Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2013, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by flyerwanabe1
care to elaborate on citi? why not call?
A lot of my information regarding that has come from the 50k AA miles Citi thread and some from personal experience. Anytime I've called I've gotten no where. It seems like their reconsideration line is more like a tell-you-why-you-got-denied line.

However, I've successfully written a letter to them after being denied during "reconsideration" and got a personal call saying I was approved after a manual review of my credit history. Got all the bonuses and was happy about the process despite it taking about 4 weeks.
Old May 21, 2013, 2:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by tys90
A lot of my information regarding that has come from the 50k AA miles Citi thread and some from personal experience. Anytime I've called I've gotten no where. It seems like their reconsideration line is more like a tell-you-why-you-got-denied line.

However, I've successfully written a letter to them after being denied during "reconsideration" and got a personal call saying I was approved after a manual review of my credit history. Got all the bonuses and was happy about the process despite it taking about 4 weeks.
My perception is citi looks at customers as numbers. With Chase I feel like they are at least trying to make it a personal experience.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, HERTZ, BA, UA, CO, JB
Originally Posted by SGJazz
My perception is citi looks at customers as numbers. With Chase I feel like they are at least trying to make it a personal experience.
Ok. I see. I get that feeling as well. Recon line at Citi is more to check status of your app and get information. They don't seem to have any power to approve an app. There seems to be more power to the Chase reps that answers the phone that they all seems to be able to approve the app.
Old Jun 3, 2013, 4:08 pm

Will I get bonus points if I had this card and cancelled one year ago? Thanks!
Old Jun 4, 2013, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by jjfly
Will I get bonus points if I had this card and cancelled one year ago? Thanks!
There are reports of people getting a second bonus if the first card is either downgraded or canceled, and the new card is a different type. For example, if your first card is Visa, the second card would need to be a MasterCard.

I just got the Sapphire, and I purposefully used the link provided in the Chase Sapphire MasterCard thread to apply. There is only one link from a blog left that is posted on this board for the MC. Some people think that Chase may be discontinuing it. So I thought instead of going to a branch and getting the $2k spend for a Visa, I would use the MC link to keep my options open for a second bonus with the Visa in the future.

If it is something you want to try, then I recommend using the MC link in this thread sooner rather than later. Good luck!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1439637-chase-sapphire-mastercard.html
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:08 pm

Yes, I got the SP bonus twice!

I did not want to go the recommended route of converting the SP Visa to SP MC and then applying for a SP Visa to get the second bonus so I went the straightforward route:

I closed my SP Visa in Feb 2013 (had the card for a year when they were running the 50K points promo), and then applied for the SP MC (40K points promo) in March 2013. I got the card a week later, and just this past week, I got my 40K points after reaching the minimum spend. My credit score is over 750 and I was instantly approved both the times.

I have done the same for my wife as well. She closed her SP Visa in March 2013, and last week (June 2013), she applied for the SP MC. Her credit score is over 750 as well and she was instantly approved both the times. Note that she used the SP MC link from FFU (since MC pulled it down from their site) so until she gets the card in hand, we won't know if it's really a MC or not... ...but several posters on this Chase Sapphire Mastercard thread have reported success with that link.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Joe Schoomer; Jun 4, 2013 at 1:16 pm
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:12 pm

Posted in the wrong thread. Mods, please delete this post.

Last edited by Joe Schoomer; Jun 4, 2013 at 1:14 pm Reason: Posted in the wrong thread. Mods, please delete.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 9:50 am

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Unfortunately, the last link that was posted on the FFU site is now down for the CSP MC. If anyone finds another working link, please post it.

Thanks.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:46 am

I've spoken with Chase customer service and they mentioned the CSP MC is being discontinued as soon as this summer.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by fairdincum
I've spoken with Chase customer service and they mentioned the CSP MC is being discontinued as soon as this summer.
Seems to be a couple reports on this. It is also why it would be very valuable to apply for the MC as soon as there is a working link.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, SPG, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by jonnyd13
Seems to be a couple reports on this. It is also why it would be very valuable to apply for the MC as soon as there is a working link.
I was just thinking about motivation for discontinuing the MC version. At first, I was thinking about higher transaction fees on the Visa Signature. But then I thought of something else - I don't think Chase offers any chip & pin MC. I wonder if they're bringing chip & pin to the CSP?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 2:38 pm

Thanks Jeanie and Joe! looks MC versionnhas been pulled from FFU.

Last edited by jjfly; Jun 8, 2013 at 2:53 pm
Old Jun 8, 2013, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by jonnyd13
I think you can apply for a Visa and call them to change to a MC (as long as it's still available).
Old Jun 8, 2013, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by chrisj500
But then I thought of something else - I don't think Chase offers any chip & pin MC. I wonder if they're bringing chip & pin to the CSP?
I converted my CSP Visa to an MC this past week. After the rep put it through, he mentioned that Chase was adding a "smart chip" to the CSP "by the end of the year." I assume this will be with signature, not PIN.
Old Jun 10, 2013, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by Joe Schoomer
Yes, I got the SP bonus twice!

I did not want to go the recommended route of converting the SP Visa to SP MC and then applying for a SP Visa to get the second bonus so I went the straightforward route:

I closed my SP Visa in Feb 2013 (had the card for a year when they were running the 50K points promo), and then applied for the SP MC (40K points promo) in March 2013. I got the card a week later, and just this past week, I got my 40K points after reaching the minimum spend. My credit score is over 750 and I was instantly approved both the times.

I have done the same for my wife as well. She closed her SP Visa in March 2013, and last week (June 2013), she applied for the SP MC. Her credit score is over 750 as well and she was instantly approved both the times. Note that she used the SP MC link from FFU (since MC pulled it down from their site) so until she gets the card in hand, we won't know if it's really a MC or not... ...but several posters on this Chase Sapphire Mastercard thread have reported success with that link.

Hope this helps!
Just wanted to report back that my wife received her SP card (applied using the FFU link) and it is a MC. Hello 40,000 more points!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.