Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Chase | Ultimate Rewards
Reload this Page >

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beltway
Q. What are the best current offers?

Offer for 50K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $125 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $3K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter. Extra 5K for adding additional cardholder.

Offer for 40K points for $2K spend over 3 months; AF waived first year, $95 thereafter.

Q. I just met the spend requirement. When will I receive my signup bonus points?

A. In most cases, your bonus will be credited after the close of the monthly billing cycle in which you meet the spend requirement. (Chase never posts signup bonuses mid-cycle.)

However, owing to a quirk in Chase's system, bonuses associated with charges incurred in the last ~7 days of a billing period may not post until the end of the following billing period. This is true even if the charges appear on your current statement and generate the standard number of points per dollar spent.

Thus, if you meet your bonus spend threshold late in your billing cycle, you may not receive the corresponding signup bonus until the following month. Calling Chase to complain will not change this, so be patient and enjoy your points when they finally appear.

Q. Can I apply for this card and earn the bonus after doing so previously?

A. See the wiki and related discussion in Applying for Chase Credit Cards [Consolidated]
Print Wikipost

Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2013, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by averind
So I got the card with the bonus offer from the branch, spend $2k in 3 months and get 40k miles. I was not able to spend that much in the first statement ($1700).

But today I looked at the statement to my surprise it was showing that 40k points posted and the explanation was "First Card Use Bonus". I am pretty sure that both the branch office and the customer service on phone confirmed the promotion to be what I said at the beginning. So how did this happen? The only thing crossing my mind is that Turkish airlines kept overcharging me and eventually they issued a credit to me in the same statement cycle. Could that overcharge trigger the bonus or did the promotion change as stated in the explanation?

As a side note I also saw extra points saying "First Friday Dining Bonus". Is there a list of these special bonuses somewhere?
I think it is because of the Turkish airlines charges that put you over $2K.

It is the same description on my husband's CSP using the $2K link, despite he only received the bonus on the 2nd statement when the spend went above $2K.

It is also the same description on my 3rd statement of the MC version.

So I am doubtful the offer has changed based on this identical description also showed up on both CSPs in our household that earned the bonuses on 2nd (offer of $2K link) and 3rd months (offer of MC) respectively.

CSP has bonus on the first Friday of each month on dining, that is on top of the normal 1 extra bonus point on dining (for a total of 2) that was introduced about 2 months ago. There is no other special bonuses than the usual 2x categories as far as I remember.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 19, 2013 at 2:40 pm
Old Oct 20, 2013, 11:12 am

Thank you, perhaps the screw up by TK was actually a good thing heh...
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: Alaska MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Amex Plat
I just hit the 3k spend requirement. Do the bonuses post immediately or are they only after the end of the billing cycle?
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by u2g0d
I just hit the 3k spend requirement. Do the bonuses post immediately or are they only after the end of the billing cycle?
Not immediately. See new wiki above for details.
Old Oct 21, 2013, 11:50 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Originally Posted by u2g0d
Mine posted about 2 weeks after the first 2k purchase... much quicker than I thought they would!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 2:32 pm

Programs: SW RR
Upgrading from Sapphire to Preferred

I posted about wanting to upgrade from Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred in another thread that evenutally got merged. And I have not received an answer. So I am posting here.

What is the proper way to make sure I get the 40K bonus if I already have a Sapphire card?

Do I need to do a PC to the Freedom card 1st? and then apply for the CSP?

or

Do I just apply for CSP and then have both the regular Sapphire and SP

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich
Old Oct 22, 2013, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vegaslover8
I posted about wanting to upgrade from Sapphire to Sapphire Preferred in another thread that evenutally got merged. And I have not received an answer. So I am posting here.

What is the proper way to make sure I get the 40K bonus if I already have a Sapphire card?

Do I need to do a PC to the Freedom card 1st? and then apply for the CSP?

or

Do I just apply for CSP and then have both the regular Sapphire and SP

Any other tips would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rich
You are making the whole thing way too more complicated than it really is.

Upgrade does NOT give you bonus. You need to apply anew.

The downgrade to regular Sapphire or Freedom being done WAS for those who already owned a Sapphire Preferred Visa and wanted to get the MC version to get the bonus again because Chase does not allow one to own 2 Preferred cards.

Your existing card is not the Preferred version. So your "issue" is a non-issue.

The solution is Very simple - just apply the Preferred. The regular Sapphire and the Preferred card are 2 different products therefore having the regular Sapphire does NOT have any effect on your ability to get the bonus of Preferred if you are approved and meet the spend requirement. Yes you can have both.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:03 am

Thanks Happy. Exactly what I was looking for.
Old Oct 24, 2013, 11:59 am
Used to be garyjr316

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus, Gold Passport, Hilton HHonors, Marriott
I've searched and could not find any info on it... Does anyone know the ability to churn the Sapphire? I canceled my card 13 months ago and was thinking of reapplying for it in hopes to get the 40K sign up bonus again. Has anyone had luck with this?
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Dad to GO
I've searched and could not find any info on it... Does anyone know the ability to churn the Sapphire? I canceled my card 13 months ago and was thinking of reapplying for it in hopes to get the 40K sign up bonus again. Has anyone had luck with this?
See discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...solidated.html
Old Oct 29, 2013, 5:38 pm

Could someone please PM with a link to the 40,000 point, $2000 spending minimum offer? I see it mentioned various places in this thread that it is out there to use online, but I never can find a link. 175 pages is a lot to read through :/
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by makryger
Could someone please PM with a link to the 40,000 point, $2000 spending minimum offer? I see it mentioned various places in this thread that it is out there to use online, but I never can find a link. 175 pages is a lot to read through :/
Added to the Wiki the link that worked in June. No guarantee though.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Happy
Added to the Wiki the link that worked in June. No guarantee though.
I used the link in the Wiki. I applied and was approved right away for the 2K spend. I printed out the approval webpage which plainly showed that I have been approved for the card and more importantly the $2K spend for 40,000pts. As a side note, I already have the regular Sapphire and the lower fee SW card. I assume that is why the approval webpage popped up within 5 seconds.

I also got an email from Chase saying I was approved and my complete account information will arrive within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get the $2K spend. But if I don't I'm fine with having to spend $3K. I'm a newbie at the points game. I am glad to get any points out of it since I've been wanting the SP for a while.

I will update whenever I get the packet in the mail.
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by vegaslover8
I used the link in the Wiki. I applied and was approved right away for the 2K spend. I printed out the approval webpage which plainly showed that I have been approved for the card and more importantly the $2K spend for 40,000pts. As a side note, I already have the regular Sapphire and the lower fee SW card. I assume that is why the approval webpage popped up within 5 seconds.

I also got an email from Chase saying I was approved and my complete account information will arrive within the next 2 weeks. Hopefully I will get the $2K spend. But if I don't I'm fine with having to spend $3K. I'm a newbie at the points game. I am glad to get any points out of it since I've been wanting the SP for a while.

I will update whenever I get the packet in the mail.
I have never had one of these Chase cards before, I got an offer via mail for 50,000 pts after a $3k spend. Is that a good deal or is there a better one out there ?

Thanks
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by flyer4512
I have never had one of these Chase cards before, I got an offer via mail for 50,000 pts after a $3k spend. Is that a good deal or is there a better one out there ?

Thanks
That's about as good as it gets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.