Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 6:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
Why do people want to use Citi/AA to earn AA miles for lifetime status? SPG Amex will earn miles faster (1:1.25) and they still account for lifetime status right?

The only thing i can think of is that with Citi Gold your Citi/AA annual fee is waived. But still I will rather pay $65 on SPG to get miles faster!
Because you used to be able to get 2 cards every 60 days with very very very generous sign-in bonus (up to 75K at times). Even with the standard 25-30K sign-in bonus, times 12 times a year, it would have taken only couple of years to get to the 1MM status. Even today, the sign-in bonus is generous, though extremely hard to get for those who have been flipping Citi cards in the past.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:33 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
I know the Citi/AA churning. But I was talking about earning AA miles through spending since my impression is that many people are still charging their Citi/AA to get miles. I just wonder if i miss real benefit of doing so (instead of using SPG).
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Because you used to be able to get 2 cards every 60 days with very very very generous sign-in bonus (up to 75K at times). Even with the standard 25-30K sign-in bonus, times 12 times a year, it would have taken only couple of years to get to the 1MM status. Even today, the sign-in bonus is generous, though extremely hard to get for those who have been flipping Citi cards in the past.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 9:50 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by leonard016
...many people are still charging their Citi/AA to get miles. I just wonder if i miss real benefit of doing so (instead of using SPG).
I mentioned seven reason in this post. Not all of them are compelling in every circumstance.

Last edited by mia; Aug 10, 2011 at 9:53 am Reason: Repair link
Old Aug 10, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Good summary!
Originally Posted by mia
I mentioned seven reason in this post. Not all of them are compelling in every circumstance.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, US Chairman's, Star Alliance Gold, Delta Gold, AA Gold
Chase Sapphie sign on bonus miles

If I try to sign up today for sapphire and am approved, can I transfer the 50K miles (after spending $3000 in 3 months) into AA or US account? Should I wait for more generous offers?
Thanks
Old Aug 13, 2011, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by sacgrad2002
If I try to sign up today for sapphire and am approved, can I transfer the 50K miles (after spending $3000 in 3 months) into AA or US account? Should I wait for more generous offers?
Thanks
Aren't BA, KE, and CO the only air partners for transfers?
Old Aug 13, 2011, 5:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks
AA and US are not among the partners of this card.
Old Aug 14, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks
Without wanting to "pile on", what made you think that you could transfer from the Chase Sapphire to either AA or US accounts? Is there something misleading in their advertising, or something on a website that lead you to this conclusion?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 7:22 am
mia

Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Is there something misleading in their advertising, or something on a website that lead you to this conclusion?
Yes: Redeem your points at leading airlines & hotels at 1:1 value. Chase does not disclose that these "leading airlines" number only three, and do not even include all of the carriers for which Chase is the co-brand affinity card issuer .
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Yes: Redeem your points at leading airlines & hotels at 1:1 value. Chase does not disclose that these "leading airlines" number only three, and do not even include all of the carriers for which Chase is the co-brand affinity card issuer .
Indeed. UA is not included. May be Chase figures eventually CO will go away and does not want to bother with additional software investment to make transfer to UA available.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:50 am
mia

Originally Posted by Happy
UA is not included.
Nor WN. Does Ultimate Rewards transfer to Amtrak Guest Rewards?
Old Aug 15, 2011, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by mia
Nor WN. Does Ultimate Rewards transfer to Amtrak Guest Rewards?
Yes.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by mia
Originally Posted by jbalmuth
Without wanting to "pile on", what made you think that you could transfer from the Chase Sapphire to either AA or US accounts? Is there something misleading in their advertising, or something on a website that lead you to this conclusion?
Asking if AA or US predicate is a perfectly valid question to ask, but "leading airlines" in no way implies that ALL leading airlines or ALL leading USA airlines participate.

Also you'll notice that Chase specifically says "top airline and hotel partners" - maybe that means UA & WN aren't top partners ;-)
"Redeem your points at leading airlines and hotels at a 1:1 value*
Transfer your points to top airline and hotel partners for a 1:1 value, making it easy to "top off" your other account."
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, BA Silver, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by mia
The link works for me using Chrome on Windows XP:

http://cache.u47.net/11703/sapphire2...fits_Guide.pdf
Can anyone please point me to the actual, current Guide to Benefits (as opposed to the linked "Getting Started" brochure that was included in the envelope with the card(s))?

I'm looking for the specific T&Cs, limitations, exclusions etc. of the various Travel Protection plans, namely
Trip Cancellation Insurance
Travel and Emergency Services
Travel Accident Insurance
Trip Delay
Lost Luggage Reimbursement
Baggage Delay

I imagine that it's a small-print nitty-gritty document (as opposed to general marketing materials), and would very much appreciate help in finding where it's located.

TIA!
Old Aug 19, 2011, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Transfer between Spouse's UR accounts?

The Terms and Conditions said it is possible.

However I have not found anywhere on UR website under Manage Ultimate Reward that allows you to do that. The Combine Points would only show your existing cards that are in the UR program, such as Freedom and Sapphire, but no way to input other's card.

Anybody has done the transfer between Spousal accounts before?

EDIT:

Never mind. Once you click Other - it pulls up the necessary boxes to fill in the information. It requires the number of credit card or debit card of the "Other".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.