[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:17 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Hi,

does anyone have the link to the Chase Sapphire Mastercard version of the card?
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:29 pm

you can find it on mastercard official website
Old Feb 17, 2013, 8:31 pm

Here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=chase+sapphire+...red+mastercard

[Link no longer works]

Last edited by philemer; Apr 29, 2013 at 3:57 pm Reason: link broken
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:14 am

Programs: AA Plat
Have people had luck getting bonuses with both the visa and MasterCard version?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by Digital01
Have people had luck getting bonuses with both the visa and MasterCard version?
Best guess is that it would be a similar experience to what people have said on thread on "Can you have chase freedom visa AND mastercard"
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by courspanis
Best guess is that it would be a similar experience to what people have said on thread on "Can you have chase freedom visa AND mastercard"
I don't think that thread really answered my question. I'm just wondering if you can get the sign up bonus twice for the CSP if u get the visa, downgrade, then get the MasterCard.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Digital01
I don't think that thread really answered my question. I'm just wondering if you can get the sign up bonus twice for the CSP if u get the visa, downgrade, then get the MasterCard.
Not sure about the the downgrade first, but yes you can get the bonus for each version. I closed my Visa to open the MasterCard version. I got lucky and didn't get a credit pull either.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 8:09 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Still no one posted the link?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by met152
Not sure about the the downgrade first, but yes you can get the bonus for each version. I closed my Visa to open the MasterCard version. I got lucky and didn't get a credit pull either.
Did you not sign up the Mastercard as a new application but use it as a card converted to when you close the Visa? Otherwise I could not see why you did not get a credit pull... And you got the bonus on the MC even it was a conversion?
Old Feb 19, 2013, 6:00 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Still no one posted the link?
There is a link in post #3.

Alternately, start here:

http://www.mastercard.us/personal-select.html

...and if an ad for the card is not displayed, click Rewards & Cash Back to begin the process of looking for a MasterCard with those features.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Did you not sign up the Mastercard as a new application but use it as a card converted to when you close the Visa? Otherwise I could not see why you did not get a credit pull... And you got the bonus on the MC even it was a conversion?
I had the CSP Visa version and applied for the MC. Chase's system automatically rejected the application since it was a duplicate product. I called the reconsideration line and explained I wanted the MC version since I shop a lot at Sam's club (I do) and they told me they'd be able to process the application but I would need to pay down my Visa to a $0 balance and then they could close it.
So I paid down the Visa and waited for the statement to close and that month's points to post and then called back within 30 days so that the application was still open in their system. At that time they closed the Visa and transferred my entire credit line to the MC version. Either the rep didn't pull a report at that time, or there was a recent enough one from a different application, I'm not sure. Either way, my USAA credit report doesn't show a pull from when I submitted the original app, or when the new card was processed.
Old Feb 21, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by met152
I had the CSP Visa version and applied for the MC. Chase's system automatically rejected the application since it was a duplicate product. I called the reconsideration line and explained I wanted the MC version since I shop a lot at Sam's club (I do) and they told me they'd be able to process the application but I would need to pay down my Visa to a $0 balance and then they could close it.
So I paid down the Visa and waited for the statement to close and that month's points to post and then called back within 30 days so that the application was still open in their system. At that time they closed the Visa and transferred my entire credit line to the MC version. Either the rep didn't pull a report at that time, or there was a recent enough one from a different application, I'm not sure. Either way, my USAA credit report doesn't show a pull from when I submitted the original app, or when the new card was processed.
I follow the same story -- just got the close Visa/open MC done this morning. However, I did get a credit pull -- so now I really hope I get the 40K!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
The CSP MasterCard is still out there. I just applied and got approved today.

Pull up Google. Search for "Chase Sapphire Preferred MasterCard." The first link is from creditcards.com. It works and shows all of the standard CSP stuff.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:48 am

I have already closed my CSP Visa 6 months ago...planning to apply for the MC version...Has anybody confirmed the 40,000 sign up bonus? or is it case by case?
Old Mar 7, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by nowstime
I have already closed my CSP Visa 6 months ago...planning to apply for the MC version...Has anybody confirmed the 40,000 sign up bonus? or is it case by case?
I believe there have been reports of success. I do not recall reading reports of failure.

I'm planning on trying this next month. I will report back when I do. If you apply sooner, please let us know how it goes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.