Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2013, 4:48 pm

Programs: UA,AA,SPG
Originally Posted by kawaii
Data point:

In-branch, got a CSP w/ 50K for $2k spend in 3 months. Got it through a Private Banking Banker. He mentioned that through "normal" channels, the offer is 40k, but when you go through a premier channel, you can get 50k.
By any chance, do you have a copy of the offer?
Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2013, 7:19 pm

successful churn after 2 years

Just a data point, wife applied for the same Chase Sapphire Visa she had applied for and got 25 months ago. Bonus posted, so supports the "churn after 2 years from application date" general policy Chase seems to have.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teammjs
Just a data point, wife applied for the same Chase Sapphire Visa she had applied for and got 25 months ago. Bonus posted, so supports the "churn after 2 years from application date" general policy Chase seems to have.
This is a very good data point - thank you very much for posting!

I wonder for those of us who had the Visa, then the MC, could it be possible to go back to the Visa while the MC has not passed the 24 months mark yet?

There are must be a lot of people in this position. Anyone would go for the team and try?
Old Oct 14, 2013, 5:35 pm

Is there a way to browse UR to see what's available and at what redemption without being a cardholder ?

All I see are featured offers.

Thanks
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyer4512
Is there a way to browse UR to see what's available and at what redemption without being a cardholder ?

Thanks
I doubt it because different cards got different levels of redemption. The high end cards got better redemption options for example.

Exactly what you want to know? I guess you are not really thinking about redeeming for merchandises?

UR pts can be redeemed for gift cards or statement credit at exactly 1 penny per point, at $25 increment I think.

Then you can also use it to pay for travel booked thru UR site again at this 1 penny per pt value with the exception of a 25% bonus only offered to high end cards.

Finally there is the transferability you probably have already known, to the airline and hotel partners all at the same ratio of 1 to 1 regardless the partner program.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 10:05 pm

Thanks
You could look at something like EVReward (or one of the many comparable sites) to see how the rates compare.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:09 am

Quick question: if I buy a GC with my CSP, will I get hit with foreign transaction fees if I use the GC outside the US?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:54 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by fckzzz
Quick question: if I buy a GC with my CSP, will I get hit with foreign transaction fees if I use the GC outside the US?
You will need to read the terms of the giftcard to determine if it can be used outside the USA and if there is a foreign currency transaction fee. The credit card used to purchase the giftcard is irrelevant.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
I doubt it because different cards got different levels of redemption. The high end cards got better redemption options for example.

Exactly what you want to know? I guess you are not really thinking about redeeming for merchandises?

UR pts can be redeemed for gift cards or statement credit at exactly 1 penny per point, at $25 increment I think.

Then you can also use it to pay for travel booked thru UR site again at this 1 penny per pt value with the exception of a 25% bonus only offered to high end cards.

Finally there is the transferability you probably have already known, to the airline and hotel partners all at the same ratio of 1 to 1 regardless the partner program.
Thanks, does UR have Hilton and IHG gift cards ? I never had an UR card before, what is the best deal going ?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 12:11 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Thanks, does UR have Hilton and IHG gift cards ?
Neither. Hotels giftcards: Best Western, Fairmont, Hyatt, Marriott, Ritz Carlton
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, does UR have Hilton and IHG gift cards ? I never had an UR card before, what is the best deal going ?
I have never seen a Hilton or IHG gift card anywhere. Do these hotels offer their own Gift Cards?
Old Oct 16, 2013, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by teammjs
So it sounds like the first CSP was still open? If not, when was it downgraded/closed?
Old Oct 17, 2013, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by Slickw
So it sounds like the first CSP was still open? If not, when was it downgraded/closed?
No. 1st was closed about 11 months in (or about 14 months from new successful ap). I don't think Chase cares when it's closed- just when it was applied for.
Old Oct 17, 2013, 8:05 pm

Applied and was approved for my Chase Ink exactly 30 days ago. Hit the $5k spend limit (with minimal MS, thank you wife's pregnancy bills, hah!). Looking to open a CSP now. Currently hold Freedom, Disney, and Amazon with Chase. Any glaring issues? Also just purchased a new car so CK's showing a FAKO score around 730.
Old Oct 19, 2013, 11:27 am

So I got the card with the bonus offer from the branch, spend $2k in 3 months and get 40k miles. I was not able to spend that much in the first statement ($1700).

But today I looked at the statement to my surprise it was showing that 40k points posted and the explanation was "First Card Use Bonus". I am pretty sure that both the branch office and the customer service on phone confirmed the promotion to be what I said at the beginning. So how did this happen? The only thing crossing my mind is that Turkish airlines kept overcharging me and eventually they issued a credit to me in the same statement cycle. Could that overcharge trigger the bonus or did the promotion change as stated in the explanation?

As a side note I also saw extra points saying "First Friday Dining Bonus". Is there a list of these special bonuses somewhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.