Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2013, 7:23 pm

Thanks everyone! mia is right, I'm trying to get her the 40K points. I mainly wasn't sure if Chase would allow someone to have a CS and a CSP at the same time. The only reason to keep her existing CS would be the age of that line of credit, that's what I don't want her to lose.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by 8fingeredflyer
The only reason to keep her existing CS would be the age of that line of credit, that's what I don't want her to lose.
Converting the existing CS into a Freedom will maintain the credit line and its history.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 11:08 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by st1575
Converting the existing CS into a Freedom will maintain the credit line and its history.
+1 this is probably the best way to save history and CL.
Old Aug 29, 2013, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by jjmiller69
+1 this is probably the best way to save history and CL.
I'm guessing it'd probably 1. be simpler and 2. require less customer service complications if she makes this conversion prior to her application for CSP
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:00 pm

Has anyone tried applying for Chase Sapphire and Bold Ink at the same time? Do you need to space the two apart? one is personal and one is business right?
Old Sep 4, 2013, 10:24 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Mr. S
If you spend $3K in the first month, does it still take 3 months for the points to post?
I just read through the thread, but nobody ever answered this question.

How long does it take for the bonus points to post? The fine print says 6-8 weeks. I know with some cards they come quicker than the fine print, has anyone had a different experience with CSP?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
My experience with myself and DW are that the points post on the same date that the statement that has the min spending.

Originally Posted by TonyPlush
I just read through the thread, but nobody ever answered this question.

How long does it take for the bonus points to post? The fine print says 6-8 weeks. I know with some cards they come quicker than the fine print, has anyone had a different experience with CSP?
Old Sep 5, 2013, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by jennbar
He's wrong. In order to only have to spend $2k to get the 40k bonus, you must sign up in a branch. They're very lenient with this though... For example, I had my mom apply online (instantly approved) and then I brought her into the branch and had them switch it. She then only had to spend the $2k, but someone at the branch MUST do this. No CSR over the phone will--it's an incentive with the branch so you'll apply right then and there.
I can confirm, I just back from an in person visit to a Chase branch where I was approved for the $2k spending within 3 months promotion.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:41 pm

I can confirm, I just back from an in person visit to a Chase branch where I was approved for the $2k spending within 3 months promotion.
In the branch do they run a hard pull? I thought I heard in some branches if you have an existing checking/savings they don't always do a hard pull but I might just be on information overload. Or it may of been for banks where you're pre-approved?
Old Sep 16, 2013, 5:12 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by gimmeyourmiles
Has anyone tried applying for Chase Sapphire and Bold Ink at the same time? Do you need to space the two apart? one is personal and one is business right?
Yup- I applied for both simultaneously. Got instant approval for CSP. Had to call the biz recon line to get approval for the Ink which went smoothly.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 8:11 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of Chase referral program moved to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...rs-thread.html
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by beltline
In the branch do they run a hard pull? I thought I heard in some branches if you have an existing checking/savings they don't always do a hard pull but I might just be on information overload. Or it may of been for banks where you're pre-approved?
They ran a hard pull on me. However, this was my first ever Chase credit card, and I have never had any previous checking or savings accounts with them.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 6:55 pm

There were some reports in this thread of Chase branches being able to convert to the in person offer after applying for and being approved for the $3k in 3 months offer.

What is the exact process for doing this?

My branch called in to card services while I was sitting there and they said they were not able to do this. However, they were able to credit my account 5000 points after I mentioned that my friend was able to convert to the in-branch offer. So my offer is essentially 45000 points for 3k spending.

Note: I've had my card for 3 weeks now. Not sure if the others are getting their branch to convert prior to receiving their card or if that makes a difference.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: MPC, Marriott, Hyatt
Along these lines, if I wanted to get a CSP + Ink Bold + Ink Charge at the same time, could I get all three via one trip to a branch? (And presumably get the lower spend and the bonus?)

(FWIW, I have a checking account and a Freedom MC with them already.)
Old Sep 23, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
So I purposefully applied for a sapphire MC first. I should still be able to cancel it and sign up for the Sapphire Visa later yes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.