[Dead]Chase Sapphire Mastercard

Old May 5, 2013, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by kdoughboy
What's the shortest time anyone has waited between canceling Visa CSP and applying for MC CSP? My annual fee is due this month, so I was thinking of downgrading to Freedom, waiting a month, and then applying for MC CSP. The timing is important because I have an upcoming international trip and I'd really like to use the CSP, but I also don't want to pay the fee on my current card. If a month is too short, I could just use another card overseas and try for the MC CSP later.
Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
I had a Visa CSP x years ago, but closed it out about 7 months ago. What is the timeframe for opening the MC CSP? Does it run from account opening or closing?
Got CSP Visa 01/2012. Converted to CS Visa 02/2013. Closed CS Visa early April 2013. Applied for CSP MC 4/23/2013. Approved. Have yet to hit minimum spend, though, so can't guarantee it works as desired.

I applied for the CSP MC through creditcards.com. It didn't show up when I just looked under Mastercard on the site, but it showed up when I searched the site for "Sapphire Preferred Mastercard".
Old May 5, 2013, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by sk8uno
Got CSP Visa 01/2012. Converted to CS Visa 02/2013. Closed CS Visa early April 2013. Applied for CSP MC 4/23/2013. Approved. Have yet to hit minimum spend, though, so can't guarantee it works as desired.

I applied for the CSP MC through creditcards.com. It didn't show up when I just looked under Mastercard on the site, but it showed up when I searched the site for "Sapphire Preferred Mastercard".
same here, except i closed it out in July 2012. applied for the CSP MC and got approved.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond

When you do that search, it just comes up with a "generic" Sapphire application. Nowhere does it say it is for the MC version. In fact if you also do a search just for "Chase Sapphire Preferred" you come up with the exact same application page.

Appears that the MC version no longer exists - unless, of course, the FTU link is an actual MC.
Old May 6, 2013, 5:41 pm

I got the CSP visa in 7/11, then applied for CSP MC in 3/12. I was denied and tried a couple times to have both cards at once. I offered to close the visa and the MC was then approved. The reps insisted I wouldn't receive the sign up bonus, but of course it posted automatically anyways.

So in answer to the original question....you don't need to wait any amount of time at all between closing the visa and applying for the MC
Old May 7, 2013, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by deant
When you do that search, it just comes up with a "generic" Sapphire application. Nowhere does it say it is for the MC version. In fact if you also do a search just for "Chase Sapphire Preferred" you come up with the exact same application page.

Appears that the MC version no longer exists - unless, of course, the FTU link is an actual MC.
Then I believe that is new. When I searched, it indicated it was a CSP MC.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:56 am

The FTU link is legit! I applied for the Sapphire MasterCard last week and had to call reconsideration to be approved. Nowhere on the application nor the approval email was there any mention that the card was in fact a MasterCard. I received the card yesterday and it is the World MasterCard Sapphire (same heavy feel as the Visa). I called to activate it and without me prompting the CSR mentioned the 40,000 UR points after 3K spend in 3 months. I closed my Visa Sapphire about 10 months ago. The FTU link was the only link I could find for the card.
Old May 7, 2013, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by LivinginDFW
The FTU link is legit! I applied for the Sapphire MasterCard last week and had to call reconsideration to be approved. Nowhere on the application nor the approval email was there any mention that the card was in fact a MasterCard. I received the card yesterday and it is the World MasterCard Sapphire (same heavy feel as the Visa). I called to activate it and without me prompting the CSR mentioned the 40,000 UR points after 3K spend in 3 months. I closed my Visa Sapphire about 10 months ago. The FTU link was the only link I could find for the card.
Awesome, this is great news. I was looking to add this card to my next round of apps. ^
Old May 8, 2013, 8:39 am

Second CSP Approved

I got the Visa CSP in November 2011. I downgraded it to a CS in December 2012 (downgraded - did not cancel). Then last week (April 30, 2013) I applied for the Mastercard CSP and was approved (after a reconsideration line call). I have not hit the minimum spend, but expect to still get the 40k bonus. I will report back once that is confirmed.

**Note: The agent I spoke with on the phone told me you cannot have BOTH CSP Visa and CSP MC at the same time, but you CAN have a CSP Visa and CS MC or a CS Visa and CSP MC. Makes sense to me, since this would be two "different" cards.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:38 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by LivinginDFW
Anyone else has tried the FTU link? I closed my CSP Visa few weeks ago and think about applying it now before the link got pulled again..
Old May 9, 2013, 3:33 am

is the card still metal?
Old May 9, 2013, 3:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by thebluejean
Anyone else has tried the FTU link? I closed my CSP Visa few weeks ago and think about applying it now before the link got pulled again..
I just applied using the FTU link for the CSP MC. I had to call the reconsideration line (maxed my available credit with Chase) and told them to close a downgraded Sapphire Visa (not preferred) that I wasn't using. Application approved and should get the card soon. I didn't confirm the 40k bonus though. I assume I'll get it or not based on the link.

For what it's worth, I downgraded my CSP Visa to the regular CS card (no fee version) around Jan 31 to avoid the annual fee. Didn't use the regular CS card at all. And now traded it in for the CSP MC version. Crossing fingers I'll get the 40k sign on bonus after $3k spend.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Songer5
I just applied using the FTU link for the CSP MC. I had to call the reconsideration line (maxed my available credit with Chase) and told them to close a downgraded Sapphire Visa (not preferred) that I wasn't using. Application approved and should get the card soon. I didn't confirm the 40k bonus though. I assume I'll get it or not based on the link.

For what it's worth, I downgraded my CSP Visa to the regular CS card (no fee version) around Jan 31 to avoid the annual fee. Didn't use the regular CS card at all. And now traded it in for the CSP MC version. Crossing fingers I'll get the 40k sign on bonus after $3k spend.
Did the rep confirm you are getting the CSP MC when you called the reconsideration line?
Old May 9, 2013, 7:20 pm

data point - cancelled sapphire visa in Jan. applied and got approved on Monday for the CSP MC. Phone rep said 50k for 5k spend in 103 days when I called today to check on status, still waiting for card to arrive with details, currently hold MP Explorer, Ink, Bold, BA and now CSP MC.
Old May 10, 2013, 11:29 am

Yes - the MC is metal just like the VISA

And called to activate my MC yesterday and the rep confirmed I will get 40K after $3K spend within the first 90 days.
Old May 10, 2013, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by thebluejean
Cant find the actual link - appreciate if you would send it to me

Thanks again

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.