Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.2mm, Kimpton IC, Starwood Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Happy
Yes. That is exactly how I allocate my spending between the 2 cards, except for this quarter Freedom gets 5% bonus pts on restaurants, department store, travel and charity donation. So for this quarter Freedom gets all the domestic restaurant and hotel spending as well. The 2012 bonus earnings for each quarter has already been out but the enrollment would probably not become active until last week of December.
You might want to double check that. Freedom does NOT have a bonus on tracel this quarter. (Sapphire always does.)
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by mia
All online shopping portals have click logs. They can see that you clicked through to a merchant site from their portal, but they cannot know if you made a purchase during that session until the merchant reports it. Some portals (BA, VS) display the click log, but those operated by Caretera typically do not.

The click log and credit card transaction are evidence that you shopped through ultimaterewards.com, but they are not indisputable proof because you could click though to bestbuy.com from ultimaterewards.com, buy nothing, disconect, re-connect through another portal, and make the purchase.
I called the representative today (she was super nice) and she said it was definitely there that I used the portal and I guess the charge just went through to them on the 6th (even though I ordered on the 25th and the charge posted to me on the 1st) so perhaps there has been a delay due to Best Buy's systems and the holiday rush given that I'm sure so many orders were placed on the 25th. She said she would note my file (I assume to say that she verified with me that I would get the points.)
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
This may have asked before but can I earn miles on the flights that I get when I redeem Chase Sapphire Preferred points?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:06 pm
Formerly known as iahsumr

Originally Posted by NickyEWR
This may have asked before but can I earn miles on the flights that I get when I redeem Chase Sapphire Preferred points?
If you mean when you redeem points to "pay" for your flights, then yes. They are treated the same as flights paid for with cash by the airlines, so you will earn redeemable and elite qualifying miles just as you would if you used cash.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by loganleelamson
I called the representative today (she was super nice) and she said it was definitely there that I used the portal and I guess the charge just went through to them on the 6th (even though I ordered on the 25th and the charge posted to me on the 1st) so perhaps there has been a delay due to Best Buy's systems and the holiday rush given that I'm sure so many orders were placed on the 25th. She said she would note my file (I assume to say that she verified with me that I would get the points.)
I'm willing to bet that it is on BestBuy's side of the transaction. I ordered stuff from all over and they just got around to shipping items in stock yesterday.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 12:49 pm

Programs: AZ,Ba,,UA,DL,AA Gold ,Hyatt Platinum,Amex Plat., Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Thanks for your quick reply Mommy Points!
Old Dec 7, 2011, 3:36 pm

I have such great trust in the UR mall that I didn't think it would be an issue to use a non-chase card for some purchases, notably all of my Toysrus.com purchases, but that last order still isn't showing up. I doubt Chase will have much interest in getting me the points if I didn't use a Chase card. Luckily I did use my Sapphire preferred for Bestbuy.com.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by keirnna
I have such great trust in the UR mall that I didn't think it would be an issue to use a non-chase card for some purchases, notably all of my Toysrus.com purchases, but that last order still isn't showing up. I doubt Chase will have much interest in getting me the points if I didn't use a Chase card. Luckily I did use my Sapphire preferred for Bestbuy.com.
When you spend using non-Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards, where does those points show up? When you go to Ultimate Rewards on a Chase card you can see recent activity, but where does that show up for Non-Chase cards?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 11:40 pm

When you spend using non-Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards, where does those points show up? When you go to Ultimate Rewards on a Chase card you can see recent activity, but where does that show up for Non-Chase cards?
It shows in the same place. Log in > Ultimate Rewards > Manage Ultimate Rewards > Ultimate Rewards Mall activity
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:08 pm

When you spend using non-Chase cards with Ultimate Rewards . . .
Is this possible? I thought you were required to use your Sapphire Preferred Card (or other UR card) to get the bonus points. Can anyone confirm they have done this and it has worked?

When you click on a link for a site it says "Check out with your chase card and your extra points will automatically appear on your statement." Does this provision not apply? Or does it mean any Chase card? I always assumed you had to use the card you were logged in with when you clicked through to the partner site.

If you could use any card, this could be a great way to earn points in two programs.

IE - Go to rewards mall and click through to Travelocity for double UR points, then pay with PRG Amex and get 3x points on airfare purchase!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
UR points do not transfer to CO miles!

Sancho really needs to read up on the UR benefits! Tried to do an online transfer but keeps crapping out because: "Pointsdotcom service is not available". For giggles, this is the response I got:

Date: 12-07-2011
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry
Dear Robbert,

Thank you for contacting Chase.

I would like to inform you that since the Sapphire account
earns points and a Continental account earns miles the
option to transfer points from a Sapphire to a Continental
account is not available.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
you. If you have any further questions, please reply using
the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

S.F.
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 8, 2011 at 9:28 pm Reason: removed employee name per TOS
Old Dec 8, 2011, 5:32 pm

Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: many
Originally Posted by robbert
Sancho really needs to read up on the UR benefits! Tried to do an online transfer but keeps crapping out because: "Pointsdotcom service is not available". For giggles, this is the response I got:

Date: 12-07-2011
Subject: Re: Rewards Inquiry
Dear Robbert,

Thank you for contacting Chase.

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause
you. If you have any further questions, please reply using
the Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

S.F.
E-mail Customer Service Advisor

1-800-436-7927

Account is owned by Chase Bank USA, N.A. and may be
serviced by its affiliates.
That's all you dude, just transferred to CO with a single glitch. Hope it works out.

Last edited by philemer; Dec 8, 2011 at 9:29 pm Reason: removed employee name
Old Dec 8, 2011, 7:35 pm

Programs: WN A-List; Hyatt Glob: CC/HH Gold, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by pcharles
That's all you dude, just transferred to CO with a single glitch. Hope it works out.
Managed to get this done over the phone, the rep had some trouble to transfer himself but it worked in the end. He mentioned that the regular Sapphire does not transfer to CO, only the Sapphire Preferred, so that may have been the confusion.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 6:11 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
My Black Friday Best Buy purchase posted today ^

11/29/2011 12/08/2011 Online Purchase BestBuy.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.