Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Palaimo
Right. I guess I should have been more clear. I have a personal checking account. So I would use a Freedom card for small purchases (like cups of coffee, etc) where the 10 point bonus would make a big difference (i.e., getting roughly 13 points on a 3 dollar purchase) and use the Sapphire on any 2x points offers (restaurants / travel) where the double points makes up the difference (like a 50 dollar meal, where Sapphire gets 100 points but freedom w/ linked acct gets roughly 66 (10 bonus points plus 10%)).

Then, transfer all my Freedom points to my Sapphire account so I can combine them.

I think I'm understanding this correctly?
Yes. That is exactly how I allocate my spending between the 2 cards, except for this quarter Freedom gets 5% bonus pts on restaurants, department store, travel and charity donation. So for this quarter Freedom gets all the domestic restaurant and hotel spending as well. The 2012 bonus earnings for each quarter has already been out but the enrollment would probably not become active until last week of December.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 8:09 pm

Happy, Thanks for clarifying that and ensuring I understand properly.

I'm gonna wait a few months to apply for the Freedom (I JUST got the Sapphire) but once I hit the spend threshold on the Sapphire and let some times pass between apps I'll be applying for the Freedom.
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:18 pm

Minimum spend question: If I meet the $3K in the very first month of activation, do I receive the 50K bonus points right away (when statement closes) or must I wait the full three months for bonus?
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:50 am

Originally Posted by NewArrival
Minimum spend question: If I meet the $3K in the very first month of activation, do I receive the 50K bonus points right away (when statement closes) or must I wait the full three months for bonus?
I just got my Sapphire and i put a $4k purchase on it the next day. So far no pointS have post. It's been two weeks so I'm assuming it's on the statement date. That's when my chase ink points always post
Old Dec 6, 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by NewArrival
I completed my minimum spend before the first billing cycle but did not see any bonus points. CSR confirmed minimum spend and assured that it will appear at the end of second billing cycle, so I am waiting for that moment.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 4:55 pm

All of my 10x points specials have posted except my largest Toys 'R US purchase and my Best Buy purchase.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
All of my 10x points specials have posted except my largest Toys 'R US purchase and my Best Buy purchase.
Also waiting on a 10x Best Buy purchase here. Since we're all waiting I'd say it's just that they haven't posted yet.
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by keirnna
I made a TRU purchase on 11/23, it posted as 2 transactions (based on ship date I think)

Trans. Date Posted Date Type Description
11/27/2011 11/29/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us
11/29/2011 12/01/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us
Old Dec 6, 2011, 10:51 pm

Originally Posted by kendenton
I made a TRU purchase on 11/23, it posted as 2 transactions (based on ship date I think)

Trans. Date Posted Date Type Description
11/27/2011 11/29/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us
11/29/2011 12/01/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us
I made 3-4 orders. 3 of them have posted, the 4th which was for $400 or something hasn't posted yet. Mine looks like this:

11/14/2011 11/17/2011 Online Purchase Columbia Sportswear
11/27/2011 11/29/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us ORDER
11/27/2011 12/05/2011 Online Purchase Apple Store ORDER
11/27/2011 12/05/2011 Online Purchase Apple Store ORDER
11/28/2011 11/30/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us ORDER
11/28/2011 12/03/2011 Online Purchase iTunes.com ORDER
11/28/2011 12/03/2011 Online Purchase iTunes.com ORDER
11/29/2011 12/01/2011 Online Purchase Toys"R"Us ORDER
11/30/2011 12/03/2011 Online Purchase Columbia Sportswear

The Toys"R"Us order that still hasn't posted shipped a day after the others. I hope to see it post soon!

One interesting thing is I still received 5x points with Columbia despite using a 20% off coupon. I love that! For anyone that's returned something, how long does it take for the points to be debited?

Last edited by The_Wrath_of_Khan; Dec 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm
Old Dec 6, 2011, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. That is exactly how I allocate my spending between the 2 cards, except for this quarter Freedom gets 5% bonus pts on restaurants, department store, travel and charity donation. So for this quarter Freedom gets all the domestic restaurant and hotel spending as well. The 2012 bonus earnings for each quarter has already been out but the enrollment would probably not become active until last week of December.

Happy, interesting that you're getting travel on your Chase Freedom for Q4 2011. My Freedom Visa does get tickets, but they're movie theater tickets. https://creditcards.chase.com/freedo...ate.aspx?CELL=

My categories are dining (which I believe includes Starbucks), department stores, movie theaters, and charitable organizations.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:58 am

Programs: UA 2P
Originally Posted by drbobguy
Also waiting on a 10x Best Buy purchase here. Since we're all waiting I'd say it's just that they haven't posted yet.
Also waiting on Best Buy 10x to post. Longest I've ever had to wait for mall activity to post. Staples 5x posted within a few days.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 7:47 am

Just got off the phone with UR CS (in the US) and learned some interesting things I didn't know:

1) UR has recently started a new practice of emailing customers within 4-5 days of completing a purchase through UR mall to confirm the transactions and bonus points.

2) My Best Buy transactions have not yet posted but they can tell I was on UR on 11/25 and browsing Best Buy.

3) Since I used my Sapphire card to complete the purchases at Best Buy she could see the transactions and assured me I would get the points with the 10x bonus.

4) I asked her if I was being impatient and if I should have waited 45 days, and she said no, it was fine to call in. In fact I'm not the first to call in with a problem with Best Buy posting. The more reports they get from users about problems with Best Buy, the more attention it will get from the technical team.

5) I mentioned I had "friends" who also were waiting for Best Buy purchases to post, and she recommended they send a secure message to Customer Service with screenshots and receipts if they have them. Since they can tell if a customer was on UR mall on that day, they can investigate manually.

I have to say, my confidence in Chase and UR Mall is fully restored. Astonishingly good customer service.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Just got off the phone with UR CS (in the US) and learned some interesting things I didn't know:
Good to know, thanks for posting about this experience. I'll reach out to them today too. Also, in regards to the email aspect, I have shopped using UR about 10 times in the last month (all posting except for Best Buy at the moment) and I have only ever received an email confirmation once and it was from my Kohls purchase. So, I don't think that system is up and running in full yet.

Last edited by mia; Dec 7, 2011 at 9:01 am Reason: Prune quotation
Old Dec 7, 2011, 8:56 am

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Originally Posted by loganleelamson
Good to know, thanks for posting about this experience. I'll reach out to them today too. Also, in regards to the email aspect, I have shopped using UR about 10 times in the last month (all posting except for Best Buy at the moment) and I have only ever received an email confirmation once and it was from my Kohls purchase. So, I don't think that system is up and running in full yet.
It seems to me it is random whether or not to receive an email confirmation.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
... they can tell I was on UR on 11/25 and browsing Best Buy.
All online shopping portals have click logs. They can see that you clicked through to a merchant site from their portal, but they cannot know if you made a purchase during that session until the merchant reports it. Some portals (BA, VS) display the click log, but those operated by Caretera typically do not.

The click log and credit card transaction are evidence that you shopped through ultimaterewards.com, but they are not indisputable proof because you could click though to bestbuy.com from ultimaterewards.com, buy nothing, disconect, re-connect through another portal, and make the purchase.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.