Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by kendenton
My Black Friday Best Buy purchases have not shown up in UR yet either, but everything else before or since has. It's only been 8 days, I'll give them another week or so before starting to worry.

Overall I am very impressed with how quickly they post purchases on the UR mall - if you were going through AA or United you would have to wait 6-8 weeks before emailing them, and then they say "wait 6-8 weeks" while we look into it.

I hope yours works out.
I'm in the same boat, even more worrisome is that there was a fiasco with my camera I purchased on that day due to store pick up and availability. So the charge disappeared from my card because of the delay in Best Buy claiming the money and then it charged today but I'm worried that this won't trigger correctly the UR points.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 11:15 am

Programs: Hertz President's Circle, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum
I called to inquire about a Marriott gift card purchased thru UR mall. I was told it may take up to 2 billing cycles. It did mention that it can take up to 45 days for the points to post on website. I made two purchases that day one posted within 48 hrs. I will patiently wait, I'm confident the points will post, as well as many of you that are waiting.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by loganleelamson
I got approved for the Freedom exactly a month from after I got the Preferred. If you get this deal targeted in the mail and you have a high amount of recent applications expect to send in some verification documents. I had to go through a round of questions and send stuff in to show that I actually did submit the application.
What sort of stuff did you have to send in? Was this income verification (something I HATE having to go through - they already have enough of my information!) - or just something to verify identity to ensure it was not identity theft?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
What sort of stuff did you have to send in? Was this income verification (something I HATE having to go through - they already have enough of my information!) - or just something to verify identity to ensure it was not identity theft?
Just something to verify my address and identity (SS card & Bank Statement). Nothing about verifying income. The Chase Freedom isn't a very premier card, so it can have low limits. I don't think income verification for it happens often.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:31 pm

OK thanks for the response. I just got the Sapphire and am planning on applying for the Freedom once I hit the spend threshold for the bonus on the Sapphire. Good to know what to expect. The deal for having linked accounts on the Freedom is pretty enticing, especially since I make a lot of smaller purchases (i.e., cups of coffee in the morning) 10 points for every transaction? Yes please!
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:15 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Chase is going to weasel out of the 40,000 points here. Has anyone else faced this before? What's the best approach?
The points are purchased and awarded by the merchant, not by Chase. The mall is operated by Cartera, not by Chase. In my experience on the AA mall, also operated by Cartera, they accept the merchant's determination of whether the order was placed through the portal and are not interested in any evidence you may have. This said, it's too soon to panic. The merchant may defer awards for the maximum time allowed in the contract to watch for returns.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: HHonorsDiamond
Originally Posted by mia
The points are purchased and awarded by the merchant, not by Chase. The mall is operated by Cartera, not by Chase. In my experience on the AA mall, also operated by Cartera, they accept the merchant's determination of whether the order was placed through the portal and are not interested in any evidence you may have. This said, it's too soon to panic. The merchant may defer awards for the maximum time allowed in the contract to watch for returns.
First.. I disagree with the above statement. I have used all the malls and am VERY familiar with Cartera (I have a number of disputes in over "months of miles" etc). I have been battling lost miles for the last few years with AA and United shop malls! It has become "a game" that I do not like...........

One thing I LOVE about the Chase Ultimate Rewards mall is that IF you give it "45 DAYS" and then CALL in to dispute then they will look into it and post the miles as a courtesy. All in the same phone call.

I think the previous poster should hold tight about their 40K for Best Buy. It is WAY too soon to check in on this. You need to give it 45 days before you call them to inquire. Don't email them...but call them after 45 days.

I am getting about 75% of my points automatically. Originally their website stated 30 days before you inquire. Now they moved it up to 45 days. But I have had a few orders that just never showed up. And once I let the 45 days pass I made the call about missing points. They then gave me the points over the phone as a courtesy. They pretty much just made sure I made the charge on my card etc.

One time I called about B&H Photo. I let the 30 days pass (it was 30 originally) and I did not get the points. I called and they gave me them as a courtesy. Then about 70 days later they showed up and I got them again. Since the other posting was a courtesy adjustment I got to keep both.

Never once have I let the 45 days pass and then been denied the miles. Chase must wait till the merchant reports the order. Some take longer than others. And now with the holidays it might take up to the full 45 days.

Don't worry if some orders posted and others did not. Just wait 45 days and CALL. Their customer service has been wonderful to deal with in regards to missing points.

Cartera may be the company behind the scenes managing this mall, but it seems like the phone reps at Sapphire will issue the points as a courtesy.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 4:55 pm

Thanks for the helpful replies, everyone. It helps to know that there are others waiting for BB to post as well. Re: who pays for the points, I know the merchant pays the base miles, but surely for the bonus days Chase has been running, Chase is picking up the extra miles?

Finally, I'd feel a lot better waiting if I didn't have that secure mail saying I'm not getting the points at all.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:17 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by sargenet
First.. I disagree with the above statement.
Not sure what portion of my post you disagree with, because I agree with everything you wrote except the idea that Chase will give a 40,000 point "courtesy adjustment" after offering only 2,500.

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
....surely for the bonus days Chase has been running, Chase is picking up the extra miles?
I believe the merchant agreed to participate in the Cyber Monday promotion and decided how many points to offer.

Last edited by mia; Dec 4, 2011 at 11:57 am
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palaimo
OK thanks for the response. I just got the Sapphire and am planning on applying for the Freedom once I hit the spend threshold for the bonus on the Sapphire. Good to know what to expect. The deal for having linked accounts on the Freedom is pretty enticing, especially since I make a lot of smaller purchases (i.e., cups of coffee in the morning) 10 points for every transaction? Yes please!
You only earn 10 bonus point when you have a Chase personal checking account linked to Freedom. Having both Sapphire Pref and Freedom do not generate any bonus whatsoever. Though you can freely transfer the pts earned on Freedom's UR account to the one belongs to Sapphire Pref, therefore have the external transfer ability.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mia
Not sure what portion of my post you disagree with, because I agree with everything you wrote except the idea that Chase will give a 40,000 point "courtesy adjustment" after offering only 2,500.
Exactly my thought also. A few thousand courtesy points are no comparison to 40K courtesy points. As much empowered the Sapphire Pref CSRs are, I doubt they could give away that much courtesy points as even above the 10K range. At 40K it is minimum $400 value right there.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:51 am

Correct me if I am wrong, but with the Preferred end of the year bonus I thought it was to come with your statement in December? My statement closed yesterday and I got it today and there was no mention of the year end point bonus.

I did get the card in September, so maybe I have confused what I have read about the bonus and I should expect it next September?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Happy
You only earn 10 bonus point when you have a Chase personal checking account linked to Freedom. Having both Sapphire Pref and Freedom do not generate any bonus whatsoever. Though you can freely transfer the pts earned on Freedom's UR account to the one belongs to Sapphire Pref, therefore have the external transfer ability.
Right. I guess I should have been more clear. I have a personal checking account. So I would use a Freedom card for small purchases (like cups of coffee, etc) where the 10 point bonus would make a big difference (i.e., getting roughly 13 points on a 3 dollar purchase) and use the Sapphire on any 2x points offers (restaurants / travel) where the double points makes up the difference (like a 50 dollar meal, where Sapphire gets 100 points but freedom w/ linked acct gets roughly 66 (10 bonus points plus 10%)).

Then, transfer all my Freedom points to my Sapphire account so I can combine them.

I think I'm understanding this correctly?
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:41 am
Original Member

pending application approved with phone call

Got my Saphire card a month ago, and was instantly approved. Took about 2 weeks to receive card.
Applied on line for my husband last week and got the application pending, let you know message. This morning used the phone # 888-245-0625 listed here, to call and ask about status of application. The phone agent asked my husband a few questions to verify information on the application, like previous employer, home address, etc. and was instantly approved. I asked about getting the card sooner, as we would be traveling in 2 weeks and wanted to use the card. He said UPS would deliver it within 48 hours, but might need to be signed for at this end.
Also my husband has had a Chase card for the last 15-20 years that had gradually morphed several times and ended up being the Freedom card with the ultimate rewards program. Didn't think about the pts too much until we realized we have 103,000 pts. Didn't need to use them for flights because we have used miles for the last 5 years to pay for most flights. So the points just sat there.
Imagine my joy to find out we can transfer the Freedom points to the Shaphire card and then to United!!!! WoW, a real use for the points that works for us.

Next decision is what to keep and pay for next year. This card or----
Capitol One Venture with 2 pt. per $ works great for "extra" travel expenses. Have used it (after the match) for over $3,500 worth of motel rooms and car rentals.

Starwood's has been my "go to" card for many years, and because of the poor United transfer that it has, this card filled the gap.

It is great to have all these choices.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 4:17 pm

Just got my first-ever (historic!) Sapphire Preferred in the mail today. About to call to activate, but first a question: The welcome letter says to "select a payment due date that works best." Personally I don't know much about monthly due date differences and am not strapped financially, but I do want to maximize the 7% bonus on yearly points, and since "yearly" means calendar year and it's already December, anyone suggest a reason to choose a particular due date? Or is there no real difference at this late stage?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.