Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:27 am

Anybody have experience hammering the First Friday promo with a lot of spending? I ask because I've got a wedding coming up where the venue codes as a restaurant. I'm already planning on charging $1500 each on the Freedom and Discover It next quarter, but I'll still have $8k or so that I owe them. The conditions say there's no max to the earnings on First Friday, but I don't really want a bunch of extra eyes on my Chase accounts.

I'll probably end up somewhere in the middle, putting a little bit on the Sapphire, because I know any number of things could happen. But I'm just wondering if anybody had a similar experience and if they saw any ill-effects.

Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:08 pm

Just make sure they process it early in the day -- I hit a restaurant the first Friday of this month and the charge ended up showing up as a Saturday charge...despite showing as a temporary charge on Friday night. A quick SM to Chase added the extra points in, but I'm not sure you're wanting to attract that type of attention.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: MVP Gold
Originally Posted by deader1718
Anybody have experience hammering the First Friday promo with a lot of spending? I ask because I've got a wedding coming up where the venue codes as a restaurant. I'm already planning on charging $1500 each on the Freedom and Discover It next quarter, but I'll still have $8k or so that I owe them. The conditions say there's no max to the earnings on First Friday, but I don't really want a bunch of extra eyes on my Chase accounts.

I'll probably end up somewhere in the middle, putting a little bit on the Sapphire, because I know any number of things could happen. But I'm just wondering if anybody had a similar experience and if they saw any ill-effects.

Thanks!

We charged our caterer's bill to our CSP and timed it so that they put the charge (in the morning) on First Fridays. We paid $500 (deposit, ~5 months before wedding), $5k (1 month before wedding), $5k (a few weeks after wedding). No problems. I think it was likely legit for us -- the caterer operates out of their restaurant...
Old Apr 8, 2015, 8:23 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
The CSP is looking worse and worse. The 7% dividend will be ending after Feb 2016. A lot of the stores I patronized have been dropped from the Mall. Now the entire travel division is gone. Next year, travel booked using the CSP will lose the bonus points.

Looks like I'll be dropping the card after this year.
What do you mean by you last statement? The x on travel will revert to 1x?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:45 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by travelinfoo
Next year, travel booked using the CSP will lose the bonus points..
Travel purchases will still earn 2 points per dollar. The change is that travel booked through Chase's agency will no longer earn an additional bonus point.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 6:11 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by KRSW
Just make sure they process it early in the day -- I hit a restaurant the first Friday of this month and the charge ended up showing up as a Saturday charge...despite showing as a temporary charge on Friday night. A quick SM to Chase added the extra points in, but I'm not sure you're wanting to attract that type of attention.
They're still giving first Friday points? I thought that ended in December?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 11:52 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
They're still giving first Friday points? I thought that ended in December?
They renewed it for 2015.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 3:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, Alaska MVP; Free Agent Super Duper Diamond Treasure Chest ;)
Originally Posted by mia
Travel purchases will still earn 2 points per dollar. The change is that travel booked through Chase's agency will no longer earn an additional bonus point.
Came looking for an answer to this. Guess I missed the official announcement! Paid (only) a few $$$ extra to buy from the Ultimate Rewards travel site and saw that only 2x points posted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.