfer option is with the UA/CO merger? Will we be able to transfer into the new mileage plus or will that option go away?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Happy
The Terms and Conditions said it is possible.

However I have not found anywhere on UR website under Manage Ultimate Reward that allows you to do that. The Combine Points would only show your existing cards that are in the UR program, such as Freedom and Sapphire, but no way to input other's card.

Anybody has done the transfer between Spousal accounts before?

EDIT:

Never mind. Once you click Other - it pulls up the necessary boxes to fill in the information. It requires the number of credit card or debit card of the "Other".
You betcha, partner. I combined my business card & my wife's card pts/miles into one account--mine. Now I have TOTAL control.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ijk3234
Does anyone know what the future of the points transfer option is with the UA/CO merger? Will we be able to transfer into the new mileage plus or will that option go away?
Do you think we have a crystal ball? We should all know around the first of the year or shortly thereafter. Palm reading, next room.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by philemer
Do you think we have a crystal ball? We should all know around the first of the year or shortly thereafter. Palm reading, next room.
I'm sorry...I was just asking because I don't have the card and was thinking of getting it, but didn't know if anything was announced to cardholders.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 10:04 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Nothing has been announced yet. We all hope that the new United will be a transfer partner - it makes sense but you never know.
I'm sorry...I was just asking because I don't have the card and was thinking of getting it, but didn't know if anything was announced to cardholders.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 4:39 pm
In memoriam

You betcha, partner. I combined my business card & my wife's card pts/miles into one account--mine. Now I have TOTAL control.
And so - do you plan to leave her at home - or take her to places she doesn't want to go to? I have total control of this kind of stuff too - it's not my husband's cup of tea. But I use our points and miles to plan trips we will both like. That's why we're celebrating our 40th anniversary next week . Robyn
Old Sep 3, 2011, 7:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No need to apologize. Get the card now. Transfer pts. to CO acct. and quit using the card if the option ends. Carpe Diem.
Old Sep 3, 2011, 11:55 pm

Can't imagine that they won't switch it to UA. It would leave them with no USA airline partners.

I got the card this week, and the "activation dude" led me to believe it would be available (I know, that means nothing). Also, he kept asking me "are you ready to 'chase' what's important to you?", and I kept cracking up in his ear.
Old Sep 4, 2011, 9:46 am

Can I get my friend to transfer his points over to me too? It was mentioned somewhere here that its only allowed to a spouse! Can I not just input any credit card number?
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by amrom
Can I get my friend to transfer his points over to me too? It was mentioned somewhere here that its only allowed to a spouse! Can I not just input any credit card number?

Why dont you try online and see what happens, then report back here?

Since most folks do not have friends willing to give up their points but you do, so you could do the experiment and benefit the community with the knowledge you would gain via actual experiment.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:35 pm

Amex Membership Rewards anounced several months ago that the transfer option to CO was ending Sept 30 due to the merger. I guess Amex has a much better crystal ball than Chase
Old Sep 5, 2011, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
Amex Membership Rewards anounced several months ago that the transfer option to CO was ending Sept 30 due to the merger. I guess Amex has a much better crystal ball than Chase
Whether Chase was going to be able to transfer to CO was *not* the question.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:50 pm

This was *exactly* the question asked. Amex made it quite clear long ago what was going to happen with them. Chase has told us squat.
Old Sep 5, 2011, 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chuckles
This was *exactly* the question asked. Amex made it quite clear long ago what was going to happen with them. Chase has told us squat.
No, the question was whether or not we will be able to xfer to UA come 1/1.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: AA BA CO DL UA US
Originally Posted by aviators99
No, the question was whether or not we will be able to xfer to UA come 1/1.
Just to confirm this or what we know, we can still transfer from Ultimate Rewards points to CO between Oct 1 and Dec 31, 2011. (9/30/2011 is the deadline for Amex to CO.) We don't know what will happen (transferable to UA or not) on Jan 1, 2012. Right/wrong???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.