Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:58 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by brandkb
hope more airlines jump on the UR bandwagon.
We can hope, but I am not optimistic. Aside from KE every Ultimate Rewards transfer parter is an airline, hotel chain or railroad for which Chase is also the affinity card issuer. It has taken Chase two years to include all of their own partners in this program.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by leonard016
Two of our Sephora orders placed in October had points missing. Contacted Chase via secure message in November and was told that points will be posted in the next statement, which never happened.

Today contacted them again and the rep apologized and posted points immediately to the account as "adjustment". I have to say after using so many online shopping earning portals, i have the greatest faith in Chase UR. For one, they have fewer transactions going missing and secondly whenever one got missing one or two messages settles it.
I had previously had no issues, but recently I've had a ton of them. None of my 10x Best Buy purchases posted, it took like 3 weeks and 15 messages to have this almost sorted out, and they're still shorting me 2,500 points. Additionally only 3/4 of my Toysrus.com purchases posted, of course the most high dollar order that would have netted me 4,000+ points didn't post. I didn't use my Sapphire card so I am having to still fight that. Lastly my stays at best western weren't earning the 3x points they are supposed to, but a CSR fixed all that in 1 message. So I am happy, but a little less confident with how this works. I need to get my just under 7,000 missing points sorted and then I'll be as happy as a clam again.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 8:49 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Sorry to hear your troubles. Hopefully they will be sorted out soon. Luckily my BestBuy ~12K posted automatically that I did not have to fight.

I have 40+ transactions since I started using it in October only 2 gone missing. All of them but two are under 2K. I think for the large transactions, we do need to save everything just in case.
Originally Posted by keirnna
I had previously had no issues, but recently I've had a ton of them. None of my 10x Best Buy purchases posted, it took like 3 weeks and 15 messages to have this almost sorted out, and they're still shorting me 2,500 points. Additionally only 3/4 of my Toysrus.com purchases posted, of course the most high dollar order that would have netted me 4,000+ points didn't post. I didn't use my Sapphire card so I am having to still fight that. Lastly my stays at best western weren't earning the 3x points they are supposed to, but a CSR fixed all that in 1 message. So I am happy, but a little less confident with how this works. I need to get my just under 7,000 missing points sorted and then I'll be as happy as a clam again.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 3:29 pm

Trouble with transfer to KE

I've seen multiple mentions of people having trouble with points transfers that ultimately went through, but has anyone had an ongoing problem transferring points to KE?

I tried transferring miles to KE last Thursday and after a couple of error messages that seemed to indicate that the points.com system was down, I finally got an error message stating: "Please enter a valid account number and try again." I have been trying to transfer ever since and have contacted Chase. After assurance from a friendly rep. that she would look into it, I got a call from her today. She stated that it is not their fault and that perhaps I have the wrong type of Korean Air miles program. I stammered a bit before asking, "Are there multiple "types" of the Skypass program?" She said that she learned this weekend that there are multiple types, though she did not know how many, what they were called, or what was the appropriate account "type" that would ensure my transfer would go through. As friendly as she has been and as quick as she has been to follow up I hate to criticize, but ...??

Anyone know the magic word to get a transfer to go through to KE?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:27 pm

Buy Chase Ultimate Rewards points?

Using three Chase Sapphire Preferred cards, I was able to transfer and get airline miles (they allow transferring points to anyone). This got me thinking that there is got to be a way to purchase the rewards points...[Moderator edit].... Does anyone know where and how I might buy some points? I looked at points.com, but they dont have the chase points. I am trying to get Korean Airline miles. [Moderator edit]

Last edited by mia; Jan 10, 2012 at 7:30 am
Old Jan 9, 2012, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by fijiman
...how I might buy some points? ...
You can purchase points for $25 per 1,000 points right on the Ultimate Rewards site.

Last edited by mia; Jan 10, 2012 at 7:29 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Jan 10, 2012, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I've seen multiple mentions of people having trouble with points transfers that ultimately went through, but has anyone had an ongoing problem transferring points to KE?

I tried transferring miles to KE last Thursday and after a couple of error messages that seemed to indicate that the points.com system was down, I finally got an error message stating: "Please enter a valid account number and try again." I have been trying to transfer ever since and have contacted Chase. After assurance from a friendly rep. that she would look into it, I got a call from her today. She stated that it is not their fault and that perhaps I have the wrong type of Korean Air miles program. I stammered a bit before asking, "Are there multiple "types" of the Skypass program?" She said that she learned this weekend that there are multiple types, though she did not know how many, what they were called, or what was the appropriate account "type" that would ensure my transfer would go through. As friendly as she has been and as quick as she has been to follow up I hate to criticize, but ...??

Anyone know the magic word to get a transfer to go through to KE?
Have you tried putting both your first and middle names in the 'first name' field for the transfer?

This post mentions that as a quirk. And when I went to the Skypass site to create an account it asks for 'first and middle name' as one field.

http://milecards.com/3329/confirmed-...ire-preferred/

It also confirms Korean air mile transfer is *instant*. And no change fees up to departure?!? That's more generous than Delta as a Platinum elite.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:29 am

Transferring Points

Quick question:

I am fairly new to this card and was clicking around the UR site and looking at transfer partners. When I click to transfer to another program (it does not matter which one) and try to increase the default number of points to transfer (which is initially set at 1,000) it is only possible to increase the points amount up to 6,000. Does this mean you would need to do multiple transfers if you wanted to transfer, say 60,000 points? Do they allow you to do lots of transfers in one day to accomplish this? Can you call and have them transfer as much as you want all at once? I'm just making sure because it would be kind of a pain if you had to transfer 6,000 a day for several days before you booked.

Thanks for the help!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:03 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
Originally Posted by Palaimo
Quick question:

I am fairly new to this card and was clicking around the UR site and looking at transfer partners. When I click to transfer to another program (it does not matter which one) and try to increase the default number of points to transfer (which is initially set at 1,000) it is only possible to increase the points amount up to 6,000. Does this mean you would need to do multiple transfers if you wanted to transfer, say 60,000 points? Do they allow you to do lots of transfers in one day to accomplish this? Can you call and have them transfer as much as you want all at once? I'm just making sure because it would be kind of a pain if you had to transfer 6,000 a day for several days before you booked.

Thanks for the help!
When I go to transfer points to miles it scrolls up to the nearest 1000 points. Example......66500 points in account will let me transfer 66000. Are you sure you have more than 6000 points?
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:20 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by SJC AA
My friend got them when his statement closed this month. I don't have mine yet. I bet they post with your first statement that closes in 2012.
I did not get them on the January statement. When asked about it the answer was it will be either on January statement or February one.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 9:31 am

Ah I see - sorry for the foolish mistake.

I guess I gave their programing less credit than it deserved. Since I just started my account balance is very low. Most systems allow you to select any amount and then correct you later in the process. This is actually much better!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by cerealmarketer
Have you tried putting both your first and middle names in the 'first name' field for the transfer?

This post mentions that as a quirk. And when I went to the Skypass site to create an account it asks for 'first and middle name' as one field.

http://milecards.com/3329/confirmed-...ire-preferred/

It also confirms Korean air mile transfer is *instant*. And no change fees up to departure?!? That's more generous than Delta as a Platinum elite.
I had tried this, but hearing this made me go back and try again. This time I entered all caps as the Korean Air website displays it and it worked! Thanks for the suggestion!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:57 pm

Just applied, instant approval. Woohoo!
Old Jan 10, 2012, 5:04 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
This could only happen if you opened the card in January?
Or December.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 7:28 pm

I notice UR gives you the option to search for premium economy tickets, but the results aren't pulling from all of the airlines (for example: for a flight from LAX to MAD, UR will show economy awards on AF, BA and SK but will only show SK for premium economy results, even though both AF and BA have well-defined premuim economy programs).

Anyone have experience booking over the phone with UR? I figure if I can provide an actual person with fare codes and flight numbers that I'll be more likely to get what I want. I called them earlier and spoke to a woman who sounded very old and had no idea that premium economy was an option...on any airline...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.