Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 28, 2014, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: philemer
The revised July 23, 2014 CSP Guide to Benefits (BGC10374) may be found at this landing page (or directly at this location).

The CSP program rules/agreement (as of 7/24/14; RPC0444_0477) may be found at this landing page or directly at this location.

Changes to U.R. program recently announced. See post #1314.
Print Wikipost

Ultimate Rewards & CSP Benefit Changes

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2011, 8:29 am

Programs: AA EXP / UA Lifetime Gold / Marriott Lifetime Plat / SPG Plat / Hyatt Diamond / HH Diamond / Avis CC
And after you reach the 1500 in spend you can use your Sapphire Preferred for restaurants at 2 pts/$ with no limit
Old Nov 24, 2011, 2:25 am

I am thinking of applying for this card, but I'm not clear on all the benefits (yes I've read through the thread). Do 2x benefits apply to booked cruises or money spent onboard a cruise (not booked with the sapphire card).

Also, is there a cap on how much one's eligible travel spend is considered for the annual 7% i.e. is there a cap on the amount.

Can the miles be transferred to any airlines or just those in the chase family of cards, or is their some preferential transfer if it is CO/UA/BA, etc.

I currently have 3 active chase accounts with large credit limits. I wouldn't cancel my one pass because it is a long time card, the others are Marriott and United (which I've only had for 5 months and would like to cancel but don't know when the optimum time to cancel is without harming my bonus or credit). Will I have a problem applying for this card because of my other chase accounts?
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by orknot2be
Can the miles be transferred to any airlines or just those in the chase family of cards, or is their some preferential transfer if it is CO/UA/BA, etc.?
Points may be transfered 1:1 to UA, CO, BA, and KE (Korean). As noted in post #1, that gives you an option in each major alliance.

Other transfer partners (all 1:1):
  • Hyatt
  • Priority Club (IHG)
  • Marriott
  • Amtrak
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:20 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by orknot2be
Also, is there a cap on how much one's eligible travel spend is considered for the annual 7% i.e. is there a cap on the amount.
There is no cap, but the bonus is not related to travel. It's 7% of the total points earned on the card in 12 months. For example, if you spend $20,000 and earn 20,000 points the bonus would be another 1,400 points. In effect you earn 1.07 points per dollar on general spending, and 2.14 points per dollar on travel and dining.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:22 pm

Hey Guys,

Recently received my new Sapphire Preferred Card and have a few questions.

I read essentially the entire thread, so hopefully not repeating to much.

First, how does chase round purchases? Is this done with each purchase or at the end of the month? For example, if I make two $3.50 purchases at a cafe (2X points for restaurant category) will this be:

1. 12 points total (3.50 rounds DOWN to 3, doubled each time)
2. 16 points total (3.50 rounds UP to 4, doubled each time)
3. 14 points total (3.50 + 3.50 = 7, doubled at the end of the statement)

If they round with each transaction, it would encourage me to ensure that each restaurant purchase is $.51 plus with tip!

Second, is the 50K bonus part of the 7% dividend? I'm assuming not, but that would effectively make the 50K bonus 53,500.

Lastly, I am considering getting the Freedom card if there is a decent sign up bonus - is there ever one? I see one that says $200 cash back - I'm assuming that is a 20,000 rewards point bonus, or am I wrong about that? I already have a chase checking account so the 10 percent / 10 point bonus might be worth having the card for me.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Palaimo
First, how does chase round purchases? Is this done with each purchase or at the end of the month?
The monthly total is rounded up to the next whole dollar, e.g., $2211.47 earns 2,212 base points.

Lastly, I am considering getting the Freedom card if there is a decent sign up bonus - is there ever one? I see one that says $200 cash back
See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...-targeted.html
Old Dec 1, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: WN A-list & CP, Delta GM
Second, is the 50K bonus part of the 7% dividend? I'm assuming not, but that would effectively make the 50K bonus 53,500.
The 7% is on all points earned thus 50K will become 53.5K.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 6:29 pm

Thanks for the replies!

Just to clarify - with the Freedom card the $300 bonus would post as 30,000 UR Points?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:39 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by beltway
Points may be transfered 1:1 to UA, CO, BA, and KE (Korean). As noted in post #1, that gives you an option in each major alliance.

Other transfer partners (all 1:1):
  • Hyatt
  • Priority Club (IHG)
  • Marriott
  • Amtrak
Is there a minimum and maximum # of points that can be transferred to each partner?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: All major programs
Thanks for the replies!

Just to clarify - with the Freedom card the $300 bonus would post as 30,000 UR Points?
That is right.

On a related note does anybody know if Chase has run or will be running a promotion for transferring UR points to UA/CO?
Old Dec 1, 2011, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by aau
Is there a minimum and maximum # of points that can be transferred to each partner?
Always in increments of 1,000 (at 1:1).
Old Dec 2, 2011, 10:00 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the replies!

I already have the Sapphire Preferred and would like some more easy UR points. Are people getting approved for the Freedom card after having the Sapphire Preferred?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
I already have the Sapphire Preferred and would like some more easy UR points. Are people getting approved for the Freedom card after having the Sapphire Preferred?
I got approved for the Freedom exactly a month from after I got the Preferred. If you get this deal targeted in the mail and you have a high amount of recent applications expect to send in some verification documents. I had to go through a round of questions and send stuff in to show that I actually did submit the application.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 9:53 am

Missing UR Points

I'm having a bit of a nightmare with UR right now. I used my Sapphire preferred card on November 25 on bestbuy.com when it was 10 extra points per dollar on a new TV and laptop. I've been waiting for several months for these deals, and having spent over $4000, I was expecting more than 40,000 UR points. I went through the UR mall, clicked through to bestbuy.com, and completed my purchases. I should add both the laptop and TV were cheaper through other retailers, but I went through bestbuy.com specifically because of the UR points bonus.

Now, nearly two weeks later, the points still don't show up even as pending. Other transactions from Kohls, Staples, etc., have posted. So I sent a secure mail to Chase, and yesterday I received this reply:

Dear [Redacted],

I am writing in response to your email about the reward
points.

Upon review, I see that none of the three purchases were
not done correctly through the Ultimate Rewards mall. As a
gesture of our commitment to you, I have added 2,500
points with immediate effect to your rewards balance.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

[Redacted]
E-mail Customer Service Advisor
I replied with another message stating that I did click through the mall, and I attached screenshots of the mall showing the 10 points extra per dollar, plus a screenshot of the "click here" to go to bestbuy.com.

I then received this reply:

Dear [Redacted],

Thank you for contacting Chase with your inquiry about
rewards.

I have forwarded your message to the appropriate
department for review and you should receive a response
within one business day.

If you require immediate assistance, please contact the
number listed below and either myself, or one of my
colleagues will be able to assist you. For your
convenience, we are available to assist you 24 hours a
day.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the
Secure Message Center.

Thank you,

[Redacted]
E-mail Customer Service Advisor
I'm quite worried Chase is going to weasel out of the 40,000 points here. Has anyone else faced this before? What's the best approach?
Old Dec 3, 2011, 10:05 am

Programs: US Silver, Club Carlson Gold
My Black Friday Best Buy purchases have not shown up in UR yet either, but everything else before or since has. It's only been 8 days, I'll give them another week or so before starting to worry.

Overall I am very impressed with how quickly they post purchases on the UR mall - if you were going through AA or United you would have to wait 6-8 weeks before emailing them, and then they say "wait 6-8 weeks" while we look into it.

I hope yours works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.