Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Sapphire, Freedom - Refer a friend=5000 points [Do NOT post offers in this thread.]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Do not post referral offers in this thread. Use this one:

Credit card referral offers (post only in this thread, read Wikipost first)

Be sure to read the Wikipost of that thread to understand the restrictions.
Print Wikipost

Sapphire, Freedom - Refer a friend=5000 points [Do NOT post offers in this thread.]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2013, 11:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, UA

Just saw this on the account login page:

-------

Get rewarded when you refer your friends to your favorite card!

REFER YOUR FRIENDS to Chase Sapphire Preferred®
before January 31, 2014 via email, Facebook or Twitter

REWARD YOURSELF with 5,000 bonus points for each
friend you refer, up to ten friends, who gets and uses the card.

RETURN THE FAVOR — each friend can receive 40,000
bonus points.

https://www.chasereferafriend.com/Default.aspx

Last edited by Mo2vate; Sep 1, 2013 at 3:17 pm
Old Sep 1, 2013, 1:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Looks like anyone can access this by going to ChaseReferAFriend.com and entering their account information.

Limited to 50k UR.

Last edited by mia; Sep 1, 2013 at 4:41 pm Reason: Remove referral solicitation
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:52 pm

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards
I wish this had come out sooner. I convinced my step-father to get in on the CSP action a few months ago.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:43 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Do not post referral offers in this thread. Use this one:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ost-first.html

Be sure to read the Wikipost of that thread to understand the restrictions.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: American Gold, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by PainCorp
Looks like anyone can access this by going to ChaseReferAFriend.com and entering their account information.

Limited to 50k UR.
Is this only for CSP or is it for all Chase UR cards? i.e.- Ink
Old Sep 1, 2013, 6:55 pm

Refer a Friend Link Also Works for Freedom Card

This also seems to work for Chase Freedom cardholders.

It did not work for my Ink account.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 8:26 am

I'm very upset about this also! I referred my mom and boyfriend on August 9th, missing out on 10,000 points!

I called Chase and was disappointed to find out that the CSR had no idea about this and quickly shot me down when I asked if a referral bonus was available. It was an immediate "NO" once I said the word "referral." I shined light to the website and he did not know when it started or anything about it. I sent a secure message to get logistics and will let you guys know if they are willing to provide some bonus for very recent apps!

EDIT: Anyone now receiving an error for this page?

Last edited by jennbar; Sep 2, 2013 at 8:43 am
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jennbar
I'm very upset about this also! I referred my mom and boyfriend on August 9th, missing out on 10,000 points!

I called Chase and was disappointed to find out that the CSR had no idea about this and quickly shot me down when I asked if a referral bonus was available. It was an immediate "NO" once I said the word "referral." I shined light to the website and he did not know when it started or anything about it. I sent a secure message to get logistics and will let you guys know if they are willing to provide some bonus for very recent apps!

EDIT: Anyone now receiving an error for this page?
I referred two friends last month and SM'd Chase asking to have a retroactive referral credit. They said no, but gave me 5000 points as an apology.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by tnpatterson
I referred two friends last month and SM'd Chase asking to have a retroactive referral credit. They said no, but gave me 5000 points as an apology.
My message has been "transferred to the proper department" and I hope to have the same results! However, not expecting much luck with the site now down...
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jennbar
My message has been "transferred to the proper department" and I hope to have the same results! However, not expecting much luck with the site now down...
It's up for me.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by restonva
This also seems to work for Chase Freedom cardholders.

It did not work for my Ink account.
Worked for CSP, but not Freedom, Priority Club, Ink nor United Explorer for me.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 4:00 pm

my wife just sent me a referral to 2 differnt email addresses, neither one recieved the referral
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:44 pm

Originally Posted by aviator8
my wife just sent me a referral to 2 differnt email addresses, neither one recieved the referral
Send it through twitter and then just copy and paste that link to everyone you need.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by tnpatterson
I sent Chase an SM asking for the same. They said that this referral promotion is targeted and not available on my account. However, I was able to create a link and send it to a number of friends. We'll see if I get the bonus.
Old Sep 3, 2013, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by WhileMyGftCrdGentlySwipes
I sent Chase an SM asking for the same. They said that this referral promotion is targeted and not available on my account. However, I was able to create a link and send it to a number of friends. We'll see if I get the bonus.
Don’t see how they could define this as targeted.

I saw the info and link on the chase.com landing page first thing this morning. I wasn’t logged in or anything (and no cookies/ browser history). So clearly a public offering. I sent it to my parents and a colleague, all of whom have shown a recent interest in points...

Edit: I suppose the exact offering could be targeted, as you have to partially identify yourself before getting to the actual referral page. In other words, I see CSP referral. Perhaps others see Ink referral?

Last edited by PtsJunkieWI; Sep 3, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.